PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Colts = 2003 Chiefs

Alphaman
01-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Both teams ended the season with 13 wins
Manning broke a TD record, Priest Holmes broke a TD record
Both teams lack of defense lost them a chance to go to the AFC championship game

Chiefs Pantalones
01-16-2005, 06:52 PM
At least the Colts won a playoff game, which we haven't done in 100 years.

BigMeatballDave
Both teams lack of defense lost them a chance to go to the AFC championship game Sorry. I have to disagree with this. Indy's D played good enough to win today...

Deberg_1990
Yes, except we have a better power running game and they have a better passing attack.

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2005, 06:53 PM
At least the Colts won a playoff game, which we haven't done in 100 years.Damn! Has it really been that long?

Wile_E_Coyote
01-16-2005, 06:54 PM
our CB gets liquored up instead of our kicker

tk13
01-16-2005, 06:55 PM
I think we could run the ball on the Pats better than the Colts did, we're built better for that kinda grind-it-out wintery game.

Alphaman
01-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Sorry. I have to disagree with this. Indy's D played good enough to win today...

They gave up over 200 yards rushing and didn't create a turnover. You can't win in this league giving up 200 yards rushing.

Alphaman
01-16-2005, 06:56 PM
our CB gets liquored up instead of our kicker
ROFL :clap: ROFL :clap: ROFL :clap: ROFL :clap:

OK....that's really funny

ARROW2
01-16-2005, 06:57 PM
They gave up over 200 yards rushing and didn't create a turnover. You can't win in this league giving up 200 yards rushing.

Thank you.

Alphaman
01-16-2005, 06:58 PM
At least the Colts won a playoff game, which we haven't done in 100 years.

But they won a playoff game on wild card weekend. They would have preferred to have not had to play that game. If they had beaten NE, they would have played NE at home.....and still lost.

suds79
01-16-2005, 06:58 PM
I've now come to the conclusion that unless you play in Miami or San Diego, you'd better have a good defense because high powered offenses get slowed down in Januarary.

It's happened time & time again.

Question: Is DV aware that he's coaching in Kansas City? If we ever get that far in the playoffs, with the weather, I'd say our chances of scoring 30+ would be slim.

Alphaman
01-16-2005, 07:00 PM
I've now come to the conclusion that unless you play in Miami or San Diego, you'd better have a good defense because high powered offenses get slowed down in Januarary.

Question: Is DV aware that he's coaching in Kansas City? If we ever get that far in the playoffs, with the weather, I'd say our chances of scoring 30+ would be slim.

I agree with your point, but we did score over 30 when we lost last year.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 07:02 PM

Your right. The only way to do it is like the Rams did in 99. They played in the Dome but had Home Field advantage. If teams built on offense have to go on the road and play a team with a real defense. its over.

Amnorix
01-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Actually, the 2004 Colts = the 2003 Colts. They just experienced Groundhog Day.

Crush the Donx
Lose to the Pats at the Razor

Rinse and repeat...

philfree
01-16-2005, 08:43 PM

Our offense can score in any weather. They've prooved it more then once the last three years. The latest example was the Donx game this year. It was 13 degrees when we got out of our vehicle to walk into the stadium and it never got above 23 degrees the rest of the day. How many points did we put up in that one? 46!?

PhilFree :arrow:

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Our offense can score in any weather. They've prooved it more then once the last three years. The latest example was the Donx game this year. It was 13 degrees when we got out of our vehicle to walk into the stadium and it never got above 23 degrees the rest of the day. How many points did we put up in that one? 46!?

Honestly, we are better equiped to handle cold weather games because we have a Power running attack. This is part of the Colts problem IMO. They rely too much on Peyton to make precsion throws and dont run the ball enough. Plus I think Edge is a very soft runner. Elway didnt win the big dance until he had a power runner. Marino never had one.

carlos3652
01-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Did they really win a playoff game in the last 2 years other than beating the chiefs at home....?

Playing the doncs on WC weekend shouldnt count, especially if they outscore them 90-34, those werent playoff games were they... It would have been better if the doncs forfeited...

philfree
01-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Honestly, we are better equiped to handle cold weather games because we have a Power running attack. This is part of the Colts problem IMO. They rely too much on Peyton to make precsion throws and dont run the ball enough. Plus I think Edge is a very soft runner. Elway didnt win the big dance until he had a power runner. Marino never had one.

I was bumbed last year when I saw that the temp for our playoff game was gonna be 45 degrees plus. A perfect day for football. I was hoping for 30 or less and maybe some snow thrown in for effect. To bad so sad :)

Iowanian
01-16-2005, 09:07 PM
What do the teams that remain have in common?

Defenses that are not the suck.

Sure-Oz
01-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Colt's defense was the least of their problems this game. Their O can't play in shitty weather period. Dome team screwed once agian.

Bowser
01-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Colt's defense was the least of their problems this game. Their O can't play in shitty weather period. Dome team screwed once agian.

That, and the playcalling. And maybe the fact that Bellichick is totally inside Peyton's head. He played like crappola today.