PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Tastiest Missouri Brewer?

gblowfish
01-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Nominees are:
Anheuser-Busch of St. Louis
Boulevard of Kansas City
Schlafly of St. Louis
Lemp (Falstaff) of St. Louis
Country Club of Kansas City

AB is the mega brewery in St. Louis for Bud, Bud Light, Busch, Natty Light, Micholob, Mich Ultra, etc.

Boulevard and Schlafly are quality regional breweries each with four or five different brews.

Lemp & Falstaff is no longer brewed in St. Louis but was for over 50 years, and at one time was 2nd biggest brewer behind AB.

Country Club was a KC beer, went out of business in the 1960's.

KC Jones
01-23-2005, 09:13 AM
It wouldn't really be fair for me to vote as I've only tasted beers from two of the brewers on the list. FWIW Boulevard's lagers are much better than the lagers coming out of AB. Since AB doesn't brew anything but lagers I really can't compare them based on anything else.

Phobia
01-23-2005, 09:53 AM
How can Blvd NOT win this poll?

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-23-2005, 09:56 AM
AB doesn't even deserve inclusion on this list...let along at the top.

Boulevard all the way. I'm ready for an Unfiltered Wheat right now.

teedubya
01-23-2005, 10:12 AM
at first i read this... "Who is the Tastiest Missouri Beaver?"

I was gonna say Elizabeth Hilden.

gblowfish
01-23-2005, 10:48 AM
at first i read this... "Who is the Tastiest Missouri Beaver?"

I was gonna say Elizabeth Hilden. Funny you should mention her. She lives in my hometown. My wife taught her kids in grade school. She also won $3000 on a Missouri Lottery scratcher ticket in 2003. Lucky Girl..and not hard on the eyes, either :p

Bowser
01-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Funny you should mention her. She lives in my hometown. My wife taught her kids in grade school. She also won $3000 on a Missouri Lottery scratcher ticket in 2003. Lucky Girl..and not hard on the eyes, either :p

And Johnny Dare's future ex-wife, if I recall.....