PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami Relief - KC Rocks For the Red Cross

chiefz
01-15-2005, 09:30 AM
I hope you don't mind me posting this here (SPAM isn't the intention).

One of the members of http://www.chiefzhuddle.com is putting together a benefit with live bands to aid the victims of the Tsunami.

There are a ton of live bands for a $5.00 cover change and all proceeds go to benefit the Red Cross Tsunami Relief Effort.

I don't have a lot of time to type out all the details (bands and such) but there is a banner on the bottom chiefzhuddle.com with all the details, so I hope any of you in the KC area will attend and help support the relief effort and ease the suffering of the victoms.

Thanks a bunch,

Chiefz

teedubya
01-15-2005, 09:50 AM
why isnt it ChiefShuddle? the Z is pretty weak.

good luck with tsunamifest2005. Hope its a huge turnout.

chiefz
01-15-2005, 11:12 AM
why isnt it ChiefShuddle? the Z is pretty weak.

good luck with tsunamifest2005. Hope its a huge turnout.

Because at the time the domain wasn't available.

I plan on purchasing that one as well when I renew.

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 11:16 AM
I post on that board some,,its great,,with games and a chat room and all kinds of stuff. Good Luck with the benefit,,

OmahaChief
01-15-2005, 01:27 PM
For what it is worth I will not give a penny to the people hit by the Tsunami. NOt one of those people helped out the people in Florida after the Hurricanes or in Missouri years ago when it flooded. I wish we as Americans would worry about taking care of our own as much as we care about looking good to the rest of the world and giving our money away to them.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2005, 01:31 PM
For what it is worth I will not give a penny to the people hit by the Tsunami. NOt one of those people helped out the people in Florida after the Hurricanes or in Missouri years ago when it flooded. I wish we as Americans would worry about taking care of our own as much as we care about looking good to the rest of the world and giving our money away to them.

Good Point..hard to argue with that.

Alec R
01-15-2005, 02:29 PM

Thats what makes us better than everyone else.

Besides, the people of Indonesia don't exactly have millions to just toss our way. If you make 20K a year, you are within the top 10% richest people on the planet. 90% of Americans are richer than 90% of the rest of the world.

Let's put it like this. Let's say you live in some craphole of an island. Let's say your government sucks ass and you have to pray to Allah or face being beheaded. Let's say a tsumani hits your island and wipes out pretty much everything you have known. Lets say there is a very powerful country that is willing to offer help, would you want the people of that country to say "f*ck off, where was our help earlier?"

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 02:36 PM

Besides, the people of Indonesia don't exactly have millions to just toss our way. If you make 20K a year, you are within the top 10% richest people on the planet. 90% of Americans are richer than 90% of the rest of the world.

Let's put it like this. Let's say you live in some craphole of an island. Let's say your government sucks ass and you have to pray to Allah or face being beheaded. Let's say a tsumani hits your island and wipes out pretty much everything you have known. Lets say there is a very powerful country that is willing to offer help, would you want the people of that country to say "f*ck off, where was our help earlier?"

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

OmahaChief
01-15-2005, 02:39 PM

What made America a great country was hard work and being sufficient on our own for the most part. If we continue to coddle every other country in the world they will never learn to stand on their own. Our forefathers struggled in this new land when they came over. They were outcasts with little outside help yet through hard work they overcame the odds and made this country great. Let these countries make their own way, let them stand on their own feet after a disater, let them decide the fate of their land like we did ours.

I see this like welfare, if you keep giving and giving and not demanding anything in return you have a society like ours that a portion of the populous become a welfare state. They do not do for themselves, we as tax payers take care of them.

Instead of the aide we are sending to them folks or the $50 billion we sent to Africa for aides reliefe use that money to improve our inter cities and infrastructure. Use that money to increase teachers wages and police and fireman and our military. Use this money to help research cures for Cancer and other disabilitating diseases.

I don't like seeing our own people live in poverty and have crappy schools to go to while all the while we are handing money out to people in other countries.

What makes us better then the others is we made our way on our own not relied on others. Giving money away does not make this country great.

To answer your question. If I lived in those areas I would appreciate the help but not expect it like the world has come to expect from the US.

|Zach|
01-15-2005, 02:41 PM
What makes us better then the others is we made our way on our own not relied on others.
heh

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 02:41 PM

What a freaking jerk you are,,they HAD NOTHING before this hit and they have EVEN LESS now if your feeble mind can comprehend this. Thank God the people of this country do not all think like you,, I hope you sleep real well at night by saying fu*k off to those homeless, parentless children.

OmahaChief
01-15-2005, 02:43 PM
What a freaking jerk you are,,they HAD NOTHING before this hit and they have EVEN LESS now if your feeble mind can comprehend this. Thank God the people of this country do not all think like you,, I hope you sleep real well at night by saying fu*k off to those homeless, parentless children.

I will becuase I am not responsible for them or their lives. Do you sleep well at night knowing that people die every day on our streets yet we do nothing about it? Do you sleep well at night knowing we are sending kids into school with substandard materials. It's all a choice, I choose to worry about the US and our people not those in other countries.

I think it speaks volumes to your state of mind that while I debate these issues you slump to name calling. Bravo.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Uh oh... Duhneese junior.

OmahaChief
01-15-2005, 02:45 PM

Me Denise junior? Hell I am a straight ticket Republican. I am just tied of taking care of the world while our society weakens.

Phobia
01-15-2005, 02:45 PM
What a freaking jerk you are,,they HAD NOTHING before this hit and they have EVEN LESS now if your feeble mind can comprehend this.

I can comprehend that just fine. There are thousands of children who had nothing. I'm going to give nothing to each and every one of these kids. I hope that I can help....

Phobia
01-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Me Denise junior? Hell I am a straight ticket Republican. I am just tied of taking care of the world while our society weakens.

Nah - not you.

Mile High Mania

I wasn't directing that to you...

tommykat

ROFLROFL

What a piece of scum he is!

|Zach|
01-15-2005, 02:47 PM
I have no problem with this kind of aide in time of a disaster esp this disaster. I feel the same OC does about general aide though...sometimes it seems to do more harm than good in fact.

OmahaChief
01-15-2005, 02:48 PM
I wasn't directing that to you...

Was hoping not as being grouped with her would be enough to off myself.

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 02:49 PM
I can comprehend that just fine. There are thousands of children who had nothing. I'm going to give nothing to each and every one of these kids. I hope that I can help....

Man I can't even begin to tell you how sad I am to hear you saying this,,I never ever thought something like this would come from you,,:shake:

Mile High Mania
I think disasters like this definitely need world support.... but, sadly we have our own issues here at home with the homeless and poor (many of them children). It just sucks for them that it wasn't an act of God that put them there and it's not considered the "thing to do" by donating and doing concerts.

Farm Aid did that... but I think that even fell apart a few years ago.

Phobia
ROFLROFL

What a piece of scum he is!

Heh heh. Yeah.

OmahaChief
01-15-2005, 02:50 PM
I have no problem with this kind of aide in time of a disaster esp this disaster. I feel the same OC does about general aide though...sometimes it seems to do more harm than good in fact.

I can stand by giving some aide but I get pissed off seeing the US lead the charge again and all these other countries jump in and help but when the US faces a diaster there is no one to lead the charge to lend a hand for us.

We could have used workers from other countries to come to Florida and help rebuild homes or roof houses, things that are being down over there but no one was to be seen.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Man I can't even begin to tell you how sad I am to hear you saying this,,I never ever thought something like this would come from you,,:shake:

You've donated at least time and or money to the cause, right?

Phobia
01-15-2005, 02:51 PM

Come on. It's a joke. I operate a children's charity. Jeesh.

chiefs4me

as much as you mention that girl,,I am starting to think you have a crush on her,,:harumph:

tommykat

Jacko is that you? ROFL

OmahaChief
01-15-2005, 02:52 PM
I think disasters like this definitely need world support.... but, sadly we have our own issues here at home with the homeless and poor (many of them children). It just sucks for them that it wasn't an act of God that put them there and it's not considered the "thing to do" by donating and doing concerts.

Farm Aid did that... but I think that even fell apart a few years ago.

Exactly, where are these NBA kids, many of them from the inner city, giving aide to school to help our own. They forget about them but since giving to this cause gets headlines every ahole and his buddy want to be involved.

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 02:52 PM

How am I supposed to know this,,and this thread is really great for me. It let's me know who I really would like to meet this year and who I don't give a fu*k about.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 02:53 PM
as much as you mention that girl,,I am starting to think you have a crush on her,,:harumph:

Uhhh, sure... I mention her once every other month or so.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 02:54 PM

The Phobia's Childrens' Charity, right?

Phobia
01-15-2005, 02:54 PM
How am I supposed to know this,,and this thread is really great for me. It let's me know who I really would like to meet this year and who I don't give a fu*k about.

I thought everybody knew.

http://www.37forever.org

Phobia
01-15-2005, 02:55 PM
The Phobia's Childrens' Charity, right?

Yeah, that one, too. Send a fat check every month. Heh.

Want to make a donation?

|Zach|
01-15-2005, 02:55 PM
I can stand by giving some aide but I get pissed off seeing the US lead the charge again and all these other countries jump in and help but when the US faces a diaster there is no one to lead the charge to lend a hand for us.

We could have used workers from other countries to come to Florida and help rebuild homes or roof houses, things that are being down over there but no one was to be seen.
Well, I see your point but its not really the one that leads to me to agree with you...my problem is that in the long term. It generally does more harm than good.

Hypothetically...

Say you have an island that holds two people but the island has the natural resources to support one person. You give aide to this island so the other person does not have to suffer. The two people live happily but after time passes those two people turn into four people. Now you have four people on an island that supports one person. Now, to support this island you have to give enough aide to support 3 people instead of one. To keep supporting the island the aide you would have to give is going to go up with population increases from the aide you gave in the first place. If you intend on giving aide then I hope you intend on giving expotenially more to whatever cause it would be in the future or it seems the problem is worse...

That is a very simplistic example but I think it holds true in a lot of cases. More work needs to be done to enrich the natural environment for people to live in. Not just drop food out of helicopters.

|Zach|
01-15-2005, 02:56 PM
:rolleyes:

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah, that one, too. Send a fat check every month. Heh.

Want to make a donation?

I'll send you my playoff bonus...

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 02:59 PM
You've donated at least time and or money to the cause, right?

Your dam right I did,,meet me half way and I will show you a copy of the check.:harumph:

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 02:59 PM
"...meet me halfway, across the sky..."

Now I have that damn song in my head.

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Was hoping not as being grouped with her would be enough to off myself.

Look in your phone book,,they have a hotline number you can call for help.

Bob Dole
01-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Your dam right I did,,meet me half way and I will show you a copy of the check.:harumph:

Hopefully you consulted this list (http://www.glennbeck.com/news/01062005.shtml) that Phobia the Heartless provided awhile back.

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Hopefully you consulted this list (http://www.glennbeck.com/news/01062005.shtml) that Phobia the Heartless provided awhile back.

No I didn't,,local Red Cross right here in town. I know the Capt, and have volunteered at this one for 7 years. I trust them greatly.:thumb:

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 03:09 PM
OC,,you wanna help this country,,our Red Cross just built a family center for homeless families and they need stuff. Clothes, blankets,toys,everything you have at your house,,want the address?

OmahaChief
01-15-2005, 03:15 PM
OC,,you wanna help this country,,our Red Cross just built a family center for homeless families and they need stuff. Clothes, blankets,toys,everything you have at your house,,want the address?

I actually donated three bags full of clothes to the local shelter here this week. I also donated my time serving and preparing lunches for the elderly in my own local community last Sunday. I do a good bit of community work here in Omaha. I also help at an inner city school as a mentor to youth and assist in study groups to further education.

What exactly do you do to help further this country?

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Dam I spent 10 min typing out all I do,,then thought screw you,,I don't want you knowing what I do and where.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Then step off your soapbox ...

Deberg_1990
01-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I personally would tend to agree with OU, but i understand why our country has to do it. If we didnt send money and aid and just ignored the problem, most of the rest of the world would throw a fit and critisize our government for being insensitive. Heck, they already did it after Bush failed to mention it in a speech until about 3 days after it happened. Its basically a goodwill jesture to the rest of the world for the good of mankind.

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Then step off your soapbox ...

I am not on a soapbox,,and let me enlighten you. Just because no one agrees with what I say doesn't mean that it is wrong. It just means we have different opinions. I think he is a jerk,,my opinion.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I personally would tend to agree with OU, but i understand why our country has to do it. If we didnt send money and aid and just ignored the problem, most of the rest of the world would throw a fit and critisize our government for being insensitive. Heck, they already did it after Bush failed to mention it in a speech until about 3 days after it happened. Its basically a goodwill jesture to the rest of the world for the good of mankind.

That's part of the pain that comes with being the biggest and baddest country in the free world. We have to help everyone... like it or not, and expect nothing in return.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2005, 04:56 PM
I am not on a soapbox,,and let me enlighten you. Just because no one agrees with what I say doesn't mean that it is wrong. It just means we have different opinions. I think he is a jerk,,my opinion.

I seriously doubt hes a jerk, or a bad guy. I also doubt that he doesnt care about those people. Thats not what he meant. He just wishes the US would take care of its own first, thats all.....

OmahaChief
01-15-2005, 06:01 PM
From a strictly monetary stand point let me state my feelings on this issue this way. If I had $100 extra dollars that I could do whaterver I wanted to do with it and my choices were... 1. Giving it to the Tsunami victims 2. Giving it to a family that lost everything in the Hurricanes in Florida this year or some of those that lost their stuff in the mudslides 3.Donating it to a local school to help buy better computer or materials.

I would choose 2 or 3 becuase it helps the people around me in the US. It benefits members of our society that are equally as disadvantaged as those that lost their homes in the Tsunamni. Just my choice.

If that makes me a jerk...well then I am proud to be a jerk. You and others can do whatever they want to with their money. I would like to see the citizens of the US and our government take care of our own before we worry about the world. Many good social programs have been cut while those programs that hand out money keep getting funded. It's frustrating when I meet 8th graders that read at a 5th grade level because teachers are not drawn to low paying inter city schools, it's heartbreaking when I met a family that lost everything they own in a fire. All I am saying is take care of your own. If you had a family member that was in need I would hope you would help them instead of worrying about someone 2000 miles away that you do not know, likewise I would hope you would rather help someone in your own contry. I have no problems with people giving their money to whatever cause they want but when the fedreral govt. is sucking money out of my check every two weeks, I think I am entitled to an opinion of where I think that money is best spent.

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 09:39 PM
yada yada yada

stevieray
01-16-2005, 12:30 AM
yada yada yada

Just because you don't agree with what he's saying, doesn't mean that it's wrong.

Bob Dole
01-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Just because no one agrees with what I say doesn't mean that it is wrong.

Actually, that's exactly what it means.

Clearly, you failed to read the Terms of Service when you registered.

chiefs4me
01-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Watch it boy,,I was in your neck of the woods Fri night. We put a whooping on Texarkana High,,

Bob Dole
01-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Watch it boy,,I was in your neck of the woods Fri night. We put a whooping on Texarkana High,,

You should have gave a holla.

That's in the Terms of Service agreement, too. You really should go back and read the damned thing.