PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a FB board, but...

nmt1
11-27-2000, 03:04 PM
Where do you think Johnny Damon is going to go and for who? I never thought it would get to the point where I'm looking foreward to baseball season DURING FB season. I still LOVE the Chiefs and will watch them religiously, however, our Royals MAY finish with a better winning percentage and should be better coached. I don't know, just a thought to get away from the monotony.

------------------
GO PITT!

Baby Lee
11-27-2000, 03:17 PM
Well, Pitt, i'm also looking forward to baseball season, although i'm a cards fan.

I would like to see the royals keep Damon, and the mariners keep A-rod. I think it would serve the game well, and keep it a little more competetive.

Damon is a fantastic player, I wouldn't be surprised if the yankees, mets, red sox, braves, etc., make a run at him. Maybe cleveland, if they lose Ramirez.

Wouldn't mind seeing with the birds on the bat.......... :)

Fat Homer
11-27-2000, 03:31 PM
Come on...forget baseball...let's talk about college B-Ball...wethere the Chiefs win or lose...this is my favorite time or year...college B-ball and NFL football...of course when the Chiefs are losing the B-ball eases my pain...when they win...it's just more gravy...

Take it to the hoop baaabyyyyy!

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Ecto-I
11-27-2000, 03:39 PM
thats what I'm screamin' 58

Throw me the rock, baby!

Idahojim
11-27-2000, 03:52 PM
That's right baaaaaaabbby...Can you say "ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK" .Still haven't figured this one out yet ? Go Hawks!

Lightning Rod
11-27-2000, 03:54 PM
As much as I enjoy the Roy-als, I am weary of another work stoppage after this next season. After Selig's testimony last week, it looks like the owners are starting to grasp the concept of revenue sharing. However, good ol' Don Fehr can single-handedly destroy baseball because he thinks that the state of baseball is just fine as it is, "...he and other union officials maintain that the game is healthy..". If there's another work stoppage 'cause of all those greedy bastages (owners & players), I'm walkin' away from baseball for a long, long time.

Check out the article at the Star:
http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/royals.pat,sports/3774efde.b21,.html

Each year, it looks more and more like college basketball (KU in particular) is one of the only true sports left to enjoy.<BR>

Baby Lee
11-27-2000, 03:58 PM
Disco,
I think you are absolutely right. This will be a VERY long work stoppage, though, unless they dump everyone and bring in replacements.

[This message has been edited by Mi_chief_fan (edited 11-27-2000).]

Lightning Rod
11-27-2000, 04:06 PM
Mcf - Replacements could make things interesting. I'll volunteer right now for the league minimum. :D<P>

nmt1
11-27-2000, 04:55 PM
Don Fehr is an idiot. He reminds me a lot of Gore. (weird analogy, yet scarily accurate.)

------------------
GO PITT!