PDA

View Full Version : What coach gives the most entertaining press conferences in sports?

PunkinDrublic
01-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Usually press conferences don't interest me and bore me after about 15 minutes. I do love the press conferences when the losing coach/manager completely melts down and takes it out on the reporters. This always makes good TV. Who do you think gives the most entertaining press conferences. List of my faves

Mike Ditka

Jim Mora

Bobby Knight

DV (Although the crying routine is really embarrassing)

Herm Edwards

Bill Parcells

Saulbadguy
01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Jim Mora...PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS?

David.
01-31-2005, 06:48 PM
Jim Mora, it isn't even close.

Jenson71
01-31-2005, 06:48 PM
Okay, it's not a press conference, but Bobby Knights infamous, inspirational half time speech could make Hitler jealous.

PunkinDrublic
01-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Jim Mora, it isn't even close.

Mora's a classic. But Iron Mike gave a press conference one time and a reporter pissed him off so bad he gave out his address and said to come by any time and get you're ass kicked.

Miles
01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Andy Reed ;)

Jenson71
01-31-2005, 06:58 PM
what a (something) and I'm gonna get the **** outta here. I mean if you're not gonna recover Greg Graham, if you're just gonna let him drive by, if the rest of you are gonna let him catch the ball outside the three second lane and drive all the way in here without one guy challenging him, then I'm leaving and you ****ing guys will run til you can't even suffer...now I'm tired of this shit. I'm sick and ****ing tired of an 8 and 10 record, I'm ****ing tired of losing to Purdue. I'm not here to **** around this week. Now you may be, but I'm not. And I'm gonna ****ing guarantee you, that if we don't play up there monday night, you aren't gonna believe the next very ****ing day. Now I'm not here to get my ass beat on Monday. Now you better ****ing understand that right now. This is absolute ****ing bullshit. I'll ****ing run your ass to the ground. I mean I'll ****ing run ya...you'll think last night was a ****ing picnic. 'I had to sit around for a ****ing year with an 8 and 10 record in this ****ing league'. And I mean you will not put me in that ****ing position again. Or you will goddamn pay for it like you can't ****ing believe. Now you better get your head outta your ass.

David.
01-31-2005, 06:59 PM
I liked when he wiped his ass, and showed it to his players.

Classy.

Ultra Peanut
01-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Herm Edwards and Jim Mora are my favorites, when it comes to football.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Jim Mora's teams never knew diddly-poo about the playoffs......

RealSNR
01-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Bobby Knight. I think the one about "Would someone please tell me what an unnamed source is" is a classic.

jspchief
01-31-2005, 10:40 PM
I like Bob Knight because he gives these clowns exactly what they ask for, and they're still blown away when they get it.

I also like Parcells, he has the right combination of candor, humor, and attitude.

LTownChief
02-01-2005, 01:30 AM
Jim Mora's "playoffs, playoffs...I just hope we can win another game!"

that was classic!

tk13
02-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Bobby Knight. I think the one about "Would someone please tell me what an unnamed source is" is a classic.
The game face rant was the best. Somebody says something and they get into a discussion about game faces and he's like "I don't even know what a game face is. What's a game face?" and always-stern Bob Knight proceeds to make all these goofy funny contorted faces. Great stuff.

Boardin Bronco
02-01-2005, 06:04 PM
I am no fan of Tommy Lasorda, but his profanity laced sound blast when a journalist asked him what he thought of Dave Kingman's 3 HRs is classic!

Joe Seahawk
02-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Lou Piniella had some really good ones when he was here..