PDA

View Full Version : Help. I have spyware/virus that I cant get rid of.

BigVE
01-16-2005, 10:55 AM
I have AVG 7.0 and Adaware 6.0 downloaded, but the other day I was doing some maintenance and I disabled the AVG and forgot to turn it back on. I have somehow aquired the "Elitetoolbar/search miracle" bug. I have tried to get rid of all the the files the usual way but they will not go away. I have run the adaware and it wont get rid of it. I did a google on this bug and I got several hits that were very complicated, if someone might know of a simple way to get rid of this I would really appreciate it.

4th and Long
01-16-2005, 11:00 AM
go here and see if they have a fix http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

Kerberos
01-16-2005, 11:12 AM
I have AVG 7.0 and Adaware 6.0 downloaded, but the other day I was doing some maintenance and I disabled the AVG and forgot to turn it back on. I have somehow aquired the "Elitetoolbar/search miracle" bug. I have tried to get rid of all the the files the usual way but they will not go away. I have run the adaware and it wont get rid of it. I did a google on this bug and I got several hits that were very complicated, if someone might know of a simple way to get rid of this I would really appreciate it.

Gotta Love Free Antivirus :rolleyes:

you might go to download.com and get hijackthis and run it .. see if it helps you get the registry entry!

My machines all have sypbot S&D, spywareblaster, and ad-aware installed on them for spyware and malicious activeX control!

There is a program called PestPatrol that I have used successfully but it is a registered version that I use for unfVcking peoples machines then I uninstall it !

Hope you get it off !

Cliff

BigVE
01-16-2005, 11:12 AM
No luck with that link. Thanks though.

BigVE
01-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Gotta Love Free Antivirus :rolleyes:

you might go to download.com and get hijackthis and run it .. see if it helps you get the registry entry!

My machines all have sypbot S&D, spywareblaster, and ad-aware installed on them for spyware and malicious activeX control!

There is a program called PestPatrol that I have used successfully but it is a registered version that I use for unfVcking peoples machines then I uninstall it !

Hope you get it off !

Cliff

Thanks for the link. When I did the google search one of the sites that came up gave detailed instructions based on "hijackthis" information but I didnt know what that was for sure. I guess I will go try it.

go bo
01-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the link. When I did the google search one of the sites that came up gave detailed instructions based on "hijackthis" information but I didnt know what that was for sure. I guess I will go try it.if you found a site with detailed instructions for that particular malware toolbar, then it's pretty darned likely that hijackthis will do the trick for you...

i totally agree with the rx man as far as adaware and spybot - they're the bomb (or whatever is the word these days)...

i also use winpatrol, which seems to have stopped that kind of thing from happening on my pc...

Iowanian
01-16-2005, 09:03 PM
I've found some pretty decent free online scans that have been good.

panda
trendaway

housecall.antivirus.com

On top of Grisoft AVG, zonealarm, winpatrol and the spyware stuff.

PastorMikH
01-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Have you tried running spybot?

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

It's free and usually gets the stuff adaware misses (and vice-versa). It is my understanding that between Spybot and Adaware, you'll take care of most of those kinds of programs.

htismaqe
01-17-2005, 08:09 AM
You need to run CWShedder.

I'm pretty sure that's a CWS variant.

http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

BigVE
01-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I tell you what guys....I got rid of the sucker somehow and I dont honestly know what I did exactly. I went into some sort of file and manually deleted it and and then did a quick system restore (something i couldnt do previously) and POOF...its gone. I am still double./triple checking to make sure its gone but I have been online/connected for several hours now with NO problems whatsoever. Thanks for your tips guys, its really appreciated.