PDA

View Full Version : Pauly Shore is Dead?

NewChief
01-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Anyone seen this movie yet? I saw it at Hastings yesterday when I was renting, and it looked like it might be pretty interesting.

Picked up that Metallica documentary as well as Riding Monsters (I think that's the name), the Laird Hamilton big wave surf documentary.

Trying to pick up DiG and Devil's Playground, but no luck so far.

NewChief
01-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Crap. Wrong forum.

NewChief
01-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Anyone seen this movie yet? I saw it at Hastings yesterday when I was renting, and it looked like it might be pretty interesting.

Picked up that Metallica documentary as well as Riding Monsters (I think that's the name), the Laird Hamilton big wave surf documentary.

Trying to pick up DiG and Devil's Playground, but no luck so far.

cadmonkey
01-28-2005, 01:21 PM
I heard its pretty funny. Tons of cameos, most of which were filmed on the fly. They would see someone on the side of the road that they wanted in the movie and they would film it right then and there

Phobia
01-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Why would anybody intentionally watch Pauly Shore for longer than it takes to grab the remote and press ^?

cadmonkey
01-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Why would anybody intentionally watch Pauly Shore for longer than it takes to grab the remote and press ^?

because I am usually f*cked up and being f*cked up make Pauly Shore Funny

HC_Chief
01-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Nothing makes 'Pauly Shore funny'.

NewChief
01-28-2005, 01:30 PM

Because I don't think he's in the movie much. Evidently the whole movie is them going up to people (many of them celebrities) and informing them that Pauly Shore has died then filming their reactions.

Loki
01-28-2005, 01:31 PM

phobia,

would you rather watch a pauly shore movie for 2hrs or listen to
indian pop music for 2hrs?

:p

teedubya
01-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Pauly Shore has quite a few hilarious stand up bits... I bought a cd in 1991, and it was one of the most funniest Standup routines I had heard ... keggers and fat chicks... oh man. I wish i still had that CD.

Phobia
01-28-2005, 01:46 PM
phobia,

would you rather watch a pauly shore movie for 2hrs or listen to
indian pop music for 2hrs?

:p

Is this question designed to determine if I'm suicidal? No, I'm not. I would simply eliminate the source of either.

jspchief
01-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Pauly Shore has quite a few hilarious stand up bits... I bought a cd in 1991, and it was one of the most funniest Standup routines I had heard ... keggers and fat chicks... oh man. I wish i still had that CD.

Agreed. His stand up was actually very funny before he became so played out.

It kind reminds me of the Bob Saget stand-up routine that I saw. It was nothing liek you'd expect. Pretty funny and laced with profanity and adult subject matter. It's like he was trying to undo the damage from all those years of lame jokes on AFV.

jspchief
01-28-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm no Bob Saget historian, but I would've assumed his standup career pre-dated AFHV.
I'm sure it did. Seinfeld's stand-up career came before TV too. That doesn't mean he hasn't done any since. I saw him in a comedy club post AFV.

(and that wasn't an attempt to put Saget in the same league as Seinfeld)

Loki
01-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Is this question designed to determine if I'm suicidal? No, I'm not. I would simply eliminate the source of either.

heh... no, nothing to do with suicidal, just curious what you think is
worse.

you gotta pick one.

ps: i would rather watch pauly shore...

Ultra Peanut
01-28-2005, 04:21 PM
An unattractive prospect. While researching for the role I ran computer simulations demonstrating incontrovertibly that the whole bio-enclosure concept is fundamentally flawed; be it expressed via dome, sphere, cube, or even the stately tetrahedron... buuuuuuuuuddy!

Ultra Peanut
01-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Agreed. His stand up was actually very funny before he became so played out.

It kind reminds me of the Bob Saget stand-up routine that I saw. It was nothing liek you'd expect. Pretty funny and laced with profanity and adult subject matter. It's like he was trying to undo the damage from all those years of lame jokes on AFV.I haven't seen his standup, but his small role in Half-Baked was great.

tk13
01-28-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm no Bob Saget historian, but I would've assumed his standup career pre-dated AFHV.
I'm pretty sure it did. As leaders of the Bob Saget comedy fan club, we need to get to the bottom of this ENDelt.

Phobia
01-28-2005, 05:09 PM
heh... no, nothing to do with suicidal, just curious what you think is
worse.

you gotta pick one.

ps: i would rather watch pauly shore...

Okay, you got me. If I had to choose between 2 hours of indian "music" and a Pauly Shore movie, I'll watch Pauly Shore.