PDA

View Full Version : Traveling on Business can really suck some days......

Mosbonian
01-22-2005, 02:33 PM
deleted...

Saulbadguy
01-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Yep. We as Americans have decided to ditch our freedoms in order to make planes "safer". Too bad we are absolutely devoid of common sense in the process. There aren't too many things that piss me off more than airports. Everything about them..especially this new "security". I saw a small child have his toy taken away from him because it had a little tiny "toy gun"...the kind that the GI joe figures hold. Seriously. Also, I've seen small children not being able to see their mother or father off because people who don't have tickets can't get in the gates. Even saw one try to enter and give his dad a hug. Security JUMPED in front of him as he was crying.

Pretty ****ing sad...

Ultra Peanut
01-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Take solace in the fact that the people who work there are retards and probably cry themselves to sleep at night.

Bwana
01-22-2005, 02:48 PM
No doubt, part of that process is a complete joke. About half the time I am going through the check some poor 85 year old lady is getting the busniess in the area they take people when the buzzer goes off. Me being a smartass, I make a crack about it most of the time like "Yeah, she looks REALLY dangerous, very taliban like huh? Get after it boys!"

Rain Man
01-22-2005, 02:53 PM
If there was an axe under every seat, we wouldn't have to worry about people sneaking aboard knives and stuff.

I just had a nice little business trip. I ran a focus group on Tuesday night, went home, worked to get a report out, then went to the airport to catch a midnight flight to New York. I got there at 5:00 a.m., rotated between coffee shops for five hours, bought a one-day health club membership so I could use their shower, and had a meeting from 11 to 3. Then I went back to the airport, sat around for four more hours, sat on the plane for 1 1/2 hours on the runway, and got home at midnight. Sleep is overrated.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2005, 03:17 PM
No doubt, part of that process is a complete joke. About half the time I am going through the check some poor 85 year old lady is getting the busniess in the area they take people when the buzzer goes off. Me being a smartass, I make a crack about it most of the time like "Yeah, she looks REALLY dangerous, very taliban like huh? Get after it boys!"

This is why im 100% in Favor of "Racial Profiling" I know those are dirty words here in America but the Isralies have been doing it for years and they havent had a plane highjacked since the 1970's...

Saulbadguy
01-22-2005, 03:19 PM
This is why im 100% in Favor of "Racial Profiling" I know those are dirty words here in America but the Isralies have been doing it for years and they havent had a plane highjacked since the 1970's...
I don't think the people working at airports are smart enough to differentiate between different races...

Bwana
01-22-2005, 03:34 PM

All I know is untill you have an old lady, or a group of them over power a jet crew and fly it in to a building, leave them the fug along. The people running the airport goon crew are morons. :shake:

Bwana
01-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Using that scenario, remember this is Florida...retirement capital of the world. Wanna know how many were near me when i was being checked?

mmaddog

I hear ya I am in Tampa as I type.

Joe Seahawk
01-22-2005, 04:01 PM
I had to fly out of Miami on September 14th 2001 (Not positive on the date, whatever day it was when flights were allowed again) after a cruise from hell and a cancelled footballgame that was the point of the cruise..

Miami Airport was a total mess, nobody could tell which huge line was for which Airline.. It was just a huge jumble of people..

On a side note "Charro" was right in front of me in line.. :rolleyes: http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/6/7/56-50471-sm.jpg

Glad to see you made it safely mmaddog.. Cheers.

Rain Man
01-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Charo is a person who I think wouldn't have aged well. Am I right or wrong?

cdcox
01-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Charo is a person who I think wouldn't have aged well. Am I right or wrong?

I don't know, she was 61 in the picture that Joe posted. She will be 64 in March.

Rain Man
01-22-2005, 06:39 PM
61? Okay, maybe I'm wrong.

Joe Seahawk
01-22-2005, 06:52 PM
61? Okay, maybe I'm wrong.

She looked OK, but much shorter than I thought she would have been.. Had she turned around she'd be staring at my belt buckle...;)

Phobia
01-22-2005, 06:54 PM
When a rant crosses over into "short story" and borders upon "novel", it begins to suck. I'll bet Skip Towne would have done a better job summarizing your flight experience.

Mosbonian
01-22-2005, 08:16 PM
When a rant crosses over into "short story" and borders upon "novel", it begins to suck. I'll bet Skip Towne would have done a better job summarizing your flight experience.

Please feel free to delete it.....I wouldn't want to bore anyone.

Scratch that....I saved you the trouble.

Phobia
01-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Uh - dude. I was totally kidding.

Phobia
01-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Dammit, Phil. Now I'll never know how it ends.

The plane crashed on an uncharted island where all the pretty people and a big fat dude survived and immediately began making strange discoveries about themselves. Mmaddog discovered that his sarcasm meter was horribly damaged in the crash, but he soon recovers when he falls in love with the beautiful bankrobber/murdress character. Tune in next week when the boogieman makes a guest appearance.

Phobia
01-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Are there monsters in the jungle?

I don't recall. You'll need to ask mmaddog. But, be quick - he could delete the answer before you've had a chance to read it.