PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant/Bar names

Nzoner
01-25-2005, 12:22 PM
This topic came to mind while on vacation,we were at a place and overheard one of the waitresses commenting on a new sportsbar that had opened in the area called Get Er Done and how stupid she thought the name was.

Anyhow I thought it'd be interesting to see some other names of establishments you've come across and whether they were in fact creative or just plain stupid.

A few of the ones I found creative while on vacation in Virginia Beach were...

Lunasea (a bar on the beach)
Abbey Road(a restaurant/bar filled with Beatles collectibles and live acoustic music each night)
The Jewish Mother(a restaurant and bar who had names for all their sandwiches etc with their BLT being called Mother's Gentile Son-In-Law)

Humor me,I'm bored.

Alton deFlat
01-25-2005, 12:54 PM
There's a strip joint down by Pittsburg called Woody's.

Phobia
01-25-2005, 12:57 PM
I don't know about Restaurants, but I once knew this guy named Alton deFlat. WTF is that all about?

Nzoner
01-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Making up for all that time you had to spend away from the Planet today, huh?

yep,12 days with no Planet was almost as bad as 12 days with no sex..........almost.

Phobia
01-25-2005, 12:59 PM
yep,12 days with no Planet was almost as bad as 12 days with no sex..........almost.

Nice post gochiefs.

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 01:04 PM
I've got a great name when I open my BBQ restaurant...got it from Iowanian...

siberian khatru
01-25-2005, 01:08 PM
http://media.outnow.ch/Movies/Images/1996/FromDuskTillDawn1/dvd1.film/17.jpg

Alton deFlat
01-25-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't know about Restaurants, but I once knew this guy named Alton deFlat. WTF is that all about?

What, you never heard of the Flat Earth Society?

Actually, it's kind of a play on words. As in, "out in the flat", in relation to a pass in football. Kinda weak, I know. but WTH.

Alton deFlat
01-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Are you friends with Archie F. Swin?

Yep, we went to different schools together.

Nzoner
01-25-2005, 01:14 PM
At least he's still choosing sex over the Planet.

Even after 19 years of the same homecookin' a man must have priorities.

Bob Dole
01-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Bob Dole intends to call his bar "Legends Gym."

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Well? We're waiting.

Jesus, I can't tell you that.

Why don't you just ask for my sauce recipe while you're at it?

Alton deFlat
01-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Why don't you just ask for my sauce recipe while you're at it?

Well, come on. We won't tell anybody.

Hoover
01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Here is my idea

1. Buy an old post office, the huge ones that were in the downtowns of large cities.

2. I would call it Claven's

3. The big holiday would be April 15th, come drop off your taxes at Claven's and have a drin on us, we know you will need it!

4. I would buy a few of those old retarded looking mail trucks, and chop off the back doors, and use them as cooler doors.

5. The Chicks serving drinks would wear tight gray shorts and button down short sleave shirts, with black socks.

ksushark
01-25-2005, 01:33 PM
There's a bar in Tempe called The Library.

So, you know, when you're talking to Mom and she asks how you're enjoying the college life, you can tell her you spend all your free time at The Library.

I've been there. It was definitely worth the 16 hour drive. :thumb:

Nzoner
01-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Here is my idea

1. Buy an old post office, the huge ones that were in the downtowns of large cities.

2. I would call it Claven's

3. The big holiday would be April 15th, come drop off your taxes at Claven's and have a drin on us, we know you will need it!

4. I would buy a few of those old retarded looking mail trucks, and chop off the back doors, and use them as cooler doors.

5. The Chicks serving drinks would wear tight gray shorts and button down short sleave shirts, with black socks.

I once had an idea of calling a place Fat Grahams and having a section with the selections showing how many fat grams were in the meals,however,having owned a deli before it was nothing more than an idea as you couldn't pay me enough to be in the food business again,unless of course I could have my sportsbar with it.

Rausch
01-25-2005, 01:37 PM
There's a strip joint down by Pittsburg called Woody's.

There's a bar in south east Missouri named woody's.

It is by far the filthiest, most run down, kick ass bar in I've ever seen. If you're a true drinker you have to make at least one pilgrimage there before you die...

ChiefsOne
01-25-2005, 01:57 PM
The Bearded Clam is on Tablerock lake by Branson.

ChiefsOne
01-25-2005, 01:59 PM
There's a bar in south east Missouri named woody's.

I think there was a bar in North KC named Woody's when I lived there in 91-92.

Nzoner
01-25-2005, 02:04 PM
The Bearded Clam is on Tablerock lake by Branson.

That reminded me of a seafood place we saw also in Virginia Beach called Dirty Dicks,their shirts read......

I GOT CRABS FROM DIRTY DICKS

Nzoner
01-25-2005, 02:17 PM
What's the name of that joint at Lake of the Ozarks... where you can shoot the minnow?

Slippery Dick's Halfway Inn?

I recall seeing something like that but having never been there don't know for sure,what I do know is that this restaurant talk has got me hungry,so I'm going for some Mexican.

Bob Dole
01-25-2005, 02:26 PM
I think there was a bar in North KC named Woody's when I lived there in 91-92.

Yup. they did some cool shit at Woody's. Had a ZZ Top car they'd pull thru the side door on to stage while they played air guitar and produced some funny videos (like Leary's "I'm an Asshole" that was a face painted ass shooting a big redeye for the entire song).

Alton deFlat
01-25-2005, 02:31 PM
There's a Dick's Last Resort in San Antonio. I don't know if the name refers to the rude waitresses or what.