Other Positions of concern:
1) WR
2) FS
3) DE
4) Nickelback

So....
Address needs:
CB: Ken Lucas
Justification: Lucas is a playmaker. He will cost the big bucks but considering other alternatives on the market, he is the best option.
OLB: Use 1st Round Draft pick.
Justification: There is just not enough UFA talent out there. Witherspoon Might be worth the first and third, particularly with out scouts. But that would mean sacrificing
MLB: Edgerton Hartwell
Justification: A 26 year old protoge of Ray Lewis. He will know how to fire his team up, be a leader on the field and most important, cover his assignment in the middle. He will be in the FA shadow of Bell, so look for him to be slightly cheaper.

Now to adjust other positions:
Nickleback: Draft in 2nd round.
FS: Let it be.
DE: Draft in third round.
WR: Sign David Patten.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2005, 04:56 PM
acceptable

Alphaman
01-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Here's mine:

OLB: Julian Peterson
MLB: Ed Hartwell
CB: Gary Baxter

I'd prefer to spend big money on an OLB that can cover, blitz and tackle than a CB. The new rules basically eliminate the shut down CB. Champ Bailey is as good as it gets and he got burned alot because of the rules. We need a guy who is good, but not necessarily premier.

Draft:

1st round: Carlos Rogers CB
2nd round: Chris Canty DE

We don't have a 3rd.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Here's mine:

I'd prefer to spend big money on an OLB that can cover, blitz and tackle than a CB.
[/edit]

Draft:

We don't have a 3rd.

Acceptable .... after the edit to remove your cornerback BS of course :D

CosmicPal
01-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Here's mine:

I'd prefer to spend big money on an OLB that can cover, blitz and tackle than a CB. The new rules basically eliminate the shut down CB. Champ Bailey is as good as it gets and he got burned alot because of the rules. We need a guy who is good, but not necessarily premier.

Draft:

We don't have a 3rd.

I like this very much.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Thats some good ideas nitefyre.........are you available to be the Chiefs GM when Carl steps down??

Spicy McHaggis
01-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Both are something I'd be more than pleased with.

HC_Chief
01-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Here's mine:

Draft:

We don't have a 3rd.

Talk about a wet dream.... that would be out-frigging-standing!!!
:D

My bet is we won't even talk to those players, then trot out a "they wanted to play for _____________; we didn't have enough money anyway" bullshit :grr:

Bitter? M'oi?! Nooooooooo.

Nightfyre
01-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Thats some good ideas nitefyre.........are you available to be the Chiefs GM when Carl steps down??
Actually, Im making it a goal for my future. I want to be a GM of an NFL team, unrealistic or not. I'm currently a Business Major here at MSU. I figure that's the best way to start...

Hammock Parties
01-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Actually, Im making it a goal for my future. I want to be a GM of an NFL team, unrealistic or not. I'm currently a Business Major here at MSU. I figure that's the best way to start...

How awesome would that be if you became the Chiefs GM? I wonder if you would still post on the planet.

Dammit, Nightfyre!

Nightfyre
01-17-2005, 09:45 PM
How awesome would that be if you became the Chiefs GM? I wonder if you would still post on the planet.

Dammit, Nightfyre!
I sure would. But I wouldnt reveal my identity.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2005, 09:49 PM
I sure would. But I wouldnt reveal my identity.

That would suck.

Kris Kringle
01-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Here's mine:

Draft:

We don't have a 3rd. I like yours better. :thumb:

el borracho
01-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Why won't the Chiefs have a third round pick? Is that what Welbourne ended up costing us?

FloridaChief
01-17-2005, 09:58 PM
I like yours better. :thumb:

And it appears that Phony-Freakshow-Fan has a new log-in now...

Mr. Laz
01-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Why won't the Chiefs have a third round pick? Is that what Welbourne ended up costing us?

welbourn cost us a 4th last year and a 3rd or 4th this year depending on the % of plays he had.

50% is the cut off i believe

knowing our luck he played 50.1% right before he got hurt.