PDA

View Full Version : Big Game...

Moon§hiner
09-13-2000, 11:36 AM
I know every game is big. But the Chiefs must win Sunday. KC needs start out quick and get the crowd into the game. KC needs to get their running game going. I don`t know which back,but let him get 15-20 carries. I know its frustrating as a KC fan now,but the season is not over. We need a good strong game running,passing,special teams and defense. Chiefs just need a WIN. GO CHIEFS!!

Raiderhater
09-13-2000, 11:39 AM
KC has found ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory all year. We have no running game to get going. We have no consistent offensive philosphy. When the defense is successful at stopping the other team we suddenly go into a passive mode of defense.

Against the Chargers D, the name of the game should be pass to set up the run. Patterns over the middle and stretch the defense. If we start playing musical RB's and running on 1st and 2nd down only to punt, we might wind up putting up a donut at home.

redbrian
09-13-2000, 11:40 AM
My, how far the Chiefs have fallen. Now a game vs. SD is actually a "must win", and there's actually some real concern about an upset.

Normally, playing SD is almost like a bye week, barely a blip on our radar. Now, it's an event. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Lurker Brett
09-13-2000, 11:42 AM
No team (my opinion) can establish the run when the opposition consistently lines 8-9 guys up on the line and challenges you to do it, only to have you try.

Nobody, not even the lofty Donks. Don't care what you say.

We have the talent to establish the passing game which I think would open up the running game.

I'd like to see only about 20-22 runs this week with one RB getting 18-20 of those carries.

shakesthecat
09-13-2000, 11:58 AM
Gunther will probably start Anders at RB, and Cloud at FB. He doesn't have a clue either. Or maybe bring Carlton Gray over from the defense, he sure as hell isn't doing anything on the other side. I thought it said something last week, when, with Hasty out, and in the nickel, we had Bartee and Dennis in there. Nice FA move.

htismaqe
09-13-2000, 12:16 PM
A relevant snippet from the Bob Dole-Gunther Cunningham interview conducted via telephone 9/12/2000.

Q: Will Mike Cloud be a starter against San Diego this Sunday?

A: Mike Cloud is on our roster. You'll see Cloud. Above Arrowhead, where we play our home games when we're not playing on the road at some other stadium, we'll also see many Clouds. I have 3 computers in my office and I'm currently using one to develop general circulation models for understanding the interactive three-dimensional radiative-dynamical-chemical-hydrological structure of the climate system from the surface and troposphere to the upper stratosphere and mesosphere on various time and space scales. That should build toughness.<P>

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2000, 12:34 PM
Morphius thinks that Bob Dole needs to put the acid down and step away from the keyboard...

Morphius
<font size=-2>...even though I find it funny</font>

ddpatterson
09-13-2000, 12:35 PM
If the Chiefs open up the game against SD trying to establish the run, against one of the best run defenses in the league, who'll be stacking the lne to stop the run, this game is lost.
WithMagoo and Moe running the show, we're bound to see the Chiefs come out and try to establish the run.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.

[This message has been edited by milkman (edited 09-13-2000).]

htismaqe
09-13-2000, 05:32 PM
As far as Bob Dole is concerned, we ought to run our first play out of the shotgun with a 4 reciever set and continue to light 'em up all d@mned day.

(The acid hasn't worn of yet, Morph.)

AustinChief
09-13-2000, 05:49 PM
[Copy for the KC Star Sports Page Post Game Summary]

After a bloody defensive battle in the first half, San Diego led 3-0 on a field goal by Junior Seau.

After the second half kickoff to San Diego, the Chiefs will score an interception by Donnie Edwards, giving KC a 7-3 lead with 1 quarter of play to go.

KC, confident the defense can "prevent" any further scoring on San Diego's part, gets cocky and boisterous about their robust 4 point lead.

Suddenly, Jimmy Raye runs out onto the field in full Chiefs regalia, replacing James Hasty. Jimmy Raye calls for a 9 man front and positions the linebackers and corners as halfbacks, running backs and wide receivers. He barks order to the defense, while the defense looks at Gun, who is busy trying to stay awake.

Ryan Leaf, in disbelief, takes the ball and throws a crossing pattern. JR is hammered by the two receivers, one of whom catches the ball and scores the winning touchdown with 30 seconds left in the game.

San Diego goes home to happy, though disbelieving fans, while KC goes home just disbelieving.

Gun, in post game remarks, detailed the valiant effort of JR to keep San Diego guessing.

[End Copy]

<BR>

htismaqe
09-13-2000, 06:06 PM
Bob Dole tried that last year as "The Swami," Fly, and lost steam after week one. Too darned much trouble to produce on demand.

And KC wouldn't go home. they'd all shoot themselves in the head in the parking lot.<BR>