PDA

View Full Version : What is Your "Secret" Hangover Remedy?

nychief
01-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Everybody has one...
I am wondering what your secret or not so secret hangover remedy is?
For me? A good burger and bloody mary.

Phobia
01-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Water. Crazy, huh?

Mr. Laz
01-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Water. Crazy, huh?
yep ... tons of water

before you go to bed and 1st thing when you wake up

also like to chug a can of coke ... the carbonation tends to "ignite" the buzz again. :thumb:

Psyko Tek
01-29-2005, 12:05 PM
More Beer

stumppy
01-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Red beer and/or Bloody Marys'.

Eleazar
01-29-2005, 12:26 PM
I used to always go to the union and drink about a gallon of powerade.

teedubya
01-29-2005, 12:29 PM
well, I drink Crown Royal and Water, so I never have hangovers. :thumb:

Mr. Laz
01-29-2005, 12:31 PM

because your drinking the secret remedy(water) the entire time your boozing it up.

it's all about hydration

FloridaChief
01-29-2005, 12:55 PM

Give this idiot some rep!

BIG_DADDY
01-29-2005, 01:25 PM
I drink quality spirits so I rarely get a hangover but in the event I get stupid I eat a bowl of menudo with two beers and take a couple vicodin.

unlurking
01-29-2005, 01:28 PM
eggs with runny yolk

over easy or sunny side up are great.

chiefs4me
01-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Don't Drink,,ROFL

KcMizzou
01-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Don't Drink,,ROFL
Yeah.... right.

Crazy talk. :shake:

Vegas_Dave
01-29-2005, 02:38 PM
2 Fresh Jumbo Jack's with Cheese from Jack in the Box and one of the large bottles of Orange Gatorade.

Ever since I figured out that combo, I have NEVER again had a hangover!

Rausch
01-29-2005, 02:42 PM
1 multivitamin when going to bed, along with 2 excedrin PM's....get up, take another multivitamin and 2 excedrin migraine before the steaming hot shower...

By the time I'm at school/work, I'm fine...

Baby Lee
01-29-2005, 02:45 PM
1 multivitamin when going to bed, along with 2 excedrin PM's....get up, take another multivitamin and 2 excedrin migraine before the steaming hot shower...

Seems like I heard that the Ibufrofen in Excedrin interacts with the alcohol to fug your liver up big time. Might want to rethink that one.

Rausch
01-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Seems like I heard that the Ibufrofen in Excedrin interacts with the alcohol to fug your liver up big time. Might want to rethink that one.

You do it too much it can lead to liver failure. I'm pretty sure asprin does the same.

Obviously, not something you want to use if you're, say, Endelt. I wouldn't do it every weekend...

Baby Lee
01-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Son of a bitch... is that blood on my finger? Where the hell did that come from?
Hope you weren't scratching your azzcrack. That might dredge up some painful memories.

Rausch
01-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Excedrin has ibuprofen? I thought it was aspirin.

Besides.... I think whatever effect on the liver you're talking about is probably a rounding error on Rausch's at this point.

As to the topic at hand. A combination of, uh, smoke... and Starbucks is helping me through my morning, er, afternoon at the moment.

I'd say it's gonna be a long day... if it wasn't already almost two.

Son of a bitch... is that blood on my finger? Where the hell did that come from?

Excedrin has acetaminophen (250 mg) and Aspirin (250 mg) in it.

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Excedrin has ibuprofen? I thought it was aspirin.

Besides.... I think whatever effect on the liver you're talking about is probably a rounding error on Rausch's at this point.

As to the topic at hand. A combination of, uh, smoke... and Starbucks is helping me through my morning, er, afternoon at the moment.

I'd say it's gonna be a long day... if it wasn't already almost two.

Dunno. Where have you had that finger?

Baby Lee
01-29-2005, 02:58 PM
P98-31 FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Susan M. Cruzan: 301-827-6242
October 21, 1998
Consumer Inquiries: 800-532-4440

FDA ANNOUNCES NEW ALCOHOL WARNINGS FOR PAIN RELIEVERS AND FEVER REDUCERS
The Food and Drug Administration announced today that all over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers and fever reducers must carry a warning label advising people who consume three or more alcoholic drinks every day to consult their doctors before using these drugs.
This announcement is based on a final rule, which is on display today in the Federal Register, requiring manufacturers to add this warning to the labeling within six months for OTC products and combination products intended for adult use that contain aspirin, other salicylates, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen sodium, or ketoprofen.

FDA is issuing this final rule after considering public comments and data on the effect of combining chronic alcohol ingestion and the use of various OTC analgesics. The action also follows the recommendations of the Nonprescription Drugs Advisory Committee and the Arthritis Drugs Advisory Committee which concluded that chronic alcohol users should be warned that they may be at an increased risk of liver damage or stomach bleeding from use of these drugs.

Today's comprehensive action provides for an alcohol warning on all OTC pain relievers and fever reducers intended for adult use and may help prevent serious side effects in people who consume three or more alcoholic drinks every day.

The specific warnings concerning "liver damage" and "stomach bleeding" are being required because the agency believes that consumers with a history of chronic alcohol use need to know the potential risk that use of OTC analgesic and antipyretic (fever reducing) drug products may pose to them.

"Consumers need to know that chronic use of alcohol while taking pain relievers or fever reducers can be hazardous to their health. FDA urges people with a history of alcohol use to seek a doctor's advice about their risk of side effects before taking these medications," said Dr. Michael A. Friedman, Acting FDA Commissioner.

FDA's final rule, includes the following specific warnings:

Acetaminophen: "Alcohol Warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage."
Aspirin, carbaspirin calcium, choline salicylate, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, magnesium salicylate, naproxen sodium and sodium salicylate: "Alcohol Warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take [ingredient] or other pain relievers/fever reducers. [Ingredient] may cause stomach bleeding."
Combination of acetaminophen with other analgesic/antipyretic ingredients: "Alcohol Warning" "If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take [insert ingredients] or other pain relievers/fever reducers. [Insert ingredients] may cause liver damage and stomach bleeding.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration report, "Preliminary Results from the l997 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse," about 11 million Americans are heavy drinkers. These people, therefore, are at risk of the serious side effects that may be posed by the combination of heavy alcohol use and analgesics or antipyretics labeled for OTC adult use.

New OTC pain relievers and fever reducers approved for OTC adult use since 1993 have already been required to carry a warning for heavy alcohol users. However, labeling to indicate the specific risk associated with each ingredient has not been required. Products previously required to include an alcohol warning in their labeling include Aleve (naproxyn sodium), Orudis KT and Actron (ketoprofen), Advil Liquigels (solubilized ibuprofen), and Tylenol Extended Release (acetominophen). These products will also be subject to the new rule.

BIG_DADDY
01-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Vicodin baby, it's the only way to go.

stumppy
01-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Almost forgot, BD's post reminded me. Percocet, or any of the opiod scripts will do.:D

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Is that prescription?

Rausch
01-29-2005, 03:06 PM

Like I need another expensive habbit...

BIG_DADDY
01-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Is that prescription?

Yea, I still have some left over from the last nasty fall off the dirt bike.

BIG_DADDY
01-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Like I need another expensive habbit...

Well you can't have a habit you have to save them for the times that count like hangovers.

OldTownChief
01-29-2005, 03:16 PM
You really should check for a string hanging out of her before you stick your finger in there.

BIG_DADDY
01-29-2005, 03:17 PM
I used to take 'em to go to sleep. Couple vicodin and a few beers makes for a good night's rest.

I am about out I guess I gotta go get in another wreck.

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I used to take 'em to go to sleep. Couple vicodin and a few beers makes for a good night's rest.
Where do you get them?

the Talking Can
01-29-2005, 03:28 PM
sex....it cures everything

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 03:31 PM
I had a prescription after the surgery on my ankle back in 2003. I haven't had any for a long time. I don't keep 'em around on a regular basis or anything.

If I wanted to I could just run down to Mexico and buy some.
Is it legal to bring them in the US?

HemiEd
01-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Everybody has one...
I am wondering what your secret or not so secret hangover remedy is?
For me? A good burger and bloody mary.

I learned the hard way, Lazerous is correct, lots of water. In fact I always get up in the middle of the night and gulp down a couple of glasses and the hangovers are gone........

BIG_DADDY
01-29-2005, 03:38 PM
I had a prescription after the surgery on my ankle back in 2003. I haven't had any for a long time. I don't keep 'em around on a regular basis or anything.

If I wanted to I could just run down to Mexico and buy some.

I did that once with percodan. I threw a sunflower seed shell out my window when I was about to come over the boarder. This freaking retard started screaming at me and searched the car, he just didn't find it. That fvc king asshole scared the hell out of me.

Calcountry
01-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Time, water, and aspirin. A brisk walk will help move the blood through the liver, spleen and kidneys too.

BIG_DADDY
01-29-2005, 03:48 PM
If I were to do something like that I'd just walk across the border.

I wouldn't go by myself, tho. A white dude walking across the border by himself is apparently really f*cking suspicious. Last two times I did it I got all kinds of hassle. Luckily I wasn't carrying anything but a hangover and some fuzzy memories.

Some of those guys at the boarder patrol should be shot, what a bunch of azzholes.

Calcountry
01-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Almost forgot, BD's post reminded me. Percocet, or any of the opiod scripts will do.:DWhat about Lortabs?

BIG_DADDY
01-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Steps are really simple:
1. You need a beer or 2 to help the liver break down toxins and clean itself. (Don't ask me how that works my doctor told me that)
2. You have to rehydrate so drink lots of water.
3. Vicodin or the like for pain.
4. Chicken soup or the like preferable fatty to rehydrate, give you some nutrition and sop up whatever is in your stomach. That's why fatty foods work so good on hangovers. Fatty soups are ideal that's why I go with menudo.

A 30 minute nap after all this is recommended too.

Calcountry
01-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Steps are really simple:
1. You need a beer or 2 to help the liver break down toxins and clean itself. (Don't ask me how that works my doctor told me that)
2. You have to rehydrate so drink lots of water.
3. Vicodin or the like for pain.
4. Chicken soup or the like preferable fatty to rehydrate, give you some nutrition and sop up whatever is in your stomach. That's why fatty foods work so good on hangovers. Fatty soups are ideal that's why I go with menudo.

A 30 minute nap after all this is recommended too.No wonder 2 Quarterpounders with Cheese and supersize fries tastes so fuggin good after a drinking binge.

BIG_DADDY
01-29-2005, 04:21 PM
No wonder 2 Quarterpounders with Cheese and supersize fries tastes so fuggin good after a drinking binge.

It's really a shame I know this so well.

Calcountry
01-29-2005, 04:25 PM
It's really a shame I know this so well.BTW, the workout schedule has been going great.

Yesterday we worked the Chest and I did 2 plates, with good form 8 reps.

CosmicPal
01-29-2005, 05:01 PM
It depends on the hangover for me.

Type 1 Hangover:

Water and ibuprofen

Type 2 hangover:

Water, ibuprofen, Gatorade

Type 3 hangover:

Water, ibuprofen, Gatorade, Vitamin C, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Vitamin E

Type 4 Hangover:

All of the above, and an omelet with Green Chili

Type 5 Hangover:

All of the above, major breakfast, and a couple of glasses of Bloody Mary's.

The Hangover of Death:

All of the above and sleep all freakin day

jAZ
01-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Before going to bed:
1) drink a large glass of water
2) eat a slice or two of bread
3) take two asprin
4) leave a full bottle of water next to the bed

If you wake still a little hung over, get up and go play basketball, then come back, take a shower and go back to sleep for an hour.

You'll be fine after the nap.

FloridaChief
01-29-2005, 09:14 PM
3) take two asprin

WRONG!!! NEVER take aspirin when you have alcohol in your stomach. The two work concurrently to break down the stomach wall.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Been drunk 3 times...all 3 times I drank a large glass of ice water before bed...in the morning I was A-OK.

nychief
01-30-2005, 05:50 AM

you have more access to the vicodin then me...

nychief
01-30-2005, 05:51 AM
Well, except herpes.
ROFL

nychief
01-30-2005, 05:52 AM
I just want to thank you guys... this is a great thread, IMO.

nychief
01-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Okay, this is my fourth in a row. But how about a TERRIBLE HANGOVER.... When you have gone too far..

FloridaChief
01-30-2005, 06:01 AM
Okay, this is my fourth in a row. But how about a TERRIBLE HANGOVER.... When you have gone too far..

What the hell? Are you mainlining alcohol into your veins? Yeah, the 1st most basic cure for a bad hangover is not acting like a total moron in the first place. And you're getting this advice from a solid citizen and a hardcore drinker...

jAZ
01-30-2005, 10:02 AM
WRONG!!! NEVER take aspirin when you have alcohol in your stomach. The two work concurrently to break down the stomach wall.
I meant that in the generic sense... I also think you aren't supposed to take excedrine when you are drinking ... or maybe it's tylenol.

HC_Chief
01-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Fresh Cilantro. Preferably in salsa.... works great. :thumb:

Rausch
01-30-2005, 11:15 AM

Genius!

It's not the alcohol that ruins my liver and stomach, it's the pain killers!

jspchief
01-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I can't believe no one has suggested Chasers. They are hangover pills sold at GNC. I think they work pretty well. Occasionally I'll slam some pedialite before bed too.

stumppy
01-30-2005, 12:59 PM
What about Lortabs?

Uh.....I'm gonna go with a yes on this one. :D

NewChief
01-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Emergen-C
I absolutely guarantee this stuff to work. It's not only good for hangovers, it's excellent for a recovery drink after workouts or exercise. I use it on long runs as well. It's amazing stuff, honestly. I got turned on to it while detassling corn in Iowa. We all used it to keep on powering through the day when we were bone tired.

http://www.performancenutritionals.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ALA000&source=google

You can find it at most health food stores as well.

Oh, and lots of water.

Really, though, I drink pretty heavily at times, but I hardly ever have unmanageable hangovers from alcohol. I think that some of the narcotic excesses of my youth raised my tolerance for hangover beyond the threshold which alcohol alone can take me to.

Baby Lee
01-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Gah.
ROFL ROFL - that was exactly what I thought you'd say.

Vile Weed!!!!!

CosmicPal
01-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Emergen-C

I have a whole carton of this stuff in powdered form. You mix it into water, but it tastes nasty. Tastes like sour lemonade. It does work though.

But, I really don't see the difference between drinking this, and just taking a 1000MG tablet of Vitamin C with a Multivitamin. At least in the pill form, I didn't have to suffer the nasty taste.

NewChief
01-30-2005, 03:13 PM
I have a whole carton of this stuff in powdered form. You mix it into water, but it tastes nasty. Tastes like sour lemonade. It does work though.

But, I really don't see the difference between drinking this, and just taking a 1000MG tablet of Vitamin C with a Multivitamin. At least in the pill form, I didn't have to suffer the nasty taste.

It gets there a lot faster, for one thing (just like BC powder). I don't think it tastes bad, either. There's a ton of different flavors. The real secret, to me, is to mix it really strong. Mix the powder with about a shot of water, then just shoot the thing.

BroWhippendiddle
01-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Don't have a hangover.

Be responsible and only drink 2-3 beers during an evening.

You can still enjoy your beer and not get drunk.

Otherwise suffer the consequences of your actions.

|Zach|
01-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Don't have a hangover.

Be responsible and only drink 2-3 beers during an evening.

You can still enjoy your beer and not get drunk.

Otherwise suffer the consequences of your actions.
Believe him. He is an expert on self discipline. ROFL

BroWhippendiddle
01-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Believe him. He is an expert on self discipline. ROFL

I may be obnoxious on the internet, but I have full control of my habits that can cause hangovers.

I've never had a hangover. I've never been picked up for DUI.

BTW, you don't need disipline to be on the BB's on the internet, you just need the computer and keyboard. I've never attempted to be PC here, why should I?

This is a place for fun. How many times have people gotten so pissed off at someone because of differing opinions? Plenty.

Self discipline? Who needs it here?