PDA

View Full Version : Now loose weight even sitting on Computers?

C-Mac
01-31-2005, 10:10 AM
http://www.expressnewsline.com/0905/fullstory0905-insight-loose+weight+Easy-status-22-newsID-99.html

PM Source : Health News ExpressNewsline.com

Now computer operators have a good news that whatever they do will help you lose weight. According to a report published in recent issue of the journal Science couched potatoes are more likely to avoid obesity if they engage in other substantial, low grade activity.
(I would think that Chiefsplanet would apply)

Couch potatoes and computer users can jump for glee as according to a new study the simple act of fidgeting burns important calories that can keep people lean.

Mayo Clinic researchers recruited 10 lean and 10 mildly obese self-proclaimed couch potatoes to wear specially designed underwear that monitored and recorded their every movement over a period of 10 days. And also the study was conducted using high-tech underwear, which detect the smallest movements and take measurements every half second. Twenty people, half of them lean and the other half mildly obese, wore the garments nonstop for ten days as they went about their every day, normal activities. All participants were self professed 'couch potatoes' and none engaged in regular exercise The researchers found the obese volunteers tended to be less active than their lean counterparts.

The team found the overweight couch potatoes were 150 minutes less active per day compared with lean couch potatoes. The difference resulted in the lean group burning 350 calories more per day than those in the obese group.

The simple minor activities, like getting off the couch can burn as much as 350 calories a day or 10 to 30 pounds a year. Basically, any small movements will help in the long run, but sitting idle does no good.

More on Mayo Clinic Official Website

Hoover
01-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Sleeping burns calories...

Baby Lee
01-31-2005, 10:19 AM
Butt clenches are the shiznit!!!!

ROYC75
01-31-2005, 10:24 AM
:hmmm:

One of these days I will have it made. One does it at night, one does it when on the pc, one does it with exercise....

If I take all 3, I will be left with nothing to burn off ?

Skip Towne
01-31-2005, 10:27 AM
Or they could refrain from stuffing their pie holes several times per day.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2005, 12:01 PM
to wear specially designed underwear that monitored and recorded their every movement over a period of 10 days.
ewwww...

i bet they were pretty stinky after 10 days :Lin:

C-Mac
01-31-2005, 01:22 PM
ewwww...

i bet they were pretty stinky after 10 days :Lin:

I bet they made sure and shook it twice with all that electronic wiring and stuff.

ChiefsOne
01-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah, meth works pretty good too!

Iowanian
01-31-2005, 03:09 PM
refraining from sucking down 3 sugar colas, a couple of candy bars and a bag of Oreos per day doesn't hurt either.

The times I've cut myself off of pop, with that being the only difference, I drop 3-5lbs in a month. Combine that with working out 2-3 days per week and I could be in pretty decent shape in a 2-3 months.

C-Mac
01-31-2005, 05:20 PM
refraining from sucking down 3 sugar colas, a couple of candy bars and a bag of Oreos per day doesn't hurt either.

The times I've cut myself off of pop, with that being the only difference, I drop 3-5lbs in a month. Combine that with working out 2-3 days per week and I could be in pretty decent shape in a 2-3 months.

"...working out?"

Iowanian
01-31-2005, 09:21 PM
The rest of you hosers, like Gochiefs can just keep doing those sets of cpu-chair Keggles.

gochiefs is the favorite for Gold in the 2008 Olympic Labia Bench press.

Ultra Peanut
01-31-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm Dr. Greg Cynaumon...

Delano
01-31-2005, 09:26 PM
I'd like to see John Basedow and Greg Cynaumon in a fight to the death in order to see who's techniques work better.