PDA

View Full Version : Marty gets 2 yr. extension

tommykat
01-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Schottenheimer gets two-year extension SAN DIEGO - Marty Schottenheimer, who guided the San Diego Chargers to their first AFC West title in 10 years, agreed to a two-year extension Friday that keeps him under contract through the 2007 season. The Chargers were the biggest surprise in the NFL this season, going 12-4 after winning just four games in 2003. San Diego's season ended last week in a 20-17 overtime loss to the New York Jets in a wild-card playoff game."I'm extremely pleased and proud of Marty, his staff and the entire organization," Chargers president Dean Spanos said. "They overcame a very difficult 4-12 season in 2003 and turned this franchise around. I'm already looking forward to next season."Named Chargers coach in 2002, Schottenheimer has a three-year record of 24-24 in San Diego, including 8-8 in his first season."The franchise took a giant step forward this past season," he said. "This success is a product of every person in the organization pulling together in the same direction. I appreciate the opportunity to continue to build on what we've achieved together over the past three years."Schottenheimer, 60, ranks first among active coaches in wins, improving his career mark this season to 177-117-1. He also has coached the Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins.However, Schottenheimer has been haunted by his playoff failures. Last week's loss dropped his postseason record to 5-12.

LiL stumppy
01-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I know a team that wont make it to the superbowl for the next 2 years.

tommykat
01-15-2005, 02:54 PM
I know a team that wont make it to the superbowl for the next 2 years.

Very good and true jr. ROFL