PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Issa Chiefs new D-line prospect

royr17
01-18-2005, 08:15 PM
All the way down at the bottom on "Late Hits" will be in Bold.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Edmonton/2005/01/18/902122.html

Pringle is undecided

Maciocia slams Web report
By GERRY PRINCE -- Edmonton Sun

In an interview with the Edmonton Sun late last week, Eskimos head coach Danny Maciocia stressed no decision would be made regarding Mike Pringle without first talking to the future Hall of Famer. (CP File Photo/John Ulan)
The Rug Doctor isn't the only one steaming mad at dirt.

Rookie Edmonton Eskimos' head coach Danny Maciocia is steamed at the dirt dished up by Reseau De Sports' Internet website following his appearance on the network's coverage of the Baltimore-New England NFL playoff tilt.

Yesterday Maciocia rebutted any notion running back Mike Pringle's days with the Esks are over or that he intends to go with rookie Ron McLendon at the tailback position this season.

A report trumpeting Pringle's ouster and McLendon's elevation to starter status - attributed to Maciocia - was posted on the French-language network's website, RDS.ca, late Sunday. An English translation of the report appeared later at TSN's website.

"I was on the show live and I want to hear where it quotes me saying that," fumed Maciocia from the departure lounge of Montreal's Pierre Elliot Trudeau International airport early yesterday morning.

"I never uttered those words. If I had, they would have played the clip. They don't have a clip of me saying that. I can guarantee you what is being said is so inaccurate."

Maciocia was slotted in for the final 10 minutes of the network's 20-minute half time show during the telecast. Following a discussion of Canada's entry at the upcoming NFL Global Junior Championship, the conversation turned to the Esks and Pringle's future with the club.

'MIKE WILL LET US KNOW'

"I've been in western Canada for three years and I'm losing some of my French but I still think I can speak it fairly well to be understood," related Maciocia, who speaks English, French and Italian fluently.

"All I said was Mike will let us know and we'll go about it accordingly. I said we are in a position if Mike decides to retire that we've got McLendon and we've got (Reggie) White.

"Even if that was the case, why would I allocate one guy (McLendon or White as Pringle's replacement)?"

Jean-Marc Lemay, the man charged with producing the network's football coverage, backs Maciocia's rebuttal but remains at a loss to explain how the erroneous report ended up on the RDS.ca website.

NOT THE SAME

"I don't know who else he talked to but I can tell you what he said on air and what appeared on the website is not the same, that much I know," Lemay said.

Pringle, the CFL's all-time rushing leader, played out his option with the Green and Gold last season and is eligible for free agency Feb. 15.

In an interview with the Sun late last week, Maciocia stressed no decision would be made regarding Pringle without first talking to the future Hall of Famer.

Although Maciocia and Pringle chatted subsequent to that interview, Pringle has not yet committed to retirement or returning to the gridiron.

"Mike is still undecided and Mike is going to let us know within the next few weeks," the head coach said.

LATE HITS: Defensive lineman Jabari Issa joins receiver Brock Ralph on the list of Edmonton players who have signed with NFL clubs. Issa inked a free-agent deal with the Kansas City Chiefs ... Look for R.D. Lancaster, who began his coaching career with the Esks, to be trotted out as Maciocia's new offensive co-ordinator later this week ... The CFL Board of Governors is huddling at Montreal owner Robert Wetenall's compound in West Palm Beach, Florida, starting today. Esks' COO Rick LeLacheur is among those attending ... Ballots for the CFL coach of the year went out to members of the Football Reporters of Canada yesterday. The COTY winner will be announced during the league's Winter Congress, which is slated for Winnipeg next month.

Spicy McHaggis
01-18-2005, 08:17 PM
I've never heard of this guy. Do you know anything about him roy?

royr17
01-18-2005, 08:18 PM
I just know that he is a Defensive Lineman, he is 6'5" 300 lbs., im trying to find some background on him, I stummbled across this while reading the KCStar Board.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Drafted in the 6th round 2000 draft by Cards out of Washington. Played 2 years, cut, signed by Steelers, out of the league in '04.

royr17
01-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Probably just a training camp fodder.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Probably just a training camp fodder.

Dude, why would you say that. He has the "it" factor. He has a nose for the ball, maintains "contain", and tackles better than anybody else on the team. Have you seen him play?

royr17
01-18-2005, 08:27 PM
I just know that one of the WR's from the Eskimoes Brock Ralph could be another Marc Boerigter, too bad that we didnt try to pick him up.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Dude, why would you say that. He has the "it" factor. He has a nose for the ball, maintains "contain", and tackles better than anybody else on the team. Have you seen him play?

Dude, he doesn't hold a candle to rich scanlon.

nychief
01-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Remember all the Ricky Ray threads?

royr17
01-18-2005, 08:29 PM

I dont know, but I cant find anything good about him, I guess will just have to wait and see what we see of him but I dont expect him to make the team this year, just my opinion.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
I dont know, but I cant find anything good about him, I guess will just have to wait and see what we see of him but I dont expect him to make the team this year, just my opinion.

Now you're just trying to piss me off, aren't you? Jabari Issa will eat Eric Hicks for lunch. He can't possibly be as good as Issa. Have you seen him play?

Phobia
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Dude, he doesn't hold a candle to rich scanlon.

Why you always got to make it about Scanton? I didn't bring him up. You did. I'm through with this thread.

beavis
01-18-2005, 08:35 PM
I just know that one of the WR's from the Eskimoes Brock Ralph could be another Marc Boerigter, too bad that we didnt try to pick him up.
You say that like it's a good thing.

royr17
01-18-2005, 08:36 PM
You say that like it's a good thing.

Actually I think Boerigter is better then you guys give him credit for and that Ralph Brock whatever his name is, is a big physical WR he is 6'3" 200 lbs.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Remember all the Ricky Ray threads?

Heh. Ricky Ray is the Cleveland Browns QB on my Madden franchise. I developed him and traded him. He's sucked in Cleveland but is having a breakout season.

el borracho
01-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Jabari is a what?

royr17
01-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Jabari is a what?

He is a Defensive Lineman, he's probably just a Defensive Tackle.

nychief
01-18-2005, 08:59 PM
SOUNDS LIKE

TURDELL JENKINS!!!