PDA

View Full Version : A DECENT DRAFT PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gh4chiefs
11-26-2000, 09:04 PM
that is all we can play for now is a decent draft pick and see what the rookies can do??? we need to clean house SOOOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! gun is just like a woman, he cant make up his mind. run pas no run no pass no smashmouth no pass etc etc!!!!!!! i am a die-hard fan will still follow this team but something diffrenet needs to be done-SOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Dont just say it, BRINGGGGG ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

j molina
11-26-2000, 10:02 PM
Agreed wholeheartedly Cash. I say start Cloud on Monday night and run him till he can't stand to see what he really has. The next week against Carolina start Moreau to see what he has. Then against Denver start whoever did the best and keep giving him the ball for the rest of the season.

After the season, if I were Carl I would give Gun an ultimatum. Either Gun fires his the three stooges or I Gun goes. Knowing how loyal Gun is he would probably leave rather than fire his coordinators. We need to inject some new blood into the coaching staff. We need someone in the organization to realize this is necessary, just as it was in '89 when Marty was brought in and turned everything around.

As for this year's draft, I would like to see us get a top 12 pick, the way things are going this looks like it might be possible. I would like to see us draft McAllister if we find out Moreau or Cloud aren't the answer, if Moreau or Cloud show they can be the horse, then get a stud cornerback or D-lineman. Aww who am I kidding, Carl will pick some overrated guard from North Dakota State School of Technology.

gh4chiefs
11-27-2000, 12:03 AM
i agree with you as well DJAY23, we should be able to pick up drew or some stud RB there are alot that will be there come draftday but like you said we will pick some guy from computer junior college. yes we need to put a RB out there and let him get 35 to 40 carries come hell or high water and make him a back or get rid of him?? a diffrent back every other play isnt the way to go, look at the saints a rookie qb and i bet if he looked like moon today they would of went with him!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Dont just say it, BRINGGGGG ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

BigAl
11-27-2000, 09:22 AM
It appears the Chiefs will get an early round pick. Since there are no Guards or Linebackers rated that high in the draft, I see them taking either a Running Back or Defensive Tackle. This draft seems to be deep in Defensive Tackles. There are three rated in the top ten seniors coming out.

Chief Nathan
11-27-2000, 09:36 AM
Dan Morgan LB from Miami is rated very high and looks like a monster...I think there is a lot of depth at RB this year in the draft. So I think we can get 1st round talent in the 2nd at that spot....I want Morgan from Miami as my 1st priority and if he is gone then Tom Polley(LB)FSU would be my 2nd choice. GAWD WE SUCK....

BigAl
11-27-2000, 09:47 AM
jl80,

Dan Morgan is one of the better Linebackers that will be available in this years draft. However, there are mixed reviews on him. Some rag sheets have him rated behind Polley(FSU), Carlos Polk(Neb), and Markus Steele(USC). He's good, but is he worth a top ten pick? I think there should be no doubts about a top ten pick coming in and starting.

Chief Nathan
11-27-2000, 10:02 AM
DeepSouth,

He has really impressed me, has has 4.5 speed and very instintive. One of the better scouting services on the web, Stevenson's(draftnotes.com) has him going 8th overall based on their updated mock draft.

BigAl
11-27-2000, 10:09 AM
jl80, If he's that good, I'd never argue spending a top ten pick on him.

KCfanAHaz
11-27-2000, 10:15 AM
Here is my formula for draft order I think it will be reasonably accurate.

Start with last years pick as a base:
We drafted #21 witha a 9-7 record.

So as it stands now if we win all of our remaining games we will draft 21 again.
For every game the Chiefs lose we pick up 3 positions.

9-7 = #21 win all 4
8-8 = #18 loose one more
7-9 = #15 split remaining
6-10 = #12 win one only
5-11 = #9 loose all 4

So you see a top ten Draft pick will require us to loose all remaining games.

Chief Nathan
11-27-2000, 10:20 AM
I think their is enough 1st round talent at RB that a couple of them will fall to us in the second round...On the surface that would be ideal, however the real problem with that is not the player but the politics that result from management. Lets say we draft Travis Henry in the 1st round and he struggles for a few weeks...Because of the high draft pick and the large money that he would have been given, they will let him play through the bad games until he finds his rhythm. If he is a 2nd rounder and struggles out of the gates he gets pulled and most likely never gets another chance. On the surface you would prefer to get a top notch RB in the 2nd round but as history has shown us, our coaches and management won't give any one a chance to be the guy unless they have financial reasons to do so...

Fat Homer
11-27-2000, 10:21 AM
A decent draft pick and an easier schedule...no excuses for our losses of course but we had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL...tougher than the Divisionn winners of last year...of course, if we play like we did yesterday, we could play the Bungles 16 times and finish 8-8

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

BigAl
11-27-2000, 02:00 PM
If the draft were today;

SAN DIEGO 1 11
CINCINNATI 2 10
NEW ENGLAND 3 9
CHICAGO 3 9
ARIZONA 3 9
CLEVELAND 3 10
ATLANTA 3 10
SEATTLE 4 8
DALLAS 4 8
SAN FRANCISCO 4 8
CAROLINA 4 7
JACKSONVILLE 5 7
KANSAS CITY 5 7
GREEN BAY 5 6 <BR>

Fat Homer
11-27-2000, 02:05 PM
Here's a question...if the Chiefs choose to draft a quality RB...does he play?...Gun did show he was willing to play rookies...so if he's the Coach...proably...

mlyonsd
11-27-2000, 02:14 PM
Wow... Seattle will hold 2 top 10 picks.

jl80.... If Michael Bennett (Wisc) comes out early... grab him... he'll be a better pro than Duece, Jordan, et...

Saw him play Saturday, very good instincts.

Chief Nathan
11-28-2000, 07:49 AM
Flyin' Hawaiian,

I have to agree, I like him a lot. That SOB can flat out fly....I was saying the same thing in here earlier in the year and some so called "expert" was telling me I was crazy and that the cement footed Anthony Thomas would be a much better back.