PDA

View Full Version : WR Rod Gardner looking for Trade

Kerberos
01-29-2005, 11:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1978715

Does anyone know anything about him ???

I would say he is an underachiever since he has been on a losing team for the last few years and no real offense to make him shine ????

I don't think he is worth a gamble for a 2nd rounder ... but maybe a third?

Anyone ?? Thoughts ??? Discuss....Discuss ! :hmmm:

Bowser
01-29-2005, 11:11 PM
He is a guy that has talent, and has played for some crappy offensive teams, but NO WAY should we give up a first day draft pick for a wide receiver! Now, if he can convince Fred Smoot to follow in his footsteps and come to KC...........

OmahaChief
01-30-2005, 01:42 AM
I would give a 5th for him. He drops have the balls that hit him in the hands.

Miles
01-30-2005, 03:00 AM
He is a fairly talented WR that has been underperforming. In 2002 he put up decent numbers before they got Coles and bumped him down to #2. And the Wash offense doesnt exacly help WR's put up numbers.

He would probably be worthwhile for a 4th or lower but anything more would be too much considering we need those picks.

htismaqe
01-30-2005, 07:06 AM
He's an offensive player.

No.

Kerberos
01-30-2005, 07:30 AM
He's an offensive player.

No.

Hey man .. I was thinking maybe we could get them to trade for Bartee and a 6th rounder !

:)

Cliff

CHIEF4EVER
01-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Hey man .. I was thinking maybe we could get them to trade for Bartee and a 6th rounder !

:)

Cliff

So, in essence, you are suggesting that they take a 6th rounder and a waterboy/tackling dummy/gopher.

Kerberos
01-30-2005, 07:53 AM
So, in essence, you are suggesting that they take a 6th rounder and a waterboy/tackling dummy/gopher.

Actually I was thinking since "WE" are giving up Bartee they should give "US" a 6th rounder and Gardner!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

But to asume that Daniel Snyder would jump on a trade like that would be like asuming EnDelt has stoped drinking as some of you have pointed out! :hmmm:

RealSNR
01-30-2005, 11:41 AM
If we're going to spend money on a WR, can we at least spend money on a TRUE #1 guy?

I'm sick of paying for all these #2 and 3 receivers in hopes that they can step it up. See Johnnie Morton, Lake Dawson, Brett Perriman, etc.

HC_Chief
01-30-2005, 12:09 PM
If we're going to spend money on a WR, can we at least spend money on a TRUE #1 guy?

I'm sick of paying for all these #2 and 3 receivers in hopes that they can step it up. See Johnnie Morton, Lake Dawson, Brett Perriman, etc.

GODDAMN RIGHT! This team hasn't had a true #1 receiver since Andre Rison and even then, he was on the downward slope of his career.

If we're going to add a WR, get someone that's obviously better than anyone we've already got. Either that, or DRAFT a WR with the <i>intention</i> of making him an <i>immediate</i> starter. I'm so sick of how this team has f*cked around at the receiver position.

Hoover
01-30-2005, 12:35 PM
The Chiefs Defense can't afford to give up draft picks. There is no way we can make a more for him, because if we did it would cost us a defensive player in the draft.

Ralphy Boy
01-30-2005, 12:51 PM
He did fairly well his rookie year for Marty, wouldn't be suprised if San Diego makes a run at him, having 2 first rounders and all. Then again, they wouldn't give up a 1st for him and I'd be shocked if anybody gives up a 2nd for him either.

NaptownChief
01-30-2005, 02:54 PM
I would spend a 3rd on him and feel like we made out like a bandit...He has proven he can produce as a #1 or a #2....

Keep in mind he has been in 3 different systems in his short time in the league.