PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV: "The customer is shit"

Ultra Peanut
01-20-2005, 05:29 PM
That's apparently their new motto.

It's not enough to **** you over with exorbitant hidden fees, you also deserve to be treated like an untrustworthy criminal when they fail to get their shit together.

Donger
01-20-2005, 05:32 PM

It's not enough to **** you over with exorbitant hidden fees, you also deserve to be treated like an untrustworthy criminal when they fail to get their shit together.

I got notice yesterday that Dish Network is increasing my bill by $3/month. But, they did include a free PPV coupon, worth $3.99.

So, I've got that going for me.

I wonder if they'll stop running those stupid Cable Pig commercials now?

Eleazar
01-20-2005, 05:51 PM
I got notice yesterday that Dish Network is increasing my bill by $3/month. But, they did include a free PPV coupon, worth $3.99.

they can't be worse than Time Warner's "satelite sucks" ads

Calcountry
01-20-2005, 05:52 PM

Explain? ? :shrug:

Donger
01-20-2005, 05:56 PM
they can't be worse than Time Warner's "satelite sucks" ads

I wouldn't know, since they don't provide service here.

But the commercials are REALLY bad.

It's set to that "who let the dogs out" song, and they have these "cable pigs" running around.

papasmurf
01-20-2005, 06:06 PM

I received the same notice. I have had both dish and direct and as soon as my contract is up I will return to direct.

Calcountry
01-20-2005, 06:08 PM
I have always had good service from DirecTV.

Donger
01-20-2005, 06:09 PM
I received the same notice. I have had both dish and direct and as soon as my contract is up I will return to direct.

I'm considering that myself. I've been a Dish customer since 1998, but a 5% increase just out of the blue has REALLY pissed me off.

Deberg_1990
01-20-2005, 06:11 PM

Please expand on this??? Ive had direct TV for 3 years now and never had 1 problem. Time Warner can Kiss my A$$ Talk about nickel and dimeing you to death!

Skip Towne
01-20-2005, 06:11 PM
What's the problem little fellow? What did the big meanies do to you? Can uncle Skip help out?

papasmurf
01-20-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm considering that myself. I've been a Dish customer since 1998, but a 5% increase just out of the blue has REALLY pissed me off.

I wouldn't mind the increase is the service was good. Everytime you change the channel there is a 3 to 5 second delay. Hard to watch 2 games at once. The tv guide is delayed even longer than that.

Deberg_1990
01-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Everytime you change the channel there is a 3 to 5 second delay.

Hello???? Its a freaking satellite signal you are watching! what do you expect??

papasmurf
01-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Hello???? Its a freaking satellite signal you are watching! what do you expect??

never happened with direct.nlm

warpaint99
01-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Get a big dish. Maybe that will save you some bucks.

http://www.satman.com/cband.htm

Skip Towne
01-20-2005, 06:51 PM
never happened with direct.nlm
Nope. I switch back and forth lots of times. It takes about 2 seconds with the "previous channel" button.

Miles
01-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Get a big dish. Maybe that will save you some bucks.

http://www.satman.com/cband.htm

And you would get that 80's high tech look in your back yard.

Donger
01-20-2005, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't mind the increase is the service was good. Everytime you change the channel there is a 3 to 5 second delay. Hard to watch 2 games at once. The tv guide is delayed even longer than that.

I pay $72/month for two Dish receivers, HBO and Cinemax, plus 180 and locals. One of my receivers is a DVR, which I guess they now charge a monthly fee for.

F*ck that. It's a friggin hard drive! Why should I pay a monthly fee for that?

Skip Towne
01-20-2005, 07:04 PM
I pay $72/month for two Dish receivers, HBO and Cinemax, plus 180 and locals. One of my receivers is a DVR, which I guess they now charge a monthly fee for.

F*ck that. It's a friggin hard drive! Why should I pay a monthly fee for that?
They charge that fee because they can.

Calcountry
01-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Nope. I switch back and forth lots of times. It takes about 2 seconds with the "previous channel" button.
I have found that the delay is less on my Tivo system if I have all the description part of the guide in hidden mode.

Then Later, if I want to know more about the program, I just toggle that back on.

Spott
01-20-2005, 07:11 PM
I've never had satellite service. I've always preferred to steal cable.

Donger
01-20-2005, 07:28 PM
They charge that fee because they can.

Not with me, they don't.