PDA

View Full Version : Carl Peterson letter

redfan
01-24-2005, 07:46 PM
I thought some people might find this an intersting read. This was enclosed with the first payment due on season tix.

Dear Chiefs Season Ticket Holder:

The obvious is that our 2004 football season was not what anyone, Chiefs' players, coaches or fans anticipated or desired. As we all know, coming off of a 13-3 season in 2003, winning the AFC West Division and participating in the 2004 playoffs gave great expectations to all of us. Our 2004, 7-9 season, although filled with many exciting games at Arrowhead and on the road, was most disappointing. There are always many reasons for losing but no excuses in our business. We are currently in the process of looking at all reasons for our lack of success in 2004, and will make every attempt to "get things right" in 2005.

Looking ahead to 2005 there is much to anticipate. We firmly believe that after one full year with Gunther’s defense, our defensive player personnel and coaches will be improved. As usual, we will look to free agency and the college draft to acquire, replace, and replenish some of our players, both on the defensive and offensive sides of the football. Obviously, our 2004 league-leading offense was another outstanding accomplishment by our coaches and players. We do not anticipate losing any of our offensive starters from that 2004 offense, and hopefully can repeat being in the top echelon in the NFL in offense. The performance by many of our young offensive players (e.g., Larry Johnson, Samie Parker, and Kris Wilson), gives us added and exciting depth.

As Chiefs season-ticket holders, you can anticipate a very exciting and challenging home schedule. Besides the usual AFC West opponents, we host the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, and New York Jets (all division winners) at Arrowhead in 2005. There is no place in the NFL comparable to Arrowhead Stadium to create noise and excitement, which presents a tremendously difficult environment for our Chiefs’ opponents. As a Chiefs season-ticket holder, you once again will have priority to purchase tickets to three exciting college football games at Arrowhead in 2005. Lamar and I are personally pleased that after many years of effort, we will now have for the first time in their school’s history both the University of Missouri and the University of Kansas visiting Arrowhead. The three games, Arkansas State University vs. the University of Missouri on September 3, Oklahoma University vs. the University of Kansas on October 15, and Northwest Missouri State University vs. Pittsburgh State University on October 29, will all display excellent, quality, and exciting college football. Finally, as you know, we have made the decision not change ticket or parking prices for 2005 because we always want to be receptive to the needs of the greatest fans in all of pro football. Again, we thank you for your continuing support. We now have season ticket holders in 48 states, District of Columbia, Canada, and Puerto Rico. We look forward to the 2005 football season at Arrowhead.

Sincerely,

Carl D. Peterson
President

Notes:
That's Carl's underlining.

Hammock Parties
01-24-2005, 07:48 PM
We firmly believe that after one full year with Gunther’s defense, our defensive player personnel and coaches will be improved.

Shit.

siberian khatru
01-24-2005, 07:52 PM
The performance by many of our young offensive players (e.g., Larry Johnson, Samie Parker, and Kris Wilson), gives us added and exciting depth.

Exactly what peformance by Wilson is he talking about?

redfan
01-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Yup, don't sound good. Do it, gochiefs....

From the way the letter sounds, we should be grateful we don't have to pay more to see 'em play.
Thanks, Uncle Carl!!! :cuss:

RINGLEADER
01-24-2005, 07:56 PM
I refuse to be disappointed by this group. I have zero expectations for the off-season (I mean, after all, we fielded the worse defense in the league and they rehired the same players!!!).

If we end up with one impact free agent of Ty Law, Jerimiah Trotter, John Abraham quality I'll be thrilled. I still remain convinced that Vermeil hates the fact that he has to play defense and would just as soon let the other team score fast so he can get his offense back on the field.

I'm really starting to believe Vermeil practiced coaching with an old Mattel hand-held LED football game.

Rain Man
01-24-2005, 07:57 PM

That stood out to me as well. I think Kris and I ended up the year tied in receptions.

You'd think he'd've put Junior in there or something. I guess maybe he knew better than to mention a defensive player.

RINGLEADER
01-24-2005, 07:58 PM

He's got to be talking about pre-season unless he sees something redeeming about being able to walk up to the line of scrimmage and stand still for two seconds.

Phobia
01-24-2005, 08:03 PM
I thought some people might find this an intersting read. This was enclosed with the first payment due on season tix.

Dear Chiefs Season Ticket Holder:

The obvious is that our 2004 football season was not what anyone, Chiefs' players, coaches or fans anticipated or desired. As we all know, coming off of a 13-3 season in 2003, winning the AFC West Division and participating in the 2004 playoffs gave great expectations to all of us. Our 2004, 7-9 season, although filled with many exciting games at Arrowhead and on the road, was most disappointing. There are always many reasons for losing but no excuses in our business. We are currently in the process of looking at all reasons for our lack of success in 2004, and will make every attempt to "get things right" in 2005.

Looking ahead to 2005 there is much to anticipate. We firmly believe that after one full year with Gunther’s defense, our defensive player personnel and coaches will be improved. As usual, we will look to free agency and the college draft to acquire, replace, and replenish some of our players, both on the defensive and offensive sides of the football. Obviously, our 2004 league-leading offense was another outstanding accomplishment by our coaches and players. We do not anticipate losing any of our offensive starters from that 2004 offense, and hopefully can repeat being in the top echelon in the NFL in offense. The performance by many of our young offensive players (e.g., Larry Johnson, Samie Parker, and Kris Wilson), gives us added and exciting depth.

As Chiefs season-ticket holders, you can anticipate a very exciting and challenging home schedule. Besides the usual AFC West opponents, we host the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, and New York Jets (all division winners) at Arrowhead in 2005. There is no place in the NFL comparable to Arrowhead Stadium to create noise and excitement, which presents a tremendously difficult environment for our Chiefs’ opponents. As a Chiefs season-ticket holder, you once again will have priority to purchase tickets to three exciting college football games at Arrowhead in 2005. Lamar and I are personally pleased that after many years of effort, we will now have for the first time in their school’s history both the University of Missouri and the University of Kansas visiting Arrowhead. The three games, Arkansas State University vs. the University of Missouri on September 3, Oklahoma University vs. the University of Kansas on October 15, and Northwest Missouri State University vs. Pittsburgh State University on October 29, will all display excellent, quality, and exciting college football. Finally, as you know, we have made the decision not change ticket or parking prices for 2005 because we always want to be receptive to the needs of the greatest fans in all of pro football. Again, we thank you for your continuing support. We now have season ticket holders in forty eight states, District of Columbia, Canada, and Puerto Rico. We look forward to the 2005 football season at Arrowhead.

Sincerely,

Carl D. Peterson
President

Notes: here's your subliminal message.

BigChiefFan
01-24-2005, 08:31 PM
I received the letter, too. I'm convinced the Chiefs actually think this will sell.

Otter
01-24-2005, 08:32 PM
I love the way he started every post-season press conference pointing out the past successes like there is some big legacy behind him.

Where's the recognition that this team hasn’t won a playoff game since 1993? Or how about we’re in year 16 of the five year plan?

It’s all good as far as King Carl says.

Jenson71
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
"As usual, we will look to free agency and the college draft to acquire, replace, and replenish some of our players"

Three points:

1. Don't just "look" to free agency. Be active.
2. The college draft!? BRILLIANT!!! When did CP think of this!?! Now I'm definitely excited for next year.
3. Replenish some of our players through FA and the draft? Does that make sense?

BigChiefFan
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
I love the way he started every post-season press conference pointing out the past successes like there is some big legacy behind him.

Where's the recognition that this team hasn’t won a playoff game since 1993? Or how about we’re in year 16 of the five year plan?

It’s all good as far as King Carl says.I agree. Accountabilty is the key and I haven't heard him address any of those things you brought up.

Mr. Laz
01-24-2005, 08:45 PM
I received the letter, too. I'm convinced the Chiefs actually think this will sell.
it doesn't have to sell ... he knows he has the hook into KC

he just has to keep up appearances to prevent and all out revolt

people will still fill the stadium and make them money.... and he knows it

redfan
01-24-2005, 08:59 PM
I can't believe it only took him 2 sentences to work in how greast we were last year. As if losing another home playoff game is a badge of honor. scheister...

redfan
01-24-2005, 09:00 PM
I beeyatch, and yet I still buck up.
I'm so ****ing stupid...

stevieray
01-24-2005, 09:02 PM
and he has fans talking about him and the Chiefs on this board for years.

Are you guys any different than the people in the stands? Other than the money?

And if that's true, you're basically getting screwed over for free?

At least paying to go to Arrowhead has it's own rewards.

gblowfish
01-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Wow, that's weird. Here's the letter I got:

Dear Chiefs Season Ticket Holder Born Every Minute:

The obvious is that our 2004 football season was not what anyone, Chiefs' players, coaches, fans or President-GM-CEO-illustrious Potentate anticipated or desired. Losing means loss of momentum, loss of interest, loss of attendance, loss of revenue. A lot, a really really lot of revenue.

As we all know, coming off of a 13-3 season in 2003, winning the AFC West Division and participating in the 2004 playoffs gave great expectations to all of us. Let me repeat that so that this year doesn't seem as disgusting as it actually was: As we all know, coming off of a 13-3 season in 2003, winning the AFC West Division and participating in the 2004 playoffs gave great expectations to all of us. When I say "participated" I mean everybody except our punt returner. Sorry about that.

Our 2004, 7-9 season, although filled with many exciting games at Arrowhead and on the road, was most disappointing.

Disappointing, disappointing, disappointing.

It's tough to continue on our calculated program to raise ticket and parking prices, uh... I mean there are always many reasons for losing but no excuses in our business. Except we had some bad luck, such as Kris Wilson got hurt. And Mike Maslowski got hurt. And Priest Holmes got hurt. And John Welbourn got hurt. And Marc Boerigter got hurt. And Shawn Barber got hurt. And Vonnie Holliday got hurt. Besides that, there are no excuses.

We are currently in the process of looking at all reasons for our lack of success in 2004, and will make every attempt to "get things right" in 2005. Don't get too excited. It's just an attempt. I'll also attempt to juggle six bottles of Jagermeister and shoot flaming, gaseous lightning out of my ass during the pre-game show on opening day. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Looking ahead to 2005 there is much to anticipate. We firmly believe that after one full year with Gunther’s defense, our defensive player personnel and coaches will be improved. We may go from being the 31st in the NFL in total defense to, say 29th or 28th in total defense. And Gunther has said he'll try to get by on only three hours of sleep a night instead of his usual four.

As usual, we will look to free agency, the college draft, arena leagues, Shrine Temple Circuses and Medium Security Prisons to acquire, replace, wash, spin, rinse and replenish some of our players, both on the defensive and offensive sides of the football.
We may use Heisman Trophy phenom Eric Crouch to replentish both the defensive and offensive side of the ball. That way I only have to negotiate one contract all winter. Hey, with my multiple titles, I'm a busy man. Somebody has to bust Volume Services balls over what they charge us for paper cups and liquid cheese for the nachos. And we all know nachos are more important to re-building our running game than ever before.

Obviously, our 2004 league-leading offense was another outstanding accomplishment by our coaches and players. Especially that last game in San Diego. Whooo-eee! We do not anticipate losing any of our offensive starters from that 2004 offense, and hopefully can repeat being in the top echelon in the NFL in offense. Being in the top eshelon doesn't mean we'll win, we'll just be admired by those who like eshelons.

The performance by many of our young offensive players (e.g., Larry Johnson, Samie Parker, and Kris Wilson), gives us added and exciting depth. It increases our balance, tone, volume, bass and treble. It allows us to cross fade from front to back. It's all very very exciting indeed.

As Chiefs season-ticket holders, you can anticipate a very exciting and challenging home schedule. Of course, the real challenge will be coming up with four hundred bucks every four weeks to make your payment installments on time, just like last year.

Besides the usual AFC West opponents, we host the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, and New York Jets (all division winners) at Arrowhead in 2005. So we're like, oh and three right there...

There is no place in the NFL comparable to Arrowhead Stadium to create noise and excitement, which presents a tremendously difficult environment for our Chiefs’ opponents. Especially when we fly that Stealth Bomber overhead. This year, we plan to do fly-overs as the opponent is on offense. That ought to shake up their audibles and blitz pickup schemes!

As a Chiefs season-ticket holder, you once again will have priority to purchase tickets to three exciting college football games at Arrowhead in 2005. Lamar and I are personally pleased that after many years of effort, we will now have for the first time in their school’s history both the University of Missouri and the University of Kansas visiting Arrowhead. The three games, Arkansas State University vs. the University of Missouri on September 3, Oklahoma University vs. the University of Kansas on October 15, and Northwest Missouri State University vs. Pittsburgh State University on October 29, will all display excellent, quality, and exciting college football. And we promise we'll check each and every team for potential cover corners. God knows we don't have any.

Finally, as you know, we have made the decision not change ticket or parking prices for 2005 because we always want to be receptive to the needs of the greatest fans in all of pro football.

And we'd like to keep our testicles, thank you very much.

Again, we thank you for your continuing financial support. We like money, a really really really lot. We now have season ticket holders in 48 states, District of Columbia, Canada, Puerto Rico and several state and private institutions.

We look forward to the 2005 football season at Arrowhead and seeing your check in the mail.

You look forward to your next Visa statement. It'll be brutal.

Sincerely, your pal

Carl D. Peterson
President
CEO
GM
Poop Does Not Stink
Poobah

Jenson71
01-24-2005, 09:07 PM
That was pretty good, blowfish :thumb:

Otter
01-24-2005, 09:11 PM
it doesn't have to sell ... he knows he has the hook into KC

he just has to keep up appearances to prevent and all out revolt

people will still fill the stadium and make them money.... and he knows it

Not this cat.

I'm not a season ticket holder or anything like that but I'm done buying so much as a jersey or a hat till Peterson and his cigar club either hit the road or win a playoff game.

I'm officially and utterly disgusted.

I'd be fired by now if I came up with the same results as these clowns have in my occupation.

Mr. Laz
01-24-2005, 09:23 PM
see .... ROFL ROFL

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109010
Woo Hoo! New seats for me!

DT's new digs at Arrowhead, Sec 123 Row 39.

Undercover baby!

Gonna have some games availabe for these seats plus my other ones up in 327 Row 26. Get your orders in early :p

DT

beavis
01-24-2005, 09:27 PM
see .... ROFL ROFL

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109010
Sucker born every minute I tell ya.

BigChiefFan
01-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Wow, that's weird. Here's the letter I got:

Dear Chiefs Season Ticket Holder Born Every Minute:

The obvious is that our 2004 football season was not what anyone, Chiefs' players, coaches, fans or President-GM-CEO-illustrious Potentate anticipated or desired. Losing means loss of momentum, loss of interest, loss of attendance, loss of revenue. A lot, a really really lot of revenue.

As we all know, coming off of a 13-3 season in 2003, winning the AFC West Division and participating in the 2004 playoffs gave great expectations to all of us. Let me repeat that so that this year doesn't seem as disgusting as it actually was: As we all know, coming off of a 13-3 season in 2003, winning the AFC West Division and participating in the 2004 playoffs gave great expectations to all of us. When I say "participated" I mean everybody except our punt returner. Sorry about that.

Our 2004, 7-9 season, although filled with many exciting games at Arrowhead and on the road, was most disappointing.

Disappointing, disappointing, disappointing.

It's tough to continue on our calculated program to raise ticket and parking prices, uh... I mean there are always many reasons for losing but no excuses in our business. Except we had some bad luck, such as Kris Wilson got hurt. And Mike Maslowski got hurt. And Priest Holmes got hurt. And John Welbourn got hurt. And Marc Boerigter got hurt. And Shawn Barber got hurt. And Vonnie Holliday got hurt. Besides that, there are no excuses.

We are currently in the process of looking at all reasons for our lack of success in 2004, and will make every attempt to "get things right" in 2005. Don't get too excited. It's just an attempt. I'll also attempt to juggle six bottles of Jagermeister and shoot flaming, gaseous lightning out of my ass during the pre-game show on opening day. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Looking ahead to 2005 there is much to anticipate. We firmly believe that after one full year with Gunther’s defense, our defensive player personnel and coaches will be improved. We may go from being the 31st in the NFL in total defense to, say 29th or 28th in total defense. And Gunther has said he'll try to get by on only three hours of sleep a night instead of his usual four.

As usual, we will look to free agency, the college draft, arena leagues, Shrine Temple Circuses and Medium Security Prisons to acquire, replace, wash, spin, rinse and replenish some of our players, both on the defensive and offensive sides of the football.
We may use Heisman Trophy phenom Eric Crouch to replentish both the defensive and offensive side of the ball. That way I only have to negotiate one contract all winter. Hey, with my multiple titles, I'm a busy man. Somebody has to bust Volume Services balls over what they charge us for paper cups and liquid cheese for the nachos. And we all know nachos are more important to re-building our running game than ever before.

Obviously, our 2004 league-leading offense was another outstanding accomplishment by our coaches and players. Especially that last game in San Diego. Whooo-eee! We do not anticipate losing any of our offensive starters from that 2004 offense, and hopefully can repeat being in the top echelon in the NFL in offense. Being in the top eshelon doesn't mean we'll win, we'll just be admired by those who like eshelons.

The performance by many of our young offensive players (e.g., Larry Johnson, Samie Parker, and Kris Wilson), gives us added and exciting depth. It increases our balance, tone, volume, bass and treble. It allows us to cross fade from front to back. It's all very very exciting indeed.

As Chiefs season-ticket holders, you can anticipate a very exciting and challenging home schedule. Of course, the real challenge will be coming up with four hundred bucks every four weeks to make your payment installments on time, just like last year.

Besides the usual AFC West opponents, we host the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, and New York Jets (all division winners) at Arrowhead in 2005. So we're like, oh and three right there...

There is no place in the NFL comparable to Arrowhead Stadium to create noise and excitement, which presents a tremendously difficult environment for our Chiefs’ opponents. Especially when we fly that Stealth Bomber overhead. This year, we plan to do fly-overs as the opponent is on offense. That ought to shake up their audibles and blitz pickup schemes!

As a Chiefs season-ticket holder, you once again will have priority to purchase tickets to three exciting college football games at Arrowhead in 2005. Lamar and I are personally pleased that after many years of effort, we will now have for the first time in their school’s history both the University of Missouri and the University of Kansas visiting Arrowhead. The three games, Arkansas State University vs. the University of Missouri on September 3, Oklahoma University vs. the University of Kansas on October 15, and Northwest Missouri State University vs. Pittsburgh State University on October 29, will all display excellent, quality, and exciting college football. And we promise we'll check each and every team for potential cover corners. God knows we don't have any.

Finally, as you know, we have made the decision not change ticket or parking prices for 2005 because we always want to be receptive to the needs of the greatest fans in all of pro football.

And we'd like to keep our testicles, thank you very much.

Again, we thank you for your continuing financial support. We like money, a really really really lot. We now have season ticket holders in 48 states, District of Columbia, Canada, Puerto Rico and several state and private institutions.

We look forward to the 2005 football season at Arrowhead and seeing your check in the mail.

You look forward to your next Visa statement. It'll be brutal.

Sincerely, your pal

Carl D. Peterson
President
CEO
GM
Poop Does Not Stink
Poobah
Another classic!!! The sad part of it is. I'm seriously contemplating giving up the tickets because I'm just not sold on the FO's b.s. anymore. Another year of horseshit served up and being sold as filet mignon would be untolerable. Carl and Lamar need to shit or get off the pot because the excuses need to stop.

tk13
01-24-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm amazed no one has pointed out that the Jets didn't win their division. You think they'd be able to notice oversights like that...

Phobia
01-24-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm amazed no one has pointed out that the Jets didn't win their division. You think they'd be able to notice oversights like that...

Actually, they did. Carl Peterson said they did. Are you questioning Carl Peterson? You aren't a real fan, are you?

beavis
01-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Actually, they did. Carl Peterson said they did. Are you questioning Carl Peterson? You aren't a real fan, are you?
Actually, we are all the "best fans in the NFL". Weren't you listening?

tk13
01-24-2005, 09:47 PM
You're right. I'm not. I have wronged the fan base of the greatest fans in football. I guess I'll have to leave all of my belongings at One Arrowhead Drive and move to Canada to become a CFL fan.

Phobia
01-24-2005, 09:51 PM
You're right. I'm not. I have wronged the fan base of the greatest fans in football. I guess I'll have to leave all of my belongings at One Arrowhead Drive and move to Canada to become a CFL fan.

If you'll simply renew your season tickets and promise to never question Terry Bradway again, we'll let you stay.

siberian khatru
01-24-2005, 09:58 PM
You know, it's bad enough that Carl lies about how good the Chiefs are. But when he starts lying about other teams too ... jeesh.

TEX
01-24-2005, 10:32 PM
We are currently in the process of looking at all reasons for our lack of success in 2004, and will make every attempt to "get things right" in 2005.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The first place to look would be the debacle that was re-signing ALL our crappy FA's on _efense. Now, there's just too much to add in 1 off season to fix it. F*CKING IDIOT! :cuss:

Nzoner
01-24-2005, 10:57 PM
we host the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles,

Too bad Carl couldn't have waited a few days he could've really sold us on getting to host the two Superbowl participants.

Rausch
01-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Now, there's just too much to add in 1 off season to fix it. F*CKING IDIOT! :cuss:

Surrender much?...

TEX
01-25-2005, 01:04 AM
Surrender much?...

Not really. That's why I'm soooo PISSED! :cuss: Do you believe in Santa? How about the Tooth Fairy? ;)

Fairplay
01-25-2005, 02:25 AM
I beeyatch, and yet I still buck up.
I'm so ****ing stupid...

Ummm, er what was that?

Fairplay
01-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Not really. That's why I'm soooo PISSED! :cuss: Do you believe in Santa? How about the Tooth Fairy? ;)

I've don't believe in Santa, but the tooth fairy maybe.

alanm
01-25-2005, 02:34 AM
Oh C'mon guys... Spring training for the Royals is just around the corner.PBJ

Gawd... We are soooooooo f*cked.:banghead::deevee:

tk13
01-25-2005, 02:51 AM
Oh C'mon guys... Spring training for the Royals is just around the corner.PBJ

Gawd... We are soooooooo f*cked.:banghead::deevee:
25 days! :)

|Zach|
01-25-2005, 03:00 AM
25 days! :)
no shit? thats nuts.

tk13
01-25-2005, 03:04 AM
no shit? thats nuts.
Well, pitchers and catchers report. I guess that's officially the start of Spring Training... at least it is on the banner on the Royals website. :)

|Zach|
01-25-2005, 03:05 AM
Well, pitchers and catchers report. I guess that's officially the start of Spring Training... at least it is on the banner on the Royals website. :)
Will you give the palnet the scoop on whats going on with the Royals?

tk13
01-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Will you give the palnet the scoop on whats going on with the Royals?
I don't know if there is any big scoop. Several young players (especially pitchers) and a few solid-to-mediocre vets, no real big name stars like last year. I don't know what to expect really, it is really hard to tell how the pitching staff is gonna work out especially, there are a ton of young guys who have some potential and only 11-12 spots, hopefully they can be filled with quality guys. The good thing is that Baird and Pena learned from last year's mistakes (where they let lazy vets like Juan Gone and Santiago do whatever they wanted) and are supposed to turn spring training into a fundamentals boot camp. The Chiefs could probably learn a lesson from that....

|Zach|
01-25-2005, 03:16 AM
I don't know if there is any big scoop. Several young players (especially pitchers) and a few solid vets, no real big name stars like last year. I don't know what to expect really, it is really hard to tell how the pitching staff is gonna work out especially, there are a ton of young guys who have some potential and only 12 spots, hopefully they can be filled with quality guys. The good thing is that the Baird and Pena learned from last year's mistakes (where they let lazy vets like Juan Gone and Santiago do whatever they wanted) and are supposed to turn spring training into a fundamentals boot camp. The Chiefs could probably learn a lesson from that....
Well I meant more so as spring training goes on...I hope you keep us informed...

Did we get Lima back?

tk13
01-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Well I meant more so as spring training goes on...I hope you keep us informed...

Did we get Lima back?
I didn't know I was the official source for Royals news... :)

Yeah, Lima should be a starter, we'll see what happens. He surprised me by pitching well last year, if he can help us win a few games again I'm all for it I guess. If they don't win this year he could always be traded for prospects as long as he doesn't stink it up.

|Zach|
01-25-2005, 03:24 AM
I didn't know I was the official source for Royals news... :)

Yeah, Lima should be a starter, we'll see what happens. He surprised me by pitching well last year, if he can help us win a few games again I'm all for it I guess. If they don't win this year he could always be traded for prospects as long as he doesn't stink it up.
Well I am declaring you Official Royals News Gathering Czar.

I hope Lima does well for himself. He is fun to watch. Lots of fun. Although I think the most baseball I will be catching will be here in Springfield...a AA team moved in. The park is amazing. I am excited to go out and see them play this summer.

tk13
01-25-2005, 03:28 AM
Well I am declaring you Official Royals News Gathering Czar.

I hope Lima does well for himself. He is fun to watch. Lots of fun. Although I think the most baseball I will be catching will be here in Springfield...a AA team moved in. The park is amazing. I am excited to go out and see them play this summer.
Yeah. Boo, hiss, Cardinals. It is fun to go to Minor League baseball, you get to be closer to the game and it can be a lot of fun.

|Zach|
01-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Yeah. Boo, hiss, Cardinals. It is fun to go to Minor League baseball, you get to be closer to the game and it can be a lot of fun.
Ya man. I wish they were with another program...it sucks...they even named them the springfield cardinals. But you cant get much better consistant entertainment in the summer than minor league baseball...and it is less than a block from my place. :)

KCTitus
01-25-2005, 06:57 AM
So, redhed, did you renew your tickets or not?

Also, I was curious, where's the increase in prices everyone was predicting? Did Carl raise prices or not?

kc rush
01-25-2005, 09:28 AM

Also, I was curious, where's the increase in prices everyone was predicting? Did Carl raise prices or not?

No raise in ticket or parking prices.

MGRS13
01-25-2005, 09:36 AM
We firmly believe that after one full year with Gunther’s defense, our defensive player personnel and coaches will be improved.
This will be the excuse we hear over and over again for why we don't sign any players(or just one, if we are lucky)during the off season.

nmt1
01-25-2005, 09:44 AM
This will be the excuse we hear over and over again for why we don't sign any players(or just one, if we are lucky)during the off season.

I can't wait until Carl and Dick go on vacation.

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2005, 09:50 AM

I think he would be dragged around that huge-ass parking lot by his balls if he were to raise any prices this season after the shit we've put up with this year...course, if we go to the SB next year, you can COUNT on it... :shake:

MGRS13
01-25-2005, 10:01 AM
course, if we go to the SB next year, you can COUNT on it... :shake:
So the good news is no rise in prices next year either.

redfan
01-25-2005, 10:29 AM

Yes, I renewed.
For me, it's more of a whole package kind of thing. Our group does a pre- and post-game t/g, so the game is about more than the actual play on the field. A lot of times, it's a chance to see friends/relatives that I wouldn't see otherwise. Don't get me wrong, the post game meal sure tastes better after a win.
I was bitten by the Arrowhead bug long before Carl&Co got here.

Yeah, they aren't going to raise tix or parking, but I'll bet concessions get a hefty hike.

redfan
01-25-2005, 10:51 AM
In the part of the letter that says:
"We now have season ticket holders in 48 states,..."

It should be noted there was a rather glaring typo that I corrected. The sentence originally read:
"We now have season holders in 48 states,..."

Is no one proofreading Carl? (I'm guessing not)
I know it's a small thing, but I'm of the opinion that if you take care of the small things, the big things take care of themselves. CP isn't taking care of the small things.

tomahawk kid
01-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Have any of you guys ever tried to upgrade your season tickets with the Chiefs?

If so, how did it go?

My family is considering doing that this year.

kc rush
01-25-2005, 12:52 PM
I think he would be dragged around that huge-ass parking lot by his balls if he were to raise any prices this season after the shit we've put up with this year...course, if we go to the SB next year, you can COUNT on it... :shake:

If we go 8-8 next year they will raise prices claiming that the one game improvement is a sign of good things to come. They will also say that they need to raise prices to remain competitive in this day and age.......blah blah blah.......the greatest fans in the NFL.

Of course, I'm the idiot that keeps renewing.

kc rush
01-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Have any of you guys ever tried to upgrade your season tickets with the Chiefs?

If so, how did it go?

My family is considering doing that this year.

We try to upgrade every year. How much you can move depends upon where you are in the stadium and how many people have given up their season tix. If you are in the lower level, there isn't much room for improvement.

Hopefully (for me) there will be enough people cancelling this year that we can move closer.

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2005, 02:32 PM
If we go 8-8 next year they will raise prices claiming that the one game improvement is a sign of good things to come. They will also say that they need to raise prices to remain competitive in this day and age.......blah blah blah.......the greatest fans in the NFL.

And Carl thanks you for it, from the bottom of his heart...
:deevee:

KCTitus
01-25-2005, 02:34 PM

Do you want me to hold you to this? I can if you want.

kc rush
01-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Do you want me to hold you to this? I can if you want.

Hold me to what? That they will raise ticket prices if the Chiefs go 8-8 next year?

Sure, what the hell, you can hold me to that?

Or are you going to hold me to the comment that I'm and idiot for renewing?

KCTitus
01-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Hold me to what? That they will raise ticket prices if the Chiefs go 8-8 next year?

Or are you going to hold me to the comment that I'm and idiot for renewing?

I can hold you to both, quite frankly.

kc rush
01-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I can hold you to both, quite frankly.

Agreed - ROFL

Calcountry
01-25-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm really starting to believe Vermeil practiced coaching with an old Mattel hand-held LED football game

ROFL, the only way you could play D is to run past them real quick and then wait on the other side until the blips almost caught you , then go on to the other side and wait for them to come back. Ball control kept the ball and the game, out of your opponents hand.

I don't know which is worse, our D, or the Defense that the Mattel game put up. lmao.

Calcountry
01-25-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm amazed no one has pointed out that the Jets didn't win their division. You think they'd be able to notice oversights like that...Since they beat the Chargers, they won the AFC West by Proxy.

;)

Calcountry
01-25-2005, 03:40 PM
I've don't believe in Santa, but the tooth fairy maybe.

I am fairly certain that their are quite a few fairies, even on this board. ;)

Calcountry
01-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah. Boo, hiss, Cardinals. It is fun to go to Minor League baseball, you get to be closer to the game and it can be a lot of fun.and the beer and the hot dogs are cheaper.

Calcountry
01-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Well, I've never been to a single, double, or triple A game... but, the AZ Fall League and Spring Training games I've attended still had major league prices on concessions.

****ers.

They use to have dollar beer night at the Stockton Ports games every Tuesday. That would be great action for you buddy.

Coach
01-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Bah, it's just a stupid f*cking letter that doesn't mean shit. If he wants to show us that they will improve our defense, I'll believe it when I see it, not over some little f*cking letter.

I'd like to roll up this letter and jam it right back up to Carl's candy ass.

crossbow
01-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Here is the thing about our magical 13-3 season:

Take away the 4 games Dante Hall won for us and we were 9-7 and out of the playoffs again. And that is exactly what the other teams did this year. They put a stop to it.

Rausch
01-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Here is the thing about our magical 13-3 season:

Take away the 4 games Dante Hall won for us and we were 9-7 and out of the playoffs again. And that is exactly what the other teams did this year. They put a stop to it.

And if we take away John Elway the Chiefs have two superbowl rings.

Nice post...

crossbow
01-25-2005, 10:37 PM
And if we take away John Elway the Chiefs have two superbowl rings.

Nice post...

The Chiefs were robbed in both of those games. The NFL wanted to market Elway like a box of cerial and we paid for it. Just like the year Tampa got screwed because Saint Louis was "supposed" to go.

stevieray
01-25-2005, 10:43 PM
The Chiefs were robbed in both of those games. The NFL wanted to market Elway like a box of cerial and we paid for it. Just like the year Tampa got screwed because Saint Louis was "supposed" to go.

Exactly...no way the NFL wasn't going to produce a winner out of the class of 83..considering they rode their backs for a decade...

Tribal Warfare
01-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Just read my sig, and that letter will make you more pissed off