PDA

View Full Version : I Was Freakin' Out, Man....

CosmicPal
01-21-2005, 05:24 PM
I just got home from walking my dawg around the park. All is well when on the horizon I see a line of geese flying toward us. There must have been hundreds of these wing-flapping creatures flying closer and closer to us.

Every single one of them geese phuckers were honking, yapping, screaming, chirping whatever. So, I'm standing there watching and listening to them and they then fly even lower and lower- straight at me and my dawg! I'm like, "What the hell, man?"

Just before they get to me and my dawg, they all of sudden rise back up into the sky, do a loop, and turn right freaking back around. All the while they're honking, yapping, screaming, chirping, or whatever.

I don't know what they were saying in their bird language, but I think they wanted to show me something. Well, I think I made the wise decision and just kept on walking with my dog. I'm not sure what the hell that was all about, but I'm keeping a sharp eye on this mob of geese. They can be dangerous, man...

Skip Towne
01-21-2005, 05:33 PM
I just got home from walking my dawg around the park. All is well when on the horizon I see a line of geese flying toward us. There must have been hundreds of these wing-flapping creatures flying closer and closer to us.

Every single one of them geese phuckers were honking, yapping, screaming, chirping whatever. So, I'm standing there watching and listening to them and they then fly even lower and lower- straight at me and my dawg! I'm like, "What the hell, man?"

Just before they get to me and my dawg, they all of sudden rise back up into the sky, do a loop, and turn right freaking back around. All the while they're honking, yapping, screaming, chirping, or whatever.

I don't know what they were saying in their bird language, but I think they wanted to show me something. Well, I think I made the wise decision and just kept on walking with my dog. I'm not sure what the hell that was all about, but I'm keeping a sharp eye on this mob of geese. They can be dangerous, man...
You almost got "goosed".

|Zach|
01-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Planet members have had rough run ins with animals as of late.

Bwana
01-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Likely rabid. :)

Phobia
01-21-2005, 05:54 PM
They aren't too smart. I saw a herd of them standing around on a frozen pond today, waiting on ice to melt.

morphius
01-21-2005, 06:17 PM
They were just playing a friendly game of chicken...

Calcountry
01-21-2005, 07:46 PM

Geese can bite a chunk out of your ass and you wouldn't even know it. They are not to be underestimated.

Perhaps you were walking near a body of water that they had claimed as thier nestling area. You know, Geese have to get laid to you know. Then after getting laid, they have to lay the eggs and hatch the things.

If this was merely a rest area that they claimed temproarily on their way south, the reaction could have been the same. They were firing a shot across your bow, they didn't want you to hang out their.