PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs: Not even close to a Superbowl

Boyceofsummer
01-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Our team is smoke and mirrors. There will be NO heroic ride, off into the sunset for CP & DV. The relevant subject at hand is who this organization will hire to guide us all beyond the CP, LH era. Will it be a short-term proposition or a well thought out venture into the next Chiefs era?

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/kc/kccheifspictures.html

Manila-Chief
01-16-2005, 01:28 AM
Wow! Do you want to claim to be first with the doom and gloom and just in case we fail you can say "I told you so"....?

In many ways this will be a lame duck season. It is very possible for CP to ride off into the sunset at the end of this season. On the other hand if DV wins a SB he may just stick around another year or 2 in order to do it again.

In fact I have hope for this season. I believe the fact we failed so badly will cause Kingless, DV, and Gun to do all they can to produce a defense which will help us win.

Nope ... I'll not put money on it coz I know CP's habit to wait until all the quality FA's are signed before he returns from vacation. But, this year we have cap money that we have not had in years. Let's reserve judgement until after the best FA's are signed.

There is reason to hope!!!!

DaWolf
01-16-2005, 02:28 AM
Yeah, and the Steelers and Falcons had no hope for this year after they finished the previous season looking like crap...

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 02:30 AM
Boyceofsummer: Not even close to backing up his argument.

Demonpenz
01-16-2005, 02:32 AM
i am not a big fan of the phrase "smoke" and mirrors

PatriotofMaine
01-16-2005, 08:45 AM
The Chiefs have got to do better in FA and the draft, it's that simple. They need one more impact player on each of the 3 major defensive units (line, LBs, secondary) if they are going to be next year's San Diego or Pittsburgh.

Any of you guys know what the salary cap picture is right now?

TIA...

Manila-Chief
01-16-2005, 08:48 AM
If you were a Chiefs fan and had read this board you would know our salary cap number.

PatriotofMaine
01-16-2005, 08:51 AM
I've already stated that the Chiefs are (and always have been) my second favorite team. Dawson was my favorite QB when I was real little.

WilliamTheIrish
01-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Damn, I'm glad Boyce posted this content to counter all the "We Are SB Bound" threads that everybody has posted over the last 6 months...

chief52
01-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Damn, I'm glad Boyce posted this content to counter all the "We Are SB Bound" threads that everybody has posted over the last 6 months...

Very good point... :clap:

Wile_E_Coyote
01-16-2005, 10:19 AM
they won #4 & have a shot at #40 is coming up, damn some people are never happy

bricks
01-16-2005, 10:51 AM
The Chiefs have got to do better in FA and the draft, it's that simple. They need one more impact player on each of the 3 major defensive units (line, LBs, secondary) if they are going to be next year's San Diego or Pittsburgh.

TIA...

:bravo: I agree. This has to be our off-season. We need a good to great off-season. They need to sign an impact CB,and LB. And score majorly in the draft on a DT or DE.

carlos3652
01-16-2005, 11:48 AM

TIA...

They just need to do better in the draft... FA is so hit and miss that its almost not worth the money..., I would rather have a good draft, and save cap money to resign any quality player we have... I am worried that L.J. and B. Waters in a few years want money and we cant give it to them because we blew it in FA again...

If you look at FA, there are 3 types of players...

Old players (good vets) but prone to injury - Chiefs already did this and got burned...

Quality Players (too expensive for current team to resign) - Chiefs can't sign em' because we need 5-7 new starters on D.

Not Starting Material (demands little money [compared to above]) - This is what we are going to get this year, because they can challenge our starting D

The Quality players that are FA right now will probably be resigned by their current team, or by another team that has a lot of money and only needs one player...

IMO we need to hit this draft hard on D - 7 of 11 pics, and 2006 Draft at least 60% on D... this is the only way we will return in 2005-2007 to try to get a SB.

Our offense is getting old, but Trent can hold 2-3 more years, our line is getting old too, but i think we will be ok, our younger guys will need to step it up once the pro bowlers retire...

I think after 2007 we will need to get a new QB and hopefully we wont turn into the SD Chargers (before this season)

RealSNR
01-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, I think we are a year or two away. The offense should still be strong for the next two years. We have this year and the next to do something with this shithole of a defense. 31st ranked D to top 15 in one season? Stranger things have happened. But it's gonna take change, and if DV doesn't want change, then yes, we have no shot at the Super Bowl.

Boyceofsummer
01-16-2005, 01:57 PM
We all thought DV was an answer. He brought in his type of guys. They are all old in NFL years. The players that were here are old, in NFL years. We have a few young players. This team is getting ready to roll over with many of the players leaving the NFL shortly. CP & DV rolled the dice. The gamble did not pay-off. To the homers with rose colored, x-ray glasses on……………never mind. THE CHIEFS ARE GONNA WIN THE SUPERBOWL NEXT YEAR!

craneref
01-16-2005, 02:00 PM
they won #4 & have a shot at #40 is coming up, damn some people are never happy

This sounds like our density, I mean destiny :p GO CHIEFS

Hammock Parties
01-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Well, I think we are a year or two away. The offense should still be strong for the next two years. We have this year and the next to do something with this shithole of a defense. 31st ranked D to top 15 in one season? Stranger things have happened. But it's gonna take change, and if DV doesn't want change, then yes, we have no shot at the Super Bowl.

A year or TWO?

Buddy, we got ONE year. Then this franchise is going to be blown all to hell.

LiL stumppy
01-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Yep I do belive next year is our greastest chance of winning the SB.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Yep I do belive next year is our greastest chance of winning the SB.

That was 95/97

RealSNR
01-16-2005, 02:40 PM
A year or TWO?

Buddy, we got ONE year. Then this franchise is going to be blown all to hell.Not really. If our Oline stays intact, we've got another shot the year after this one. We don't need Vermeil.

The real question is will Priest stick around and can we do anything without him if he does leave

FringeNC
01-16-2005, 04:07 PM
We are a better team than the Falcons. Unfortunately, we play in a conference with real teams.

Anti-homerism is more annoying than homerism. No team in the modern NFL is that far away from the SB.

HC_Chief
01-16-2005, 04:10 PM
We are a better team than the Falcons. Unfortunately, we play in a conference with real teams.

:spock:
Not even close.
I'd take our O over theirs but overall they're a much better team. They have a pretty good offense and a very good defense.
KC = half a team.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Not really. If our Oline stays intact, we've got another shot the year after this one. We don't need Vermeil.

The real question is will Priest stick around and can we do anything without him if he does leave

Wishful thinking.

Vermeil is going to leave and I think Roaf, Shields, Richardson, Green, Holmes and Kennison will retire with him.

RNR
01-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Wishful thinking.

Vermeil is going to leave and I think Roaf, Shields, Richardson, Green, Holmes and Kennison will retire with him.
FWIW I dont think any of those players retire next year.

redbrian
01-16-2005, 04:58 PM
All together now…….Doom and gloom and agony on me (you know the words, sing along)..deep dark depression excessive misery….if it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all…..doom and gloom and agony on me.

redbrian
01-16-2005, 04:59 PM

Damn goatfart even a raider fan is more astute about the Chiefs than you.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2005, 04:59 PM

Why not? Most of them are old and none wants to stick around for a rebuilding process.

You think Green wants to stick around if Roaf and Shields leave?

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Not even close.
I'd take our O over theirs but overall they're a much better team. They have a pretty good offense and a very good defense.
KC = half a team.
The showed how much of a better team they are than us this year.

I think.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Damn goatfart even a raider fan is more astute about the Chiefs than you.

Astute? You're being an ass. His opinion differs from mine, that's all.

redbrian
01-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Astute? You're being an ass. His opinion differs from mine, that's all.

ROFL
Opinion and ass….yep everyone has one, and both of yours stink.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2005, 05:15 PM
ROFL
Opinion and ass….yep everyone has one, and both of yours stink.

Why would Green stay if Roaf and Shields retire?

Holmes is done after this year....

The writing is on the wall. You guys are just homers you don't want these players to retire.

HC_Chief
01-16-2005, 05:22 PM
The showed how much of a better team they are than us this year.

I think.

Which team made its conference title game, KC or Atlanta?

Go ahead- give me DV's excuse: "it was the schedule". Horseshit.

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Which team made its conference title game, KC or Atlanta?

Go ahead- give me DV's excuse: "it was the schedule". Horseshit.
My main point is that the line between great teams and average teams is very very small...if they are SOOOO much better then how do you explain the game we played against them??

HC_Chief
01-16-2005, 05:27 PM
My main point is that the line between great teams and average teams is very very small...if they are SOOOO much better then how do you explain the game we played against them??

We were up and they were flat. It's that simple.

Atlanta has a COMPLETE team. They are solid in all three phases. Again, KC is half a team.

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 05:28 PM
We were up and they were flat. It's that simple.

Seems to me if they were that much better of a football team then they would not let that happen...

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 05:29 PM
I guess only other teams get to use excuses

HC_Chief
01-16-2005, 05:32 PM
I guess only other teams get to use excuses

What excuses? It was pretty damned obvious KC was fired up for that game and Atlanta was flat as a pancake.

Pull your head out... Atlanta won 11 games en route to clinching their division and a first round bye. They then annihilated their first round opponent en route to their conference champ[ionship. Naaaaaah, the 7-9 Chiefs are a MUCH better tem cuz they dun beet um in the reg'lar seeson. deerrrrrrr

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 05:40 PM
What excuses? It was pretty damned obvious KC was fired up for that game and Atlanta was flat as a pancake.

Pull your head out... Atlanta won 11 games en route to clinching their division and a first round bye. They then annihilated their first round opponent en route to their conference champ[ionship. Naaaaaah, the 7-9 Chiefs are a MUCH better tem cuz they dun beet um in the reg'lar seeson. deerrrrrrr
I don't think they are a better team. My only point is that the difference between good teams (like ATL) and average temas (Like KC) is very small...

If they were THAT much of a better team they would not have lost the way they did at Arrowhead. It is not as if they came out a little flat and lost a good game. We killed them in every phase of the game. Dominated...

The line is very small.

Go ahead and keep getting yourself worked up though.

RNR
01-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Why not? Most of them are old and none wants to stick around for a rebuilding process.

You think Green wants to stick around if Roaf and Shields leave?
I have not heard anything to lead me to think they will. Also the offense is solid and upgrade on defense is what has been needed, and that seems to be the plan. KC does not need a rebuild they still have a window to make a run. I wish you were in charge of the Chiefs, as I would love to see a scrap and rebuild in KC.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2005, 01:48 AM
I have not heard anything to lead me to think they will. Also the offense is solid and upgrade on defense is what has been needed, and that seems to be the plan. KC does not need a rebuild they still have a window to make a run. I wish you were in charge of the Chiefs, as I would love to see a scrap and rebuild in KC.

All it will take is a couple dominoes and the whole stack will fall on offense.

|Zach|
01-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Seems as though one big ass domino fell at the end of this past year and the stack did anything but fall.

Pants
01-17-2005, 01:59 AM
JBret, I don't see T-Rich retiring yet. I also think Priest will stick around for at least 2 or even 3 years.

And HC, we had a lot of tough breaks. We had 4 games decided by one play in each, change those plays and we are in the play-offs. Zach is right here, you are not. The difference between "good" and "average" teams is very small.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2005, 02:05 AM
Seems as though one big ass domino fell at the end of this past year and the stack did anything but fall.

I'm talking about someone retiring.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2005, 02:06 AM
I also think Priest will stick around for at least 2 or even 3 years..

Fat chance.

None of these guys needs or wants to stick around for a rebuilding process.

One year. Adios.

Pants
01-17-2005, 02:10 AM
T-Rich will stay. Holmes - I'm not sure about, but I think he will. Holmes is the type who likes to break records, he wouldn't care as much about how well his team would be doing (see year 2002).

tk13
01-17-2005, 02:22 AM
I think this might very well be Roaf and Shields' last hurrah. Holmes might not be far behind. I think we'd have to have an AFC Championship-loss type of season to keep them all, a Super Bowl or total flameout will probably be the end of the road.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 02:57 AM

Good Lord - why don't you just cut and paste my responses from October?

Hammock Parties
01-17-2005, 03:35 AM
Good Lord - why don't you just cut and paste my responses from October?

I'm honestly not trying to steal your stuff....this is original GC thought here.

Rausch
01-17-2005, 04:36 AM
Our team is smoke and mirrors. There will be NO heroic ride, off into the sunset for CP & DV. The relevant subject at hand is who this organization will hire to guide us all beyond the CP, LH era.

Amazing analysis, if only you where here on 9/10 Nostra-whitless-dumass...

The Knee-jerk reaction fans are the most enjoyable. Not because they provide long term enrichment on a BB but because you get to kick them every single day like the 1/2 dead mice full of rat poison...

Your point is a half-assed thought out approach to "why not being in the playoffs sucks."

Congratulations. You've come to accept the fact that this year we didn't have the talent and/or coaching to win a Lombardi. So far, we agree.

Now comes the ever confrontational stage where you employ Cap'n Crunch back-side-0-teh-box logic and remind me why team X can NEVAR win a superbowl...

And me, and Keg, and Misplaced Chiefs Fan all lunge back in horror, once again realizing that comprehension is 1/2 of reading...

Otter
01-17-2005, 06:28 AM
Who says the Peterson Era is over? He's like a bad case of the crabs.