PDA

View Full Version : KSU BREAKS 20 YEAR LOSING SKID !!!!!....

WilliamTheIrish
01-29-2005, 10:03 PM
..in Columbia.....

Thanks Wooly. I didn't think you could do it!!!!

Down 14-2 to start the game and 40 28 with 15:00 to play, KSU rides J Massey's 15 second half points to a 64-53 win in Columbia.

PastorMikH
01-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Congrats KSU fans. :clap:

The Tigers couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag this year. If the NCAA had restricted them from post season play, it wouldn't have mattered.

:sulk:

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Great job, Kittens.

the Talking Can
01-29-2005, 10:07 PM
congrats....I love it when MU chokes

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Congrats KSU fans. :clap:

The Tigers couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag this year. If the NCAA had restricted them from post season play, it wouldn't have mattered.

:sulk:
Wouldn't have last year either. Or the year before that or the year before that or the year before that. Well, you get the idea.

WilliamTheIrish
They showed a graphic that the MUT's lead the all time series in Columbia 59-39.

I remember KSU's last win there. Darrell Winston was our coach cause Jack Hartman had a heart attack and was recovering.
First round of the post season tourney, when the BIg 8 played the 1st round at the campus.

Mr. Laz
any moo loss is a good loss

congrats

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 10:14 PM
They showed a graphic that the MUT's lead the all time series in Columbia 59-39.

I remember KSU's last win there. Darrell Winston was our coach cause Jack Hartman had a heart attack and was recovering.
First round of the post season tourney, when the BIg 8 played the 1st round at the campus.
I know Jack Hartman's grandma.

KcMizzou
01-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Good lord. :shake:

I completely forgot about the game... I guess it's a good thing I did. Congrats to all you KSU fans. It's a tough time to be a tiger fan.

MikeTheWildcat
01-29-2005, 11:19 PM
GREAT JOB CATS! :clap:

GO STATE!!! :ksu:

Saulbadguy
01-29-2005, 11:21 PM
SWEEP!
Just like Football...er...just like 2 weeks ago! Man...it should be an ALL-STATE ALL-SPORT SWEEP of the tiggers this year..I LOVE IT!

:ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

PastorMikH
01-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Good lord. :shake:

I completely forgot about the game...

Yeah, so did our team.:banghead:

Dave Lane
01-30-2005, 12:04 AM
congrats....I love it when MU chokes

Then this year you gotta have alot of love! ROFL ROFL

Dave

OmahaChief
01-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks K-State! That is one lose closer for us MU alum and fans to never having to see Qlose Snyder on the MU bench again. That ahole can't get out of town soon enough. Eff him.

KcMizzou
01-30-2005, 02:51 AM
SWEEP!
Just like Football...er...just like 2 weeks ago! Man...it should be an ALL-STATE ALL-SPORT SWEEP of the tiggers this year..I LOVE IT!

:ksu: :ksu: :ksu: Enjoy the beer... I hope you choke on it. :D

Demonpenz
01-30-2005, 02:54 AM
ghetto jam

ROYC75
01-30-2005, 08:07 AM
KSU road win ? :eek: BTA, it was a tailess Tigger.

Congrats Mildcats, BTW,what's up out there in West Lawrence ? Somebody trying to find that lone lost W in wildcats ?

After looking at last years team and seeing a few games this year, looks like Woolly man has the ship pointed in the right direction.

Again, props. :thumb:

BTW, have you sold out Allen west yet ? If not, wait till we come to town ! :KU:

redfan
01-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Nice win, State! I'm beginning to like this Wooldridge guy...

BigOlChiefsfan
01-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Every cat a wildman and I'd like to mark the end of the 20 year skid.

Note: that's NOT a skid mark.

duncan_idaho
01-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Golden nugget from Quin's press conference, for those Mizzou fans in the room... and those who like to laugh at Quin's complete and utter incompetence:

When asked what the Tigers do in practice to prepare for the 2-3 zone they inevitably face EVERY WEEK and are still UNABLE TO BEAT, Q said they practice against their OWN 2-3 zone.

Which makes a lot of sense, considering how pathetic MU's zone is.

WilliamTheIrish
01-30-2005, 12:09 PM
KSU road win ? :eek: BTA, it was a tailess Tigger.

Congrats Mildcats, BTW,what's up out there in West Lawrence ? Somebody trying to find that lone lost W in wildcats ?

After looking at last years team and seeing a few games this year, looks like Woolly man has the ship pointed in the right direction.

Again, props. :thumb:

BTW, have you sold out Allen west yet ? If not, wait till we come to town ! :KU:

Yep. Finally a conference road win. Breaking a 20 year losing streak in Columbia. Sweep the MUt's in BBall for the first time in 21(?) years.

I have been extremely critical of Wooly for his inability to close out the close games.

To date I have not been up to see the team this season because I thought after the 2OT loss on the road at Neb, the last second loss at home to TTech, and the total collapse in the 2nd half of the aTm game, I figured his fate as a "close but no cigar" coach was sealed.

But last night KSU finally showed some grit. Come back from 14-2 to satrt to the game to lead 28-24 at the break. Then, after a 20-0 MUt run to close the final 4 minutes of the 1st half and the opening 5 minutes of the 2nd half, which put KSU in the hole 40-28, KSU just shot lights out.

Still, KSU is not in the same class as the top 4 teams (maybe 5) in the conference. (If we just had a real big man) But beating the Mut's in Columbia is a big monkey off the program's back. An upper division finish is now in reach. But they'll need to win road games that have slipped away in the recent past, (ISU, CU,) and steal one somewhere else (Stillwater or Austin)

There is still a big 800# gorilla of a streak that KSU needs to end. But first it's on to Stillwater.

Jeez, I almost hate to get my hopes up...I miss meaningful March basketball.

PastorMikH
01-30-2005, 03:45 PM
When asked what the Tigers do in practice to prepare for the 2-3 zone they inevitably face EVERY WEEK and are still UNABLE TO BEAT, Q said they practice against their OWN 2-3 zone.

Which makes a lot of sense, considering how pathetic MU's zone is.

Sad but true.

The reason they can't break the zone is they are lazy. There is allmost no effort given to drive and dish and they have absolutely no hustle or physical play on the floor. If an MU player drives, everyone knows they are going to shoot it so they collapse and get the rebound. Missouri is content with passing the ball around then throwing up a prayer and hope it goes in. They need to attack the basket and then move the ball around to the open shooter. Trust me Quin, someone will be open - it may take 3-4 passes, but someone will get the ball that has a good shot. And until they start getting physical and hustling, they will keep dying to the zone. I watched back when Rush was here, told my dad they looked selfish and lazy out there. They were winning though (until March) so he didn't really agree. Now he sees it too.

It's frustrating being a Tigers fan right now.

Saulbadguy
01-30-2005, 05:28 PM
I think one of the best parts of this game was the perfomance of Lance Harris. 4 of 8 total FG, and 3-4 from 3 point land. 14 points, 5 rebounds, and Hometown: Columbia, MO. Too bad Quinny didn't want to recruit this guy.

Saulbadguy
01-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Yep. Finally a conference road win. Breaking a 20 year losing streak in Columbia. Sweep the MUt's in BBall for the first time in 21(?) years.

I have been extremely critical of Wooly for his inability to close out the close games.

To date I have not been up to see the team this season because I thought after the 2OT loss on the road at Neb, the last second loss at home to TTech, and the total collapse in the 2nd half of the aTm game, I figured his fate as a "close but no cigar" coach was sealed.

But last night KSU finally showed some grit. Come back from 14-2 to satrt to the game to lead 28-24 at the break. Then, after a 20-0 MUt run to close the final 4 minutes of the 1st half and the opening 5 minutes of the 2nd half, which put KSU in the hole 40-28, KSU just shot lights out.

Still, KSU is not in the same class as the top 4 teams (maybe 5) in the conference. (If we just had a real big man) But beating the Mut's in Columbia is a big monkey off the program's back. An upper division finish is now in reach. But they'll need to win road games that have slipped away in the recent past, (ISU, CU,) and steal one somewhere else (Stillwater or Austin)

There is still a big 800# gorilla of a streak that KSU needs to end. But first it's on to Stillwater.

Jeez, I almost hate to get my hopes up...I miss meaningful March basketball.

I think we could very well be the "2nd best team in the north"..therefore, 6th overall in the Big XII. I would be happy with that finish.

WilliamTheIrish
01-30-2005, 06:15 PM
I think we could very well be the "2nd best team in the north"..therefore, 6th overall in the Big XII. I would be happy with that finish.

Gah!!!

That f'ing 2ot loss at Skerville is like an open wound. I understand that we lost to TTech on a last second trey, but had Wooly been able to coax a victory out of either of those contests, KSU would be in the proverbial catbird seat.

As it is, the toughest part of the sched is now upon us and he's got to win some big games. Otherwise, the win at MUt Arena is meaningless.

duncan_idaho
01-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Re: Lance Harris

He's better than I thought he'd be, but I don't think he'll ever be a Big 12 starter. There wasn't a recruiting service in the country that had him ranked higher than Gardner out of high school, or Conley either.

So I don't regret not recruiting him... and almost all of his points (except for one, maybe two drives when he got past an over-rotated defense) were the result of lazy defense on the perimeter out of an extremely poorly executed 2-3 zone.

Re: Mizzou offense

Kleiza seems to think his role against the 2-3 is to park on one of the wings, rather flash to the middle consistently. And it is a lazy offense - very few cuts, slow passes around the perimeter... this freshman class and the young players in genereal are promising, but unless they get some better offensive (hell, better, period) coaching, that promise will go to waste.

Saulbadguy
01-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Gah!!!

That f'ing 2ot loss at Skerville is like an open wound. I understand that we lost to TTech on a last second trey, but had Wooly been able to coax a victory out of either of those contests, KSU would be in the proverbial catbird seat.

As it is, the toughest part of the sched is now upon us and he's got to win some big games. Otherwise, the win at MUt Arena is meaningless.
Yep..2 buckets away from being 5-1. The loss to the Corn really hurt...as we pretty much got screwed by the ref at the end of the game with that "foul" by Massey. I don't give us much hope at Stoolwater, but I didn't give us much chance last night either. I figure we have to sweep Colorado, and a win @ISU would be nice. Gotta beat OU, Nebraska, and Baylor at home, as well. All of that would put us at 9-7, and that'd be swell....

Saulbadguy
01-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Re: Lance Harris

He's better than I thought he'd be, but I don't think he'll ever be a Big 12 starter. There wasn't a recruiting service in the country that had him ranked higher than Gardner out of high school, or Conley either.

So I don't regret not recruiting him... and almost all of his points (except for one, maybe two drives when he got past an over-rotated defense) were the result of lazy defense on the perimeter out of an extremely poorly executed 2-3 zone.

He's had his ups and downs. What i've noticed is he extremely athletic, probably the most athletic player on our team. He is also a pretty good defender, but he is too timid on offense. There have been times he could easily cut to the basket, but he ends up shooting a poorly timed trey, and bricks it. He will get better as he matures..he is only a sophmore.

Sure-Oz
01-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Man it will be fun surrounded by all my friends which are KU fans tomorrow night. We are going to get spanked.

WilliamTheIrish
01-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Man it will be fun surrounded by all my friends which are KU fans tomorrow night. We are going to get spanked.

Hold on there Oz. Us Wildcats ain't done kicking you yet.

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2005, 11:02 PM
I went to the game. It was pathetic. The new arena is just awesome though. That was the only cool part about the whole game. Pretty sad huh. Also about Lance Harris, Gardner was ranked higher and most people in this area thought he was a solid MVC player not Big 12.

KevB
01-30-2005, 11:20 PM
I went to the game. It was pathetic. The new arena is just awesome though. That was the only cool part about the whole game. Pretty sad huh. Also about Lance Harris, Gardner was ranked higher and most people in this area thought he was a solid MVC player not Big 12.

Looks like most people were wrong.

Gardner is not a very athletic player by Big XII standards, so he settles for 3 pointers on the wing. Harris is more athletic, a better shooter, and roughly the same size. Glad KSU got Harris and MU took Gardner.