PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents about the D

dtrain
01-20-2005, 10:05 AM
First Siavi and Dalton should be the starters without a doubt. Maybe that would fire up Sims to get after it. Sign a veteran corner and a LB(Hartwell should bring some fire) and in the first round draft best available de or cb 2nd round cb from 3rd round on (we should get for Tait loss) best available athlete. I believe it starts up front if the players up front are demanding double teams it frees up the the LBs to make plays against the run/blitzes and ends to get to the qb on the pass. If there is pressure on the QB then the DBs don't have to cover as long and they can play more press coverage instead of sitting 10 yards of the receiver on a blitz DAMN I HATE SEEING THAT!!! Well there is my 2 cents what do you think Planeteers?

Gaz
01-20-2005, 10:07 AM
OLB?

xoxo~
Gaz
Sees a flaw.

ROYC75
01-20-2005, 10:10 AM
We need 2 good man coverage CB's for Gun's style of D. Plus DE's,DT's and LB's, might as well add in 2 safetys .

Bout covers it don't ya think ?

Gaz
01-20-2005, 10:17 AM
We do not need DTs. We have Sims, Siavii & Dalton, which is an acceptable rotation.

Since Hicks will not be benched, we do not need DEs [although an upgrade over Hicks would be nice].

We need MLB, OLB & CB.

And you folks need to rethink CBs in man coverage. The NFL is dedicated to making man coverage extinct. The balance continues to tilt towards the WR and against the CB. There is no reason to believe this trend will be ended in our lifetimes. The NFL loves completed passes and they will have completed passes. The continued tinkering with the rules makes this abundantly clear.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure he likes the modern NFL.

dtrain
01-20-2005, 10:17 AM
OLB?

xoxo~
Gaz
Sees a flaw.

Hartwell and Mitchell can battle for the MLB and have Fujita and Fox on the outside would give us 3 fast athletic LBs who should be able to cover side line to side line and cover backs and TEs.

Gaz
01-20-2005, 10:22 AM
You have a LOT more faith in Fox than I do.

xoxo~
Gaz
Skeptical, to say the least.

elvomito
01-20-2005, 10:25 AM
...And you folks need to rethink CBs in man coverage. The NFL is dedicated to making man coverage extinct...

i want to see WRs abused within the 5 yard area. No WR or TE should be able to pass through that zone without getting knocked around a bit

Gaz
01-20-2005, 10:28 AM
i want to see WRs abused within the 5 yard area. No WR or TE should be able to pass through that zone without getting knocked around a bit

Yep. The NFL has not outlawed that yet.

xoxo~
Gaz
Willing to bet that it is only a matter of time.

dtrain
01-20-2005, 10:28 AM
We do not need DTs. We have Sims, Siavii & Dalton, which is an acceptable rotation.

Since Hicks will not be benched, we do not need DEs [although an upgrade over Hicks would be nice].

We need MLB, OLB & CB.

And you folks need to rethink CBs in man coverage. The NFL is dedicated to making man coverage extinct. The balance continues to tilt towards the WR and against the CB. There is no reason to believe this trend will be ended in our lifetimes. The NFL loves completed passes and they will have completed passes. The continued tinkering with the rules makes this abundantly clear.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure he likes the modern NFL.

I agree about the corners. The reason I say draft 2 corners is we need true corners and safety convertees. I would even be happy to sign 2 or 3 veteran corners and draft best availble athletes for the D.

dtrain
01-20-2005, 10:38 AM
You have a LOT more faith in Fox than I do.

xoxo~
Gaz
Skeptical, to say the least.

He got it done at GA Tech so why draft him and not give him a chance to play. I hate when the Chiefs do that afraid to play rookies!

Calcountry
01-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Yep. The NFL has not outlawed that yet.

xoxo~
Gaz
Willing to bet that it is only a matter of time.

Its easy, the WR learns how to run the CB's hands up and duck and the same time as the Chuck, making the chuck to his head.

FIRST DOWN!!!

htismaqe
01-20-2005, 12:03 PM
He got it done at GA Tech so why draft him and not give him a chance to play. I hate when the Chiefs do that afraid to play rookies!

He has everything we're looking for in an outside LB. The problem is that he's already on the team, which automatically makes him bad.

warpaint99
01-20-2005, 12:13 PM
The Chiefs need a dominate defensive player so they don't get stretched thin at stopping the run and then getting burned by the passing game.

A dominate front 7 = more people for pass coverage.
That is the best system. The Tampa Bucs when Sapp was great only used a front 6 and rest provided great pass coverage because they had one dominate player that you could then have flexibility to do more on D.

A great corner , linebacker(i don't like taking one in the first unless they can rush the passer) or Dend.

Mr. Laz
01-20-2005, 12:13 PM
He has everything we're looking for in an outside LB. The problem is that he's already on the team, which automatically makes him bad.
i thought we were supposed to trust the coaching staff and the front office because they know so much more than us?

the chiefs defense sucks ... yet Fox does not play

must mean that the coaching staff doesn't think he can handle it

we trust the coaching staff thus we must think that Fox can't handle it

it's like geometry or something ... Pythagorean theorem anyone?

htismaqe
01-20-2005, 12:25 PM
i thought we were supposed to trust the coaching staff and the front office because they know so much more than us?

the chiefs defense sucks ... yet Fox does not play

must mean that the coaching staff doesn't think he can handle it

we trust the coaching staff thus we must think that Fox can't handle it

it's like geometry or something ... Pythagorean theorem anyone?

Well, these guys are professionals...I'm quite certain they KNOW more than we do.

Whether or not they act on that knowledge, or act out of other motivations (pettiness, loyalty, fear, etc.) is up to them.

I'm generally of the position that the coaching staff should be trusted until they prove themselves untrustworthy. Dick Vermeil has done so.

cmh6476
01-20-2005, 01:14 PM
My 2 cents is that Atlanta, Philadelphia, Pittsburg and new England are all where they are because of their defense. How long is it going to take us to figure that out?

:banghead: