PDA

View Full Version : I agree with 810 PETRO . No need to use NO. 1 on linebacker.

warpaint99
01-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Did the Pats use high 1st rounders on linebackers ?

NO.

You can find linebackers everywhere in the draft.

The Chiefs are just terrible at finding intuitive and physical linebackers.

Cornerback or Defensive End needed.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Yes.

Did the Patriots use high 1st rounders on CB?

Deberg_1990
01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Agreed....True shut down # 1 corners and dominating pass rushing defensive ends are much harder to come by than linebackers. It would be hard to pass those types of guys up.

Deberg_1990
01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Yes.

Did the Patriots use high 1st rounders on CB?

Ty Law

Phobia
01-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Ty Law
Willie McGinest

Deberg_1990
01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Willie McGinest

Both Old Parcells picks I beleive?? I know McGinest was...

Phobia
01-17-2005, 05:40 PM
You know what bothers me? Everybody wants to build their team like the Patriots or the Rams or the latest team to exhibit a little bit of success.

Why can't our team just be the Chiefs and win? Stop comparing yourselves to other teams and find a way to be successful in your own right.

You don't have the players or staff to pull off a copy of the Rams or Patriots. Drop the comparisons and build your own ****ing team.

siberian khatru
01-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Hell, they've taken TEs in the first round two of the last three years.

Big Chief Homer
01-17-2005, 05:46 PM
You know what bothers me? Everybody wants to build their team like the Patriots or the Rams or the latest team to exhibit a little bit of success.

Why can't our team just be the Chiefs and win? Stop comparing yourselves to other teams and find a way to be successful in your own right.

You don't have the players or staff to pull off a copy of the Rams or Patriots. Drop the comparisons and build your own ****ing team.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

that bothers the crap outta me as well.

When Dv became the coach he used to say"when i was with the Rams" and the" Rams did this","Rams did that" drove me nuts.I used to ask why he left the Rams if he was just trying to rebuild them in K.C.

Then on top of it he kept bringing in their castoffs.

Chiefnj
01-17-2005, 05:54 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

that bothers the crap outta me as well.

When Dv became the coach he used to say"when i was with the Rams" and the" Rams did this","Rams did that" drove me nuts.I used to ask why he left the Rams if he was just trying to rebuild them in K.C.

Then on top of it he kept bringing in their castoffs.

I find it amusing. The Rams win the Super Bowl - the next season everyone is talking about how you need a fast strike offense. The Ravens win - you don't need offense, you need defense.

I'm kind of hoping that the Steelers win so we can jump on the "you need a rookie QB to win the Super Bowl" bandwagon.

Skip Towne
01-17-2005, 05:59 PM
How did they acquire Teddy Bruschi?

Deberg_1990
01-17-2005, 06:00 PM
I find it amusing. The Rams win the Super Bowl - the next season everyone is talking about how you need a fast strike offense. The Ravens win - you don't need offense, you need defense.

I'm kind of hoping that the Steelers win so we can jump on the "you need a rookie QB to win the Super Bowl" bandwagon.

Football is simple. If you want to survive in the playoffs you have to be able to run the ball and play good defense. That has never changed and thats primarily why Indy will be sitting at home next weekend. All 4 teams left can run and play good defense. The Eagles dont run the ball so well so im predicting a Falcons upset.

royr17
01-17-2005, 06:07 PM
How did they acquire Teddy Bruschi?

I dont know he was either drafted in round 5 and up or a undrafted free agent.

|Zach|
01-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Football is simple. If you want to survive in the playoffs you have to be able to run the ball and play good defense. That has never changed and thats primarily why Indy will be sitting at home next weekend. All 4 teams left can run and play good defense. The Eagles dont run the ball so well so im predicting a Falcons upset.
The Patriots running game was shitty last year and they won the whole thing...26th in the NFL I believe.

royr17
01-17-2005, 06:09 PM

NO.

You can find linebackers everywhere in the draft.

The Chiefs are just terrible at finding intuitive and physical linebackers.

Cornerback or Defensive End needed.

Dude, how do you get so much neg rep, WTF have you done ?????

|Zach|
01-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Dude, how do you get so much neg rep, WTF have you done ?????
Ask the government.

warpaint99
01-17-2005, 06:10 PM

I don't know about that. Mcnabb can throw and run.

Philly - Pittsburgh superbowl.

Philly slight edge.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2005, 06:15 PM
You really can't say or think of who we'll be drafting until after the first month or so of FA. Drafting will depend on who we pick up in FA (if anyone).

Mr. Laz
01-17-2005, 06:17 PM
I agree with 810 PETRO . No need to use NO. 1 on linebacker.

NO.

You can find linebackers everywhere in the draft
apples and oranges

pats do a good job drafting .... our drafting teh suxors

Deberg_1990
01-17-2005, 06:26 PM
The Patriots running game was shitty last year and they won the whole thing...26th in the NFL I believe.

True, but they ran the ball well enough in the playoffs to control the clock and were successful at it "just enough" in critical times.

|Zach|
01-17-2005, 06:28 PM
True, but they ran the ball well enough in the playoffs to control the clock and were successful at it "just enough" in critical times.
I agree but that was not your orig point.

Eleazar
01-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Truth be told we need help at every position on the defense. Take the best player available when we're up.