View Full Version : Why Wait? Give Him the Chair.

CosmicPal
01-27-2005, 10:50 AM
The way I look at it- if he was going to commit suicide in the first place. what are we waiting for? Give him the death penalty, it was what he wanted to begin with- until he saw a train bearing down upon him.

Murder Charges for Suspect in Train Crash

1 hour ago Listen to Audio

By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press Writer

GLENDALE, Calif. - The suicidal man who authorities say caused the chain-reaction train derailment that killed 11 people has been charged with multiple counts of murder and could face the death penalty, the district attorney said Thursday.

Juan Manuel Alvarez, 25, left his sport utility vehicle on a railroad track Wednesday after changing his mind about committing suicide, authorities said. He was held without bail at a hospital's jail ward after apparently slitting his own wrists and stabbing himself in the chest.

Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley said prosecutors filed charges for 10 counts of murder with "special circumstances" of committing murder through a train derailment. Under state law, special circumstances allegations can make a defendant eligible for the death penalty.

Cooley said the complaint would be amended to add another count to refer to the 11th victim, found in the wreckage late Wednesday night.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

HC_Chief
01-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Screw that... take him into a small room with a drain in the floor. Put a couple of .22 rounds behind the ear. Pop Pop, fini.

Rain Man
01-27-2005, 10:54 AM
I hadn't heard about this. It's tragic that one incredibly screwed-up person "accidentally" murdered 11 innocent people. They need to put some Drano in his cell and then break the observation camera.

RNR
01-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Killing a person who wants to die :hmmm: I would rather lock him up forever and keep him on suicide watch. Let the bastard live with what he has done.

CosmicPal
01-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Killing a person who wants to die :hmmm: I would rather lock him up forever and keep him on suicide watch. Let the bastard live with what he has done.

At the expense of taxpayer's money? I don't think so. Besides, thanks to the overcrowding of non-violent criminals- we don't have any more room. They would have to release someone to make room for him.

alpha_omega
01-27-2005, 11:01 AM
stabbing himself in the chest.

What an idiot...surely there is a better way than that.

This guy deserves a lifetime of hard labor.

RNR
01-27-2005, 11:05 AM
At the expense of taxpayer's money? I don't think so. Besides, thanks to the overcrowding of non-violent criminals- we don't have any more room. They would have to release someone to make room for him.
I guess just the irony of it gets me. Him getting what he wants as punishment. Also I have read for years it costs more money to put someone to death than it does to keep them in jail for life. It is a suck deal and I have no mercy in my heart for this guy.

ROYC75
01-27-2005, 12:59 PM
This is sad, but the bottom line is anything less than death to him is unreasonable. :bang:

KcMizzou
01-27-2005, 01:02 PM
What an idiot...surely there is a better way than that.
Less painfull.. at least. If you truely want to die... you'll get the job done. There is no "attempted" suicide, IMO. There's suicide... and a cry for help.