View Full Version : Predicting 2 feet of snow 'round here. Great...

Amnorix
01-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Now, I'm New England born and bred, and we just tend to shrug off weather issues and deal with 'em, but TWO FEET of snow is no joke. Apparently all to fall within a 28 or so hour period starting noon'ish today and ending mid-afternoon tomorrow.

All I really have to say, though, is that if power is knocked out for the Pats/Steelers game, HEADS WILL ROLL!

Skip Towne
01-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Deserves you right.

siberian khatru
01-22-2005, 07:55 AM
Guess you forgot to read the fine print on that Super Bowl deal with the devil.

2bikemike
01-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Now, I'm New England born and bred, and we just tend to shrug off weather issues and deal with 'em, but TWO FEET of snow is no joke. Apparently all to fall within a 28 or so hour period starting noon'ish today and ending mid-afternoon tomorrow.

All I really have to say, though, is that if power is knocked out for the Pats/Steelers game, HEADS WILL ROLL!

I would be pissed its happening on the weekend and not during the week. You should at least get a day or two off for putting up with that kind of weather.

teedubya
01-22-2005, 09:41 AM
that would be so hilarious if the New England area went powerless. whah aha hahah ahaha

PHOG
01-22-2005, 09:46 AM
2 ft of snow...... :shake:

If not skiing...that's just.... unnescessary. :deevee:

alanm
01-22-2005, 11:49 AM
All of our snow is gone after this week. We had mostly 50's and 60's all week. Sunny and 65 again tomorrow.:thumb:
Winter was never so enjoyable. :)

Amnorix
01-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Full blown freaking Nor'easter' blizzard up here. I'm right in the middle of the region getting hit the worst (south of Boston).

The estimates for my band of devastation are now up to 24 to 36 inches (2 to 3 feet).

There's a snow drift in front of my garage right now that is at least 4 feet high. I'm unwilling to open the garage door and measure it, however, because the 40+ mph wind will probably blow it all into the garage....

Digging out from this will be a blast... :shake:

teedubya
01-23-2005, 10:02 AM
well you will be one of mixed emotions... if Pats lose, digging out will be even more fun.

MGRS13
01-23-2005, 10:02 AM
I heard on the news this morning that between 5 and 6 a.m. 8 inches of snow was acumulated in parts of Mass. Thats alot of frickin snow in one hour. Good luck dude.

Bowser
01-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Full blown freaking Nor'easter' blizzard up here. I'm right in the middle of the region getting hit the worst (south of Boston).

The estimates for my band of devastation are now up to 24 to 36 inches (2 to 3 feet).

There's a snow drift in front of my garage right now that is at least 4 feet high. I'm unwilling to open the garage door and measure it, however, because the 40+ mph wind will probably blow it all into the garage....

Digging out from this will be a blast... :shake:

HAH-HAAA!!

Bowser
01-23-2005, 10:12 AM
And I wouldn't be laughing if it were me in that crud. Good luck, man.

Frazod
01-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Ah, sounds like you're getting the crap that blew through the Chicago area on Friday. We got about a foot where I live, but Chicago itself got lake effect snow on top of that, and they ended up with nearly 2 feet.

Enjoy! :D

HolmeZz
01-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Got about 2 feet down here.

alanm
01-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Sunny, 60 degrees and a slight breeze from the west at the moment.:thumb: May have to go wash the car before the games start. :)

The Bad Guy
01-23-2005, 12:56 PM
I got about a foot and a half in my area today.

Every year this happens I wonder why I'm not living somewhere warm.

alanm
01-23-2005, 01:09 PM
I got about a foot and a half in my area today.

Every year this happens I wonder why I'm not living somewhere warm.I live just a few miles east of the Wyoming border in Gering/Scottsbluff, Ne. We don't get a lot of snow and it's usually sunny and in the 40's and 50's during the day for most of the winter. Completely different from the subzero temps and lots of snow from what I'm used to growing up in Omaha.

chiefs4me
01-23-2005, 05:24 PM

I lived with that crap for 31 years,,how do you do it? How do you deal with the constant cold,frozen pipes,cars that won't run,shoveling snow and all the other mishaps that come with the snow? Do you ever just want to move?

Skip Towne
01-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Arkansas is a tropical paradise.

beavis
01-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey man, you're going to the Superbowl for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Stop bitching about a few flurries. :)

Amnorix
01-23-2005, 09:05 PM
I lived with that crap for 31 years,,how do you do it? How do you deal with the constant cold,frozen pipes,cars that won't run,shoveling snow and all the other mishaps that come with the snow? Do you ever just want to move?

Yes. In my distant future I see owning a condo or townhouse, and having a winter home someplace warm.

Whether this ever becomes reality or not, I dunno. But I'm NEVER confused when I see statistics about how people are moving out of the northeast and to Florida and the Southwest....

Amnorix
01-23-2005, 09:06 PM
well you will be one of mixed emotions... if Pats lose, digging out will be even more fun.

All dug out (thank God for snowblowers) and the Pats won, so no worries mate. Thanks for your concern.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

BigOlChiefsfan
01-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Congrats to your boys, Amnorix.