PDA

View Full Version : River Falls Info- Training Camp 2005

CosmicPal
01-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Some of you may recall my vacation idea post a couple of days ago...I think I've decided I'm going to do a week up in the River Falls area taking in some golf, fishing- and of course, the Chiefs training camp!

I know there's been threads about this in the past, but if you guys could help out- I'd love to get some information like:

Can I purchase tickets online? Where? Places to stay? Things to do and places to go while in the area? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks.

CosmicPal

Saulbadguy
01-23-2005, 11:28 AM
I went 10 years ago or so. There were no "tickets".

Phobia
01-23-2005, 11:30 AM
That should be fun. www.uwrf.edu usually posts a faq to help attendees. I don't think you need tickets for anything but family fun night.

CosmicPal
01-23-2005, 11:55 AM
That should be fun. www.uwrf.edu usually posts a faq to help attendees. I don't think you need tickets for anything but family fun night.

Thanks Phob! Appreciate it...

That pretty much gave me all the info I needed. Upon checking out the lodging link, I see they have several area campgrounds, so I'm now considering camping out a couple of nights while taking everything in...

If anyone HAS been there, would you mind giving me some ideas what you thought was some good eatin' in town?

Phobia
01-23-2005, 11:57 AM
If anyone HAS been there, would you mind giving me some ideas what you thought was some good eatin' in town?

From what I've heard, there isn't any - not without a drive. But you gotta eat curds. Good stuff.

CosmicPal
01-23-2005, 11:59 AM
From what I've heard, there isn't any - not without a drive. But you gotta eat curds. Good stuff.

Really? I thought some KC sportswriter was happy with one of the BBQ joints in town. I could be wrong.

Oh well, I guess I'll eat what I catch.

Phobia
01-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Really? I thought some KC sportswriter was happy with one of the BBQ joints in town. I could be wrong.

Oh well, I guess I'll eat what I catch.

I don't think so. Most of the articles I've read indicate the eating establishments worthy of praise are pretty sparse.

I think the BBQ you've seen praised is imported from KC, which they do on opening night each year - Zardas? Is that right?

TRR
01-23-2005, 12:35 PM
In River Falls, there is an AWESOME pizza joint called Steve's Pizza. It is a great place to get a pie. One of the best pizza places I have eaten at.

In Hudson (about 10 minutes from River Falls) there are two great restaurants. One is a Cafe' called San Pedro Cafe' were everything is made fresh (pasta, pizza, bruchetta). And the other restaurant is called Cabin Fever where they have the best fried Wisconsin cheese I have ever had. Also have great fried chicken.

tomahawk kid
01-23-2005, 12:49 PM
In River Falls, there is an AWESOME pizza joint called Steve's Pizza. It is a great place to get a pie. One of the best pizza places I have eaten at.

In Hudson (about 10 minutes from River Falls) there are two great restaurants. One is a Cafe' called San Pedro Cafe' were everything is made fresh (pasta, pizza, bruchetta). And the other restaurant is called Cabin Fever where they have the best fried Wisconsin cheese I have ever had. Also have great fried chicken.

Ditto what he said.

Steve's is worthy of stopping for. Every other restaurant in RF is common at best.

Hudson has the eating establishments already mentioned and a decent selection of chain restaurants. Hudson is only about a 10 minute drive from River Falls.

Send me a smoke if you have any other questions. I've been to River Falls several times and know the area fairly well.

The Bad Guy
01-23-2005, 12:54 PM
I went last year as both press and a fan and I wasn't a big fan of the whole TC experience from a fan's perspective.

It was great to have media access to interview players, but the practices were boring and the fact they didn't do any tackling means I won't be making another trip this year.

I spent most of my time at the Mall of America when I wasn't at TC so I don't know too much about the area. I stayed in Hudson.

TRR
01-23-2005, 12:59 PM
I went last year as both press and a fan and I wasn't a big fan of the whole TC experience from a fan's perspective.

It was great to have media access to interview players, but the practices were boring and the fact they didn't do any tackling means I won't be making another trip this year.

I spent most of my time at the Mall of America when I wasn't at TC so I don't know too much about the area. I stayed in Hudson.

If your going to go, try going for the Vikings scrimmage. There is a lot of hitting going on when those two meet up. They will be in River Falls this year.

TRR
01-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Here is a direct link for anyone else who wants to know about TC this summer....

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/