PDA

View Full Version : Who was worse?

Hammock Parties
01-29-2005, 08:40 PM
I didn't know that much about football when Hackett was here so by default I chose Raye.

FloridaChief
01-29-2005, 08:44 PM
I didn't know that much about football when Hackett was here so by default I chose Raye.

Apparently you still don't know much about football...

Hammock Parties
01-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Apparently you still don't know much about football...

Shut up.

FloridaChief
01-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Shut up.

Review tapes of our '95 playoff loss and get back to me, boy...

tk13
01-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Hackett had the #1 defense in the league, twice, and we couldn't win a playoff game....

FloridaChief
01-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Hackett had the #1 defense in the league, twice, and we couldn't win a playoff game....

Game, set & match. I'll never forget Marcus jumping up and down on the sidelines screaming to go back in...

F*ck Paul Hackett. I hope he and his whole family burn in Hell for all eternity...

Hammock Parties
01-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Review tapes of our '95 playoff loss and get back to me, boy...

I am sure if I re-watched old Chiefs games with the knowledge I have now I would be equally incensed.

I do remember us throwing the ball needlessly when all we had to do was hand it off.

whoman69
01-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Raye followed up a year in which we were #1 in the league in rushing but couldn't throw to save our lives, and followed it up with a year in which we were near the top in passing but 31st in rushing. He actually guided a game in which the defense forced 7 turnovers and we lost.

cdcox
01-29-2005, 11:30 PM
I just can't figure out how we managed to have BOTH of the worst offensive minids in the last 20 years coordinate our offenses.

Oh, wait a minute,yes I can....

Dammit, Carl!!!! :cuss:

FloridaChief
01-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Raye followed up a year in which we were #1 in the league in rushing but couldn't throw to save our lives, and followed it up with a year in which we were near the top in passing but 31st in rushing. He actually guided a game in which the defense forced 7 turnovers and we lost.

And Hackett (F*ck his soul) took the most powerful running game in the NFL and tried to turn it into a passing offense in bad weather w/ a QB with a bad finger....

FloridaChief
01-29-2005, 11:32 PM
I just can't figure out how we managed to have BOTH of the worst offensive minids in the last 20 years coordinate our offenses.

Oh, wait a minute,yes I can....

Dammit, Carl!!!! :cuss:

Yes. That's ultimately Peterson's biggest failure...

go bo
01-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Yes. That's ultimately Peterson's biggest failure...i dunno...

ol' carl's had so many failures, it's hard to say which one is the biggest...

FloridaChief
01-29-2005, 11:51 PM
i dunno...

ol' carl's had so many failures, it's hard to say which one is the biggest...

Can you name a bigger one, go bo? Cuz I can't....

milkman
01-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Can you name a bigger one, go bo? Cuz I can't....

How about 16 years at the position, and never reaching the SB.

That is without question his biggest failure.

milkman
01-29-2005, 11:55 PM
As for this poll, how can one begin to judge the level of pathetic of one vs. the other.

It was years of pathetic offense.

And let us not forget Joe Pendry, who preceded them.
He was equally pathetic.

FloridaChief
01-29-2005, 11:56 PM

You're talking about the disease. I'm discussing the symptomology...

milkman
01-30-2005, 12:04 AM
You're talking about the disease. I'm discussing the symptomology...

Ok, then how about hiring Marty, an overly conservative coach, especially in the playoffs.
Then Gun, who clearly had no business being the head guy.

Then Dickhead, who apparently can no longer distinguish between effort and production.

FloridaChief
01-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Ok, then how about hiring Marty, an overly conservative coach, especially in the playoffs.
Then Gun, who clearly had no business being the head guy.

Then Dickhead, who apparently can no longer distinguish between effort and production.

Whatever else can be said, Schottenheimer had a record for winning games. I don't blame Carl for hiring him. Anyone can "Blah, blah, blah..." about post-season records, but Marty was a proven winner, at least in the regular season. I can't hate Carl for hiring him. Better than Mackovick, at least...

Gun was, obviously over his head as HC. Peterson deserves the blame for this.

Vermeil? I just know what to think about him. He *did* take the Rams to a SB victory. Once upon a time I had a lotta respect for him. Now....

Rain Man
01-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Anyone who didn't vote for Hackett is wrong. Hackett is the Hitler of football. Hackett is the snake in the Garden of Eden. Hackett is the drunk Raiders fan two rows down at Arrowhead. Hackett is Lin Elliott's mentor. Hackett is the guy who fired the machine guns at My Lai. Hackett is the Grinch, but without the cute dog. Hacket is pure unadulterated evil taken straight without ice. Hackett is the guy who is killing all those women in Juarez. Hackett should be Dr. Kevorkian's next mission.

Deberg_1990
01-30-2005, 03:23 PM
And let us not forget Joe Pendry, who preceded them.
He was equally pathetic.

Pendry I belive was the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator last year when they went to the Super Bowl. Every dog has his day....

Deberg_1990
01-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Pendry I belive was the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator last year when they went to the Super Bowl. Every dog has his day....

nope..i take that back. it was dan henning

BigMeatballDave
01-30-2005, 03:28 PM
I think they both suck, equally. I voted for Raye, because I thinks it stoopid to have an 'e' at the end...

BroWhippendiddle
01-30-2005, 03:40 PM

It seems to me that we had several years worth of GM's from 1972 to 1988 that had worse records and never got to the playoffs but once.

Carl Peterson brought respectability of a sort back to KC. The fact that we haven't gone to a SB in his years has as much to do with him as it does the fact that we have several coaches on this BB that couldn't do any better. (At least that's what we would all think from the "coaching decisions" made here over the past 2-3 years.)

It's amazing how smart we all are as we sit at our computers and second guess those getting paid to do a job. If you could do better it's past time you got off your ass and talked to Lamar (or some other owner) and give them the vision!!!