PDA

View Full Version : Brand new first round mock draft

PatriotofMaine
01-25-2005, 06:47 AM
CDS Mock Draft : Round 1

Feel free to make comments here.

1. San Francisco : QB Aaron Rodgers (Cal, 6-2, 198) SF needs a good QB, Nolan wants to put one of his guys in there. So he takes the local boy and makes good with the press in the process. Rodgers is accurate passer with good mechanics and leadership skills. Other possibilites include QB Alex Smith or trading down to get more value, SF has many holes to fill this offseason if it wants to compete again.

2. Miami : RB Cedric Benson (Texas, 6-0, 225) No question what Miami needs, and Benson is the best RB available. Benson has both power and speed. Other possibilities include RB Ronnie Brown, QB Alex Smith or OT Alex Barron.

3. Cleveland : CB Antrel Rolle (Miami, 6-1, 202) Cleveland needs defensive help and Rolle is the best defensive player available. Other possibilities include QB Alex Smith or possibly the next best defensive player LB Derrick Johnson.

4. Chicago : WR Mike Williams (USC, 6-5 235) Chicago drafts the playmaker WR, that's not from Michigan (see David Terrell). Other possibilities include LB Derrick Johnson, OT Alex Barron.

5. Tampa Bay : LB Derrick Johnson (Texas, 6-3 235) TB needs to bulk up it's LB corps with Brooks getting older, and Gold ready to leave. Johnson is a future playmaker on defense. Other possibilities include RB's Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams, or LB Channing Crowder.

6. Tennessee : OT Alex Barron (FSU, 6-6, 315) Tenn. needs to address it's glaring need along the OL at some point and Barron is the best available Offensive Lineman. Many scouts have him rated just a notch below Robert Gallery from last year's draft. This move might also get McNair to back off of the retirement talk too. Other possibilities include CB Carlos Rogers or DT Travis Johnson, as Tenn really stunk it up on Defense last year.

7. Oakland : RB Ronnie Brown (Auburn, 6-1, 232) Oakland has a huge need for a young power RB. Brown in a Norv Turner Offense could be leading the league in yardage in the next couple of years. Other possibilities include WR Braylon Edwards (especially if Porter bolts to another team), RB Carnell Williams or CB Carlos Rogers.

8. Arizona : RB Carnell Williams (Auburn, 5-11, 204) ARZ needs a RB with Emmit's departure. Denny Green covets speed backs and will "reach" at this spot for the shifty Williams. Other Possibilities include QB Alex Smith or DE David Pollack.

9. Washington : WR Braylon Edwards (Michigan, 6-3, 206) WAS looks to add to it's offense. Edwards should take some of the double coverage off of Coles. Other possibilities include DE's Erasmus James or David Pollack.

10. Detroit : SS Thomas Davis (Georgia, 6-1, 220) After spending the last 4 first rounders on Offense the Lions turn their attention to the Defense. Detroit takes the best safety in the draft. Other possiblities include DE David Pollack, LB Channing Crowder, or CB Carlos Rogers.

11. Dallas : CB Carlos Rogers (Auburn, 6-1, 194) The D in big D went belly-up last year. Parcells has shown in the past that he will not overpay for a defensive back in FA so he picks up one on the cheap through the draft. Dallas secondary now has 3 first rounders, all Thorpe Award winners. Other possibilities include DE David Pollack or OT Jamaal Brown.

12. San Diego : LB Channing Crowder (Florida, 6-3, 245) SD grabs the best ILB in the draft, who teams up with Leber and Edwards to make an excellent LB corps. Other possibilities include DT Travis Johnson, DE David Pollack or CB Justin Miller.

13. Houston : OT Jamaal Brown (Oklahoma, 6-6, 313) Houston still needs help on the O-line to protect Carr. Other possibilities include WR Mark Clayton DE/OLB Dan Cody.

14. Carolina : TE Heath Miller (Virginia, 6-5 255) Miller adds another dimension to Delhomme's passing attack. Miller is the best TE prospect in draft and should open up things for Carolina's WR's. Other Possibilities include WR Mark Clayton (if Muhammed leaves).

15. Kansas City : DT Travis Johnson (FSU, 6-4, 300) KC needs to add to it's run defense, as everyone and their mom ran up the gut on KC this past year. Ryan Simms has not lived up to his pre-draft hype that he garnered a couple of years ago. Other possibilities include CB Justin Miller, LB Channing Crowder.

16. New Orleans : QB Alex Smith (Utah, 6-4, 230) New Orleans realizes that it ain't going to far NFL with Brooks at the helm. Haslett hopes to breathe new life into this constantly underachieving team or possibly spark Brooks to a higher performance level (see Drew Brees) drafts Smith. Other possibilities include LB Odell Thurman or CB Justin Miller.

17. Cincinnati : DE David Pollack (Georgia, 6-3, 276) Bookends with Justin Smith. Should excel in Marvin Lewis Defensive system. Other possiblities include DE Erasmus James or DT Antajj Hawthorne.

18. Minnesota : CB Justin Miller (Clemson, 5-11, 200) MIN needs secondary help after being torched by journeymen Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell. Other possiblities include DE's Dan Cody and Shaun Cody.

19. St. Louis : DE Dan Cody (Oklahoma, 6-5 270) Cody joins Leornard Little and Jimmie Kennedy on a young emerging D-line. Should get lots of sack opportunities playing on turf. Other possibilities include DE Shaun Cody, WR Mark Clayton.

20. Dallas : DT Antajj Hawthorne (Wisconsin, 6-3, 300) Parcells loves him some beef in the middle. (mmmm Beef) After Glover, there is nobody of note at this position. Other Possibilites include WR Mark Clayton and DE Shaun Cody.

21. Jacksonville : DE Erasmus James (Wisconsin, 6-4, 265) JAX needs DE after cutting Douglas last year. Other possibilities include DE Shaun Cody, CB Justin Miller.

22. Baltimore : WR Mark Clayton (Oklahoma, 5-11, 187) Baltimore gets another weapon for the young Boller. Clayton can run block down the field and should help free up Heap with his routes. Other possibilities include DE Shaun Cody, QB Kyle Orton.

23. Seattle : RB JJ Arrington (Cal, 5-11, 210) Seattle picks it's replacement for the soon to be departed Alexander. Other possibilities include QB Kyle Orton or OT Wesley Britt.

24. Green Bay : DT/DE Shaun Cody (USC, 6-4, 290) GB needs some help along the D-Line. Other Possibilities include QB Kyle Orton or CB Brandon Browner.

25. Denver : TE Alex Smith (Stanford, 6-5, 255) Denver hasn't had a good TE since Sharpe. Other possibilities include CB Brandon Browner or DE/DT Shaun Cody.

26. New York Jets : CB Brandon Browner (Oregon St., 6-4, 202) Jets get defensive help. Other possiblities include CB Adam Jones, or RB's Ryan Moats or Vernard Morency (if Lamont Jordan leaves in FA).

27. Atlanta : OT Wesley Britt (Alabama, SR, 6-8, 312) Atlanta looks to protect Vick more. They realized two years ago without Vick, they ain't going too far. Other possibilities include LB's Darryl Blackstock and Barret Ruud.

28. San Diego : Odell Thurman (Georgia 6-1, 236) Someone has to cover Tony Gonzalez. Other possibilities include trading down to free up cap space, or CB Marlin Jackson.

29. Indianapolis : CB Marlin Jackson (Michigan, 6-1, 199) Indy has no problem scoring pts so this pick will used on the defense. Other possibilities LB's Darryl Blackstock and Barret Ruud. Colts may end up trading this pick to free up cap space.

30. Pittsburgh : Chris Canty (Virginia, 6-7, 280) PIT can afford to draft Canty and let him heal completely. PIT likes to "redshirt" rookies. Other possibilities include CB Corey Webster or LB Barret Ruud.

31. Philadelphia : LB Darryl Blackstock (Virginia, 6-3, 235) Philly needs to beef up the LB corps. Other possibilities include LB Barret Ruud or RB Ryan Moats.

32. New England : CB Adam Jones (West Virginia, 5-11, 190) Everything keeps going New England's way. NE needs secondary help in a bad way and the draft is here to oblige with a plethora of CB's coming out of school. Jones also returns kicks. Other possibilities include CB's Corey Webster and Marlin Jackson, LB's Darryl Blackstock and Barret Ruud.

Source: Consensus Draft Services (used with permission)

Visit condraft.com for more information.

DeepSouth
01-25-2005, 07:23 AM
PoM, I thought you were banned.

If the Chiefs take another DT in the early rounds, I'll be very disappointed.

siberian khatru
01-25-2005, 08:47 AM
I would be stunned if we took a DT in the R1.

Check that, NOTHING Carl does in the draft stuns me anymore.

And yet, IMO grabbing another DT that early would look like an admission by Carl that Sims and Siavii can't cut it and were mistakes, and I can't see Carl's ego allowing that, especially when he can avoid that by drafting at one of the other numerous D positions we need upgraded.

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2005, 08:52 AM
I still don't see how people can start saying that Siavii is a bust...geeez, dude was a Rookie. Simms on the other hand, I think...ah hell, I don't know.

We don't need another DT. I really hope this one is totally wrong. We want Rolle. I don't think I've seen a mock draft with him going that early before...

jspchief
01-25-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't know whwere this mock is from, but it may the worst of an already bad batch of mocks posted on this BB.

Anyone that thinks the Chiefs will take a DT is a football moron.

siberian khatru
01-25-2005, 08:57 AM
I still don't see how people can start saying that Siavii is a bust...geeez, dude was a Rookie.

I don't know if anyone is. I certainly wasn't. I was just saying that if we took another DT so early, it would APPEAR to be a sign that Carl lacks confidence in his previous two DTs that were picked early. And I don't think Carl wants to send that message, to the public or the players. JMO.

Hoover
01-25-2005, 09:07 AM
I think the Chiefs have to stand pat with Sims, Savii, and Dalton. We can't keep drafting the same position, it hurts the rest of the defense.

Saulbadguy
01-25-2005, 09:09 AM
I don't know whwere this mock is from, but it may the worst of an already bad batch of mocks posted on this BB.

Yep.

PatriotofMaine
01-25-2005, 09:09 AM
jspchiefs,

The Patriots keep drafting D-linemen high....

things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmm....."

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2005, 09:11 AM
I think the Chiefs have to stand pat with Sims, Savii, and Dalton. We can't keep drafting the same position, it hurts the rest of the defense.
I'm not worried about our D-line at all. Simms is not getting blown off the ball, Siavii seems pretty solid, and Dalton was better than expected.

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 09:11 AM

This mock came from Patriot of Spam.

The rest of the "bad batch" came from him as well.

Once we get closer to the draft, I'm sure you'll see better mocks from the likes of Laz and others...not to mention, better mocks from the big sites...

jspchief
01-25-2005, 09:12 AM
jspchiefs,

Gee, wonder if that has anything to do with already having quality LBs and a pro bowler at safety and DB?

PatriotofMaine
01-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Everybody was saying last year how our biggest need was depth at LB...and we drafted a D-linemen in round one and another in round two....

I was saying our LB corps was solid, and they didn't take one.

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 09:19 AM
jspchiefs,

Wow, talk about reaching for a comparison...

Since 1994, the Patriots have drafted 4 d-linemen in the 1st or 2nd round...

Willie McGinest turned out to be a rush DE/LB in the 3-4, and both Warren and Seymour are utility linemen (can play any position).

The only TRUE defensive linemen they have drafted in TEN YEARS is Vince Wilfork and they did that as a direct reaction to the fat guy leaving for Oakland.

jspchief
01-25-2005, 09:21 AM
It's not like the Patriots success is just some formula that the rest of the league is too dumb to figure out. It's not "if we draft a lot of D-linemen like NE, we can be good too".

The reason they win has to do with better talent evaluation and better coaching.

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Oops, I forgot Brandon Mitchell and Marquis Hill, both defensive ends.

It's still not a valid comparison, since we're talking SPECIFICALLY about defensive TACKLE...a position where we have NO NEED and the Patriots did.

jspchief
01-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Everybody was saying last year how our biggest need was depth at LB...and we drafted a D-linemen in round one and another in round two....

I was saying our LB corps was solid, and they didn't take one.

You guys let a good starting DT go in FA and "everyone" was saying you needed to draft depth at LB?

Whoever "everyone" is, they are a moron. My guess is it was the same idiot that came up with this sh*tty mock draft.

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 09:30 AM
You guys let a good starting DT go in FA and "everyone" was saying you needed to draft depth at LB?

Whoever "everyone" is, they are a moron. My guess is it was the same idiot that came up with this sh*tty mock draft.

ROFL

:bravo:

morphius
01-25-2005, 09:30 AM
DT? Oh come on guys, at least put some effort in your mock.

RNR
01-25-2005, 09:32 AM
I still don't see how people can start saying that Siavii is a bust...geeez, dude was a Rookie. Simms on the other hand, I think...ah hell, I don't know.

We don't need another DT. I really hope this one is totally wrong. We want Rolle. I don't think I've seen a mock draft with him going that early before...
If Simms does not step up next year for KC then the bust tag may stick. Sometimes it takes a defensive lineman a couple of years to get it. Howie Long did not really blow up untill his 3rd season. He has talked about how different it is at the NFL level. Players often have to learn how to play their position, after years of just being the strongest guy. They find out that they face a guy of equal ability every week.

ChiTown
01-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Well, hell, if we're really gonna go for it, why not draft a much needed FB in the first round...................

jspchief
01-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Well, hell, if we're really gonna go for it, why not draft a much needed FB in the first round...................

FB makes a hell of a lot more sense than DT.

PatriotofMaine
01-25-2005, 09:41 AM
You draft the best player on the board--regardless of position--unless you are absolutely stuffed with talent at that spot.

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2005, 09:55 AM
FB makes a hell of a lot more sense than DT.

Hey mon, whatchoo talkin bout mon?? Is deh somtin' wrong wit Omar??
:cuss:

MGRS13
01-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Nah no more DT's carl and dicks egos are to big to admit the last two suck bad enough to be replaced.

ck_IN
01-25-2005, 10:14 AM
This pick would be a clear admission of what most of us already know; that Sims is a bust. That said I can't see CP and DV making this pick. There's no way they'll admit the drafted a bust with the highest pick we've had in years.

morphius
01-25-2005, 10:17 AM
You draft the best player on the board--regardless of position--unless you are absolutely stuffed with talent at that spot.
No you draft the position with the best athlete that fills a needed whole if that whole is big enough. When everything is going well, you are correct, when things are going very poorly in one area you have to make a move to fill that whole.

Phobia
01-25-2005, 10:23 AM
PoM, I thought you were banned.

If the Chiefs take another DT in the early rounds, I'll be very disappointed.

No, he was never banned. He was on universal iggy for a couple of days, though. He's off iggy and is welcome to post, but is not allowed any spam whatsoever. Not even a simple link.

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 10:28 AM
If Simms does not step up next year for KC then the bust tag may stick. Sometimes it takes a defensive lineman a couple of years to get it. Howie Long did not really blow up untill his 3rd season. He has talked about how different it is at the NFL level. Players often have to learn how to play their position, after years of just being the strongest guy. They find out that they face a guy of equal ability every week.

This is it for Sims. If he doesn't dramatically improve this season, it's over.

And you're right, sometimes it does take a few years. But generally, the guys that make that transition have the desire to. Sims doesn't seem to display too much desire...

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 10:30 AM

Do you really have to be reminded that we're talking about the NFL?

This 2005.

The following statement is true:

"You draft the best player on the board--regardless of position--unless you are absolutely stuffed with talent at that spot."

if and only if you consider that the following statement is also true:

talent = salary

Chiefnj
01-25-2005, 10:44 AM
This pick would be a clear admission of what most of us already know; that Sims is a bust. That said I can't see CP and DV making this pick. There's no way they'll admit the drafted a bust with the highest pick we've had in years.

Peterson admitted on a radio interview that if he had to do the pick over again he would.

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Peterson admitted on a radio interview that if he had to do the pick over again he would.

Just to clarify, you mean if he could do it over again, he would do it over again, right?

Just wanted to make sure, because you would be correct. He basically said if he had the pick back, he wouldn't have drafted Sims.

Ralphy Boy
01-25-2005, 10:51 AM
15. Kansas City : DT Travis Johnson (FSU, 6-4, 300) KC needs to add to it's run defense, as everyone and their mom ran up the gut on KC this past year. Ryan Simms has not lived up to his pre-draft hype that he garnered a couple of years ago. Other possibilities include CB Justin Miller, LB Channing Crowder.

I suppose it's been mentioned, but I find it pretty funny that a "Draft Expert" misspelled Sims.

mcan
01-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Picking up any old position player just because you need one and passing on the best available talent will only get you a slew of the second best available players in the long run... That's the reason this club drafts poorly IN THE LONG RUN...

Mr. Laz
01-25-2005, 10:53 AM

everyone did not just run up the gut on kc last year.

they were too busy passing on our terrible passing defense

is our run defense good enough? we don't know, but lets address the areas that we KNOW are totally crappy at right now

linebacker and secondary ... cross our fingers that our D-line can hold up.

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Picking up any old position player just because you need one and passing on the best available talent will only get you a slew of the second best available players in the long run... That's the reason this club drafts poorly IN THE LONG RUN...

Very true.

But this team, especially considering how the offense is constructed, isn't about "the long run".

In fact, it's almost the opposite...in the extreme.

Chiefnj
01-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Just to clarify, you mean if he could do it over again, he would do it over again, right?

Just wanted to make sure, because you would be correct. He basically said if he had the pick back, he wouldn't have drafted Sims.

I didn't listen first hand, but from what I read Peterson said that if given a chance to redo that draft pick, he would have drafted differently. He did in essence admit that the pick has not worked out.

Mr. Laz
01-25-2005, 10:59 AM
you really think that's it??

ROFL ROFL

lemme see, we have so many holes on defense that we can pretty draft any position and fill a need AND draft the best talent.... but you think we knowingly bypass better talent in a deperate attempt to fill teams needs?!?!

classic! :clap: :clap:

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 10:59 AM
I didn't listen first hand, but from what I read Peterson said that if given a chance to redo that draft pick, he would have drafted differently. He did in essence admit that the pick has not worked out.

Yeah, I heard him first-hand and that's what I got.

I just wanted to make sure that's what you were implying, since you used "would" in the affirmative and I didn't know whether you meant:

If he had it to do over again, he would (do it over again and pick someone else)

or

If he had it to do over again, he would (take Ryan Sims)

HolmeZz
01-25-2005, 11:07 AM
This is one of the worst mocks I've seen on the net recently. You've got guys who have no shot of going in round 1(Arrington, Canty, TE Smith) and teams drafting positions they don't need(Bucs, Chiefs) and not to mention, you have the Chargers drafting two ILBs with their two first rounders.

HolmeZz
01-25-2005, 11:12 AM
25. Denver : TE Alex Smith (Stanford, 6-5, 255) Denver hasn't had a good TE since Sharpe.

Yeah, since one whole year ago. :shrug:

Eleazar
01-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Another moronic mock :rolleyes:

AirForceChief
01-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Sims doesn't seem to display too much desire...

But he does sport a nice "lazy eye."

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 11:57 AM
This is one of the worst mocks I've seen on the net recently. You've got guys who have no shot of going in round 1(Arrington, Canty, TE Smith) and teams drafting positions they don't need(Bucs, Chiefs) and not to mention, you have the Chargers drafting two ILBs with their two first rounders.

Man, you should stick around.

He posts 1 or 2 of these shitty mocks EVERY DAY.

go bo
01-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Man, you should stick around.

He posts 1 or 2 of these shitty mocks EVERY DAY.:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Tribal Warfare
01-25-2005, 01:32 PM

I agree totally always draft the BAA no matter the position. Get as much as you can out of the alotted choice

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree totally always draft the BAA no matter the position. Get as much as you can out of the alotted choice

What if the BAA happens to be, every year when you pick, a QB?

Do you draft 5 QB's?

Chris Meck
01-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Sims isn't a BUST, per se, he's just not what we hoped he'd be. It looks like he'll not live up to his draft position, which means he's a disappointment, but not really a BUST, as in, cut from the team-can't play-washout. I'm still optimistic, however, that he'll continue to improve his consistency-which is his real problem. Siavii I like a lot from what I've seen.

Chris

mcan
01-25-2005, 02:25 PM

Do you draft 5 QB's?

Yes... Don't even think about it... DO IT! Quarterbacks are a giant commodity in the NFL, and a good one can net you a future first rounder. A great one can net you players, money, draft picks, new fans, increase season ticket holders. There will always be about 15 teams in the league that need a quarterback. If you're lucky to have a good one and can get a second one you need to do it. Then you hold all the chips, and can deal with whomever you chose...

Red Dawg
01-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Our run defense was not that bad this year. Another DT would be a mistake. We need speed rusher or Corner.

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Yes... Don't even think about it... DO IT! Quarterbacks are a giant commodity in the NFL, and a good one can net you a future first rounder. A great one can net you players, money, draft picks, new fans, increase season ticket holders. There will always be about 15 teams in the league that need a quarterback. If you're lucky to have a good one and can get a second one you need to do it. Then you hold all the chips, and can deal with whomever you chose...

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've EVER heard.

Since when are drafted QB's who haven't played a down a commodity? Brett Favre fetched what - a 3rd-round pick?

Because that's what you'd have.

bkkcoh
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Sims isn't a BUST, per se, he's just not what we hoped he'd be. It looks like he'll not live up to his draft position, which means he's a disappointment, but not really a BUST, as in, cut from the team-can't play-washout. I'm still optimistic, however, that he'll continue to improve his consistency-which is his real problem. Siavii I like a lot from what I've seen.

Chris

Yeah, I wouldn't place him in the Trazelle Jenkins mold yet....

jspchief
01-25-2005, 02:56 PM
On the subject of Sims...just wanted remind everyone that the only reason we landed Sims is because of the Vikings draft blunder. Had they not screwed up, they would have drafted Sims and we would have likely settled for Kevin Williams (who has turned out to be twice the DT that Sims is):deevee::deevee:

Saulbadguy
01-25-2005, 03:02 PM
On the subject of Sims...just wanted remind everyone that the only reason we landed Sims is because of the Vikings draft blunder. Had they not screwed up, they would have drafted Sims and we would have likely settled for Kevin Williams (who has turned out to be twice the DT that Sims is):deevee::deevee:
The Vikings drafted OT McKinney IIRC. They drafted Kelvin Williams the following year.

jspchief
01-25-2005, 03:13 PM
The Vikings drafted OT McKinney IIRC. They drafted Kelvin Williams the following year.

Ya, you could be right....all those blundered Vikings drafts run together.

Big Chief Homer
01-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Didnt read all the replys but,this mock sucks.

No one ran up the middle on the chiefs this year it was strickly up over the top passing for 400 yards a game.the run defense was actually better this year.we need a cb and a line backer at all 3 positions.

This mock sucks!!!

kc rush
01-25-2005, 04:26 PM

Yeah, I hear there is a great market out there for 6th & 7th round QB's. We should probably draft some punters too.

Tribal Warfare
01-26-2005, 12:47 AM

Do you draft 5 QB's?

I'll answer this even though it's obsurd
draft them and trade during the same draft for more value picks or players. make it a buyers market

CanadaKC
01-26-2005, 01:11 AM
This new one is more like what I see happening...even with our pick...

http://www.draftace.com/mockdraft/htm

CanadaKC
01-26-2005, 01:13 AM
http://www.draftace.com/mockdraft.htm

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 08:42 AM
I'll answer this even though it's obsurd
draft them and trade during the same draft for more value picks or players. make it a buyers market

Of course, it's absurd.

I'M NOT THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED DOING IT.

"Make it a buyer's market"?

Are you retarded?

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 09:08 AM
LOL...you guys should visit sites where the staff actually watches college football...you'd be surprised. For every site where the staff is actually actively involved in closely studying college players during the year there are 10 sites that just cut & paste Kiper's crap.

This mock may not be like Kiper's and his clones--but we like it that way.

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 09:18 AM
LOL...you guys should visit sites where the staff actually watches college football...you'd be surprised. For every site where the staff is actually actively involved in closely studying college players during the year there are 10 sites that just cut & paste Kiper's crap.

This mock may not be like Kiper's and his clones--but we like it that way.

Oh pardon us...

We forgot that your site was the ONLY ONE ON THE NET where the staff actually watches the games.

Last time I checked, the people here are discussing players that THEY HAVE WATCHED PLAY.

Which means they are every bit as qualified as you...

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 09:24 AM
I didn't say the ONLY site, I said one of a very few sites. No one is saying that anybody here is unqualified to comment about players they may have watched. You are jumping to conclusions, htismage, in an effort to.......

Actually, I'm not sure what your goal is...all I'm doing is sharing information. What are you doing besides bashing other posters?

Fat Elvis
01-26-2005, 09:24 AM
http://www.draftace.com/mockdraft.htm

No way. They don't have Pollack going in the first two rounds. That ain't happening.

Chiefnj
01-26-2005, 09:35 AM
If you want a good idea of who is going to go in the top 20 picks. Look at the Senior Bowl roster and take note of who is NOT there. Braylon Edwards, Pollack, Rolle, James, Johnson. Those guys have been in touch with the draft advisory board and their agents etc., and have been told why risk an injury when you aren't going to move up any more in the boards. It is typically the borderline guys who play.

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 09:42 AM
I didn't say the ONLY site, I said one of a very few sites. No one is saying that anybody here is unqualified to comment about players they may have watched. You are jumping to conclusions, htismage, in an effort to.......

Actually, I'm not sure what your goal is...all I'm doing is sharing information. What are you doing besides bashing other posters?

You're not a "poster". Don't insult the rest of our members by trying to include yourself.

Spammer.

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 09:54 AM
You made your point, now kindly stay off my threads if you aren't interested in my information.

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 10:27 AM
You made your point, now kindly stay off my threads if you aren't interested in my information.

You're lucky you even have the ability to post, spammer.

I'll do whatever the fug I want and you'll like it.

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 10:36 AM
I had an agreement with a moderator giving free premium access to my website to three Chief's Planet posters in return for making up for my showing up the way I did. I have kept my agreement. Who are you, and what makes you think you have the right to interpose yourself in that equation???

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 10:43 AM
I had an agreement with a moderator giving free premium access to my website to three Chief's Planet posters in return for making up for my showing up the way I did. I have kept my agreement. Who are you, and what makes you think you have the right to interpose yourself in that equation???

If you would have bothered to read some the content here before shamelessly trying to pimp your site, you'd know that I'm a moderator and that we have a policy against spam.

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 10:47 AM
So where is the "spam" in this thread? I don't even have a signature anymore--even though that was part of my agreement with Phobia?

Bob Dole
01-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Who are you, and what makes you think you have the right to interpose yourself in that equation???

If it figures in to your ciphering, Bob Dole is King Shit of **** Mountain, which trumps anything htismackackackaeepeepee says.

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Who is Bod Dole, Bob? You? I thought you were a former Senator and Presidential candidate??

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 11:03 AM
P.S. I also promised Phil not to post anything that might be interpreted as "spam", and I feel I have laso been living up to that. Tell me what I have done wrong SINCE the agreement. The three CP members have had premium status at my site for over a week, and have made a few posts.

jspchief
01-26-2005, 11:07 AM
I think it's bullsh*t that a mod cut a deal with this assclown to benefit a select few posters while exposing the rest of us to his sh*tbag posts and moronic mock drafts.

Pay-offs and bribes are for fags.

CanadaKC
01-26-2005, 11:11 AM
No way. They don't have Pollack going in the first two rounds. That ain't happening ....

that's true...but I like what that mock did in the first 20 or so picks...

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 11:11 AM
jspchief,

You want an upgrade??...I'd go to great lengths to makeup for my original mistakes. I am fairly new to web BBs, and wasn't aware of the etiquette stuff.

jspchief
01-26-2005, 11:17 AM
jspchief,

You want an upgrade??...I'd go to great lengths to makeup for my original mistakes. I am fairly new to web BBs, and wasn't aware of the etiquette stuff.

No. Judging by what you've posted thus far, I wouldn't visit your site even if it caused my computer to toss my salad and made $20 bills appear under my pillow. If I want retard's opinion on the NFL draft I'll ask Jbret.

I'm simply pissed that some mod (allegedly) took a bribe (however worthless) that results in the rest of us posters being inflicted with your posts.

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Let this thread bare witness then that I am not being the antagonist in this current situation. I have made an agreement, I have kept that agreement. I've gone out of my way to be non-antagonistic. I have not cussed at anyone here or impugned anyone's character or reputation.

Our site is superior to 90% of the trash that passes as draft-related websites out there...PERIOD. Don't believe it, check us out. Don't want to?--that's fine too. My conscious is clean.

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 11:37 AM
If it figures in to your ciphering, Bob Dole is King Shit of **** Mountain, which trumps anything htismackackackaeepeepee says.

ROFL

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 11:39 AM
P.S. I also promised Phil not to post anything that might be interpreted as "spam", and I feel I have laso been living up to that. Tell me what I have done wrong SINCE the agreement. The three CP members have had premium status at my site for over a week, and have made a few posts.

I could personally give a shit less what you've done SINCE the agreement.

Maybe you should consider the way you make 1st impressions? It's gonna take alot more than what you've done to make up for the fact that you began your existence here as a simple spammer and nothing more.

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Let this thread bare witness then that I am not being the antagonist in this current situation. I have made an agreement, I have kept that agreement. I've gone out of my way to be non-antagonistic. I have not cussed at anyone here or impugned anyone's character or reputation.

Our site is superior to 90% of the trash that passes as draft-related websites out there...PERIOD. Don't believe it, check us out. Don't want to?--that's fine too. My conscious is clean.

We have "checked you out". Because you POST IT HERE.

I love how you tell us over and over how your site is better than 90% of the sites out there. You tell us how much better you are than Mel Kiper and the people that cut and paste Mel Kiper. All we hear is how "well-researched" your site is, and how you spend time "watching film".

You really ought to spend more time there and less time here. Because your mock drafts SUCK.

PatriotofMaine
01-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Methinks the moderators here need to talk more. How was I to know I couldn't take a moderator's word for what it was presented to be??

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Methinks the moderators here need to talk more. How was I to know I couldn't take a moderator's word for what it was presented to be??

We talk plenty. And we all agreed with Phobia's course of action - the "deal" he struck with you.

Regardless of whether or not you lived up to said deal, I - as a member - take offense to the way you showed up here hyping your site. That is my right and my prerogative.

It's also my right to critique your continued posting of mock drafts, not because they are spam, but because they're not very good.

Tribal Warfare
01-27-2005, 01:54 AM
Of course, it's absurd.

I'M NOT THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED DOING IT.

"Make it a buyer's market"?

Are you retarded?

How's it retarded grand liguistic one?
Get the best available athlete period, and player. If it's something we don't need trade him to a team that severely needs one and take a huge chunk of their talent who's currently on their team or exchange and get more picks. The best player possible is the only need when a team drafts at #15