PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Antispyware Update

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Well, I'm done using it.

I finally found a spyware variant that it couldn't block. Not only that, but it couldn't CLEAN IT either.

So I disabled it altogether and installed about 50 different trojans and stuff. MSAS couldn't remove HALF OF THEM. It said it was removed and when I'd reboot, they'd come right back.

I installed AdAware and they were gone in less than a minute.

Mr. Laz
01-15-2005, 10:23 AM
MicRo$ofT rUleZ!!! :thumb:

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 11:13 AM
I need a free system tuner,,anybody know of one?

4th and Long
01-15-2005, 11:33 AM
I need a free system tuner,,anybody know of one?
Define "tuner." What are you trying to do to your system and how much do you know about computers? It's unadvisable for novices to mess with their registry.

KC Jones
01-15-2005, 11:36 AM
I sometimes think we should have a separate forum just for tech questions. That way we could sticky a thread to the top that lists reccommended software for AV, spyware, trojans, firewall, etc.

Bob Dole
01-15-2005, 12:28 PM
I sometimes think we should have a separate forum just for tech questions. That way we could sticky a thread to the top that lists reccommended software for AV, spyware, trojans, firewall, etc.

That might not be a bad idea, actually. We seem to end up with a new P2P topic about every 3 weeks or so, and the spyware and antivirus discussions are fairly regular.

patteeu
01-15-2005, 02:43 PM
It almost always sounds like a good idea to create a new specialty forum, but it's almost always not a good idea, IMO.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Couldn't hurt ... just throw one up there next to DC and the Pics... would be a hell of a lot easier to find the techie threads.

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Define "tuner." What are you trying to do to your system and how much do you know about computers? It's unadvisable for novices to mess with their registry.

Thank You for the help,,:thumb:

chiefs4me
01-15-2005, 03:16 PM

that's a really good idea.:hmmm:

dirk digler
01-15-2005, 03:52 PM
I vote for a techie thread for all us tech nerds.

Over-Head
01-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Great Idea,,,
I’m a tecie wanna be, and can’t.
I may ask a dumb question, but to me it ain’t so dumb. :thumb:

I heard aboiut Ad-Aware on the board about a year ago or so,,,works great!

Bob Dole
01-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Bob Dole moved the "Help Desk" forum so it's a child of the Mental Ward and altered the description so it's more apparent that it's for all tech discussion and not just forum tech topics.

alanm
01-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I was going to install it but now I'm not sure. I get the Langa List and just by coinkydink this was in it yesterday. They described it as one of the best free antispyware apps out there. Though they did stress free for now anyway. Also mentioned that it found stuff that Ad Aware didn't. Guess I'll wait now if it's not working for you. I'm always a little leery of stuff from Microsoft anyway. Or maybe I'm just paranoid that anything I install from them is just spyware to begin with. :shake: