PDA

View Full Version : Just back from D.C.....

Jenny Gump
01-30-2005, 11:09 AM
...broke bread with Misplaced Chiefs Fan...very cool guy.

...saw the National Archives...was very moved by the experience.

...fought off patent lawyers and accountants at every turn...yeah, I tend to attract the real bad boys.

...I think I am a little too happy to live in D.C....encountered quite a few angry and unpleasant people.

...I drank Samuel Adams...apparently D.C. is too cosmopolitan to be a beer town.

Thanks Misplaced Chiefs Fan for your hospitality. Now...shouldn't you be writing something??

Rausch
01-30-2005, 11:13 AM
What? One dinner?

You're not much of a muse...

ROYC75
01-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Good to see ya back in one piece !

Jenny Gump
01-30-2005, 11:15 AM
What? One dinner?

You're not much of a muse...

Oh come on...I'm muse-worthy...the problem is I don't have the capability to shoot lasers from my fingertips. I should have had dinner with Salinger.

ROYC75
01-30-2005, 11:15 AM
BTW, DC is a nice place to visit, IMHO, it would suck to live there.

Although my son lives there and works at the pentagon.

KcMizzou
01-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Thought you should see this. After you get the gist of it... see post #51.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109244

Jenny Gump
01-30-2005, 11:32 AM
You know...I go away for a few days, and Zach turns into Dr. Kinsey. Mutha F*ckah. You can't be serious???!!?? (no offense Skip)

KcMizzou
01-30-2005, 11:34 AM
ROFL

go bo
01-30-2005, 12:11 PM
You know...I go away for a few days, and Zach turns into Dr. Kinsey. Mutha F*ckah. You can't be serious???!!?? (no offense Skip)no, no, no...

it's martha focker... :) :) :)

RedNFeisty
01-30-2005, 12:42 PM
...broke bread with Misplaced Chiefs Fan...very cool guy.

...saw the National Archives...was very moved by the experience.

...fought off patent lawyers and accountants at every turn...yeah, I tend to attract the real bad boys.

...I think I am a little too happy to live in D.C....encountered quite a few angry and unpleasant people.

...I drank Samuel Adams...apparently D.C. is too cosmopolitan to be a beer town.

Thanks Misplaced Chiefs Fan for your hospitality. Now...shouldn't you be writing something??

Can't talk about patent lawyers, but some of us accountants can be very bad!! ;)

Glad that you had a good trip and made it back safely!!

go bo
01-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Can't talk about patent lawyers, but some of us accountants can be very bad!! ;)

Glad that you had a good trip and made it back safely!!well, some of the red and feisty accountants sure do seem a mite naughty around the edges... :p :p :p

Phobia
01-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Sam Adams is a decent brew - for a nationally available beverage....

New Belgium products have been making my ass stink all weekend.

stumppy
01-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Soooooooooooo,
which do you like better ? DC ? AC ?
Or have you decided to go AC/DC ? :shrug:

chiefs4me
01-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Sam Adams is a decent brew - for a nationally available beverage....

New Belgium products have been making my ass stink all weekend.

ROFL

2bikemike
01-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Glad to hear you made it back. BTW has anybody heard from Misplaced Chiefs fan? Maybe he is the one we should have been worried about in this rendevous.

go bo
01-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Soooooooooooo,
which do you like better ? DC ? AC ?
Or have you decided to go AC/DC ? :shrug:oh, you are so dead, or mutilated or something...

otoh, you may be on to something... :p http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/tongueout.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/realhappy/jump.gif

go bo
01-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Glad to hear you made it back. BTW has anybody heard from Misplaced Chiefs fan? Maybe he is the one we should have been worried about in this rendevous.nah, i'm pretty sure he's ok...

i met him at the 37 forever banquet and he looked like he was more than fit enough for some ardous exercise...

stumppy
01-30-2005, 01:53 PM
oh, you are so dead, or mutilated or something...

otoh, you may be on to something... :p http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/tongueout.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/realhappy/jump.gif

Yea, but what a way to go. :spank:

teedubya
01-30-2005, 02:04 PM
did you go to Ft Collins specifically to go to the brewery? if yes, is the answer... you might be an alcoholic.

Baby Lee
01-30-2005, 02:14 PM
BTW, DC is a nice place to visit, IMHO, it would suck to live there.

Although my son lives there and works at the pentagon.
I have a good friend who works for the Treasury Department and lives in Crystal City. Right off the subway exit that has the underground grocery store. Couldn't imagine a much better place to live, unless you have the jack to live in decent digs in Manhattan.

Baby Lee
01-30-2005, 02:22 PM
BTW - if ever a thread belonged in the DC forum. ;)

Phobia
01-30-2005, 02:39 PM
did you go to Ft Collins specifically to go to the brewery? if yes, is the answer... you might be an alcoholic.

I did. But I was already in Denver, so I don't think I qualify.

Rain Man
01-30-2005, 03:06 PM
The National Archives is (are?) the coolest place in DC. When I was there a few years back, they were displaying the actual "bill of sale" for the Louisiana Purchase, as well as one of the original copies of the Magna Carta. And of course, there's the tried and true U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence, too. It's a stupendously amazing place.

go bo
01-30-2005, 05:54 PM
The National Archives is (are?) the coolest place in DC. When I was there a few years back, they were displaying the actual "bill of sale" for the Louisiana Purchase, as well as one of the original copies of the Magna Carta. And of course, there's the tried and true U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence, too. It's a stupendously amazing place.that it is... :thumb:

Skip Towne
01-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Welcome home Jenny. It sounds like you had a good time. Didja get any?

Jenny Gump
01-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Welcome home Jenny. It sounds like you had a good time. Didja get any?

Don't you have Cinemax or something there at Meadowgreen Retirement Facility?

BroWhippendiddle
01-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Did you get to see any of the other Smithsonian Museums?

I went to the Air and Space Museum a few years ago, it was interesting, but the American History Museum was by far the best.

Did you see Old Glory? I got to see it as they put it away (the automated lowering of the sealed case).

Did you walk the mall?

Did you get to visit all of the memorials along the way?

I think to see everything it would take a good week.

Did you go to the WH and see GWB?

Jenny Gump
01-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Did you get to see any of the other Smithsonian Museums?

I went to the Air and Space Museum a few years ago, it was interesting, but the American History Museum was by far the best.

Did you see Old Glory? I got to see it as they put it away (the automated lowering of the sealed case).

Did you walk the mall?

Did you get to visit all of the memorials along the way?

I think to see everything it would take a good week.

Did you go to the WH and see GWB?

Are you with the FBI?

BroWhippendiddle
01-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Are you with the FBI?

No, that would be FEI!! (Fiberglass Engineering Inc.)

I was attending an industrial computing class in the area a few years ago and took the opportunity to drive to near DC and take the Metro into the mall and see what I could in the time I had. Unfortunately I spent too much time at the Air and Space Museum and only had a short time in the American History Museum.

If I ever go back, I will visit AH first and probably take a quick second run through on the last day there.

Rain Man
01-30-2005, 08:09 PM
No, that would be FEI!! (Fiberglass Engineering Inc.)

I was attending an industrial computing class in the area a few years ago and took the opportunity to drive to near DC and take the Metro into the mall and see what I could in the time I had. Unfortunately I spent too much time at the Air and Space Museum and only had a short time in the American History Museum.

If I ever go back, I will visit AH first and probably take a quick second run through on the last day there.

So you're just blatantly disregarding my endorsement of the National Archives?

go bo
01-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Are you with the FBI?ROFL ROFL ROFL

4th and Long
01-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Welcome back Jen. I hope your trip was enjoyable. :)

On a side note, if Misplaced Chiefs Fan doesn't have some pics of your little get together, there are going to be a lot of disappointed Gump fans running amok. ;)

BroWhippendiddle
01-30-2005, 08:14 PM

I wouldn't say that, I was comparing the places I saw. Like I said, it would take a good week to get through all of the museums. American History seemed more interesting than the Air and Space Museum.

Skip Towne
01-30-2005, 08:16 PM
I think he is blatantly ignoring you. You should neg rep him.

CanadaKC
01-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Are we hurting for material on the BB or what?

go bo
01-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Are we hurting for material on the BB or what?depends on what the meaning of material is...

Rain Man
01-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Are we hurting for material on the BB or what?

Stop hinting, and just go ahead and start a thread about Ottawa.

Skip Towne
01-30-2005, 08:29 PM
I went to DC once. I was interviewing for a job with the CIA. I didn't have a chance to see any sights while I was there. Well, other than the inside of some very drab looking CIA buildings.
And the CIA didn't hire you? They must have found out about the fat girls in your past.

Rain Man
01-30-2005, 08:30 PM
I think he is blatantly ignoring you. You should neg rep him.

I worry that if I start neg repping people that I'll enjoy it. Then I'll slowly degenerate into madness and end up neg repping hobos and runaways at truck stops until Jodie Foster finally tracks me down in my basement.

It's a slippery slope.

BroWhippendiddle
01-30-2005, 08:32 PM
I went to DC once. I was interviewing for a job with the CIA. I didn't have a chance to see any sights while I was there. Well, other than the inside of some very drab looking CIA buildings.

Yeah,, Riggggghhhhhhhhhttttttt!!!!

BroWhippendiddle
01-30-2005, 08:34 PM
I worry that if I start neg repping people that I'll enjoy it. Then I'll slowly degenerate into madness and end up neg repping hobos and runaways at truck stops until Jodie Foster finally tracks me down in my basement.

It's a slippery slope.

Wear ski's!!

warpaint99
01-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Jenny. Did you know the chick from ALIAS runs a profootball fantasy league. Jim Belushi plays in it too.

go bo
01-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I went to DC once. I was interviewing for a job with the CIA. I didn't have a chance to see any sights while I was there. Well, other than the inside of some very drab looking CIA buildings.i interviewed with the cia in '69...

the building in dc that i went to was indeed drab, and it was relatively new at the time...

Mr. Kotter
02-27-2005, 09:12 PM
What? A thread by Jenny, ABOUT Jenny....my, I must be mistaken?

FloridaChief
02-27-2005, 09:14 PM
What? A thread by Jenny, ABOUT Jenny....my, I must be mistaken?

You are reallly starting to get on people's nerves, aren't you? I admire that...

Mr. Kotter
02-27-2005, 09:17 PM
You are reallly starting to get on people's nerves, aren't you? I admire that...

I figure, WTF...I can be an asshole just as (well, almost) as the next guy. Heh.

go bo
02-27-2005, 09:21 PM
I figure, WTF...I can be an asshole just as (well, almost) as the next guy. Heh.asshole?

is that what you're calling it now? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mr. Kotter
02-27-2005, 09:22 PM
asshole?

is that what you're calling it now? ROFL ROFL ROFL

No, no...John. This thread is all about Jenny. Let us not forget the purpose of this thread.

Oh, wait....she started it herself; that just can't be....heh. :hmmm:

Phobia
02-27-2005, 09:28 PM
No, no...John. This thread is all about Jenny. Let us not forget the purpose of this thread.

Oh, wait....she started it herself; that just can't be....heh. :hmmm:

Are you actually trying to compete with T&A?

You aren't very smart, are you?

go bo
02-27-2005, 09:32 PM

You aren't very smart, are you?heh, one man's t&a is another man's, well...

another man's t&a...

just ask dc...

ok, ok...

Rausch
02-27-2005, 09:34 PM

Ok, WTF is the T&A!?! :cuss:

Phobia
02-27-2005, 09:34 PM
heh, one man's t&a is another man's, well...

another man's t&a...

just ask dc...

ok, ok...

Mr. Kotter is gay?

Mr. Kotter
02-27-2005, 09:35 PM

I am from KS, so you know probably the result of in-breeding. And eatin' paint chips as a kid. And breathin' asbestos and all. Hell I suspect a possom has a higher IQ...you know?

Nah. But hypocrites rub me the wrong way.

Phobia
02-27-2005, 09:36 PM
If it's about a woman, it's not hypocritical - it's sexist.

Mr. Kotter
02-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Mr. Kotter is gay?

Could be. I'm just too stupid to know what is wrong with bein' gay though. Didn't use to be anything wrong with bein' a happy man, you know?

Mr. Kotter
02-27-2005, 09:37 PM
If it's about a woman, it's not hypocritical - it's sexist.

Sexist? Isn't that how babies are made? Can you draw a picture for me. We like pictures in Kansas.

Pants
02-27-2005, 09:38 PM
SDC, you are the biggest drama queen I know.

Mr. Kotter
02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
SDC, you are the biggest drama queen I know.

I didn't start no thread; just pointin' out the hypocrites. :p

go bo
02-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Mr. Kotter is gay?damn!

now i'm really in trouble...

just woke the wife up by laughing so loud... ROFL ROFL ROFL