PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Fans doing what it takes...........

papasmurf
02-01-2005, 07:05 PM
I wonder if his wife still thinks it was a good idea?
Feb. 1, 2005
SportsLine.com wire reports
PHILADELPHIA -- Kevin P. O'Donoghue is going to the Super Bowl. When he gets back, he'll worry about the house he mortgaged to watch his beloved Eagles (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/page/PHI).
Advertisement He's not alone. Some championship-deprived Philadelphians are so desperate to get down to Jacksonville for the big game that they're borrowing against their homes to pay for the tickets.
O'Donoghue, who was 11 the last time his team made it to the Super Bowl, promised himself he'd be there if they ever made it again -- no matter what it took.
After the Eagles advanced to their first Super Bowl in 24 years, O'Donoghue told his wife: "I don't care if we have to mortgage our house, I'm going."
She replied, "Wait a minute, maybe that's a good idea."
So O'Donoghue sunk $4,000 on a Super Bowl package that includes round-trip airfare, a four-night hotel stay and one ticket to Sunday's game. To pay for it, he applied for a home equity line of credit, a way of borrowing money that required him to put up his house as collateral.

Otter
02-01-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm about sick of Eagle fans.

FloridaChief
02-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I suppose that means they're gearing themselves up for a huge loss, then...

tommykat
02-01-2005, 07:12 PM

I'm sick of the Pats 2!:cuss:

papasmurf
02-01-2005, 07:16 PM

spoken like some from near Pittsburgh

Delano
02-01-2005, 07:17 PM

At least they still have their original chant.

E-A-G-L-E-S.. eagles..

DTLB58
02-01-2005, 07:17 PM
So your spending money you don't have with a 50-50 chance of your team losing, going home depressed, pissed off and $4,000 in debt and with the debt tied to your house!

Grow up people! :shake:

Rain Man
02-01-2005, 07:19 PM
O'Donoghue, who was 11 the last time his team made it to the Super Bowl, promised himself he'd be there if they ever made it again -- no matter what it took.

Spoiled brat.

Skip Towne
02-01-2005, 07:33 PM
So your spending money you don't have with a 50-50 chance of your team losing, going home depressed, pissed off and $4,000 in debt and with the debt tied to your house!

Grow up people! :shake:
More than a 50% chance of losing in the Eagles case.

DTLB58
02-01-2005, 07:34 PM

Unfortunately, I agree. I would rather see the Eagles win, but I think the Pats will.

DTLB58
02-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Just in from the Dave Ramsey financial advise show: If you borrow money to pay for Super Bowl tickets there is an extra tax on your Ticket!

Yea, It's called STUPID tax! That's what they call it when you borrow money to watch a sporting event. ROFL

KCWolfman
02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Just in from the Dave Ramsey financial advise show: If you borrow money to pay for Super Bowl tickets there is an extra tax on your Ticket!

Yea, It's called STUPID tax! That's what they call it when you borrow money to watch a sporting event. ROFL
No more stupid than taking a loan to buy a television or entertainment system.

papasmurf
02-01-2005, 07:58 PM
No more stupid than taking a loan to buy a television or entertainment system.

least you have more than a ticket stub the next day.

KCWolfman
02-01-2005, 08:00 PM
least you have more than a ticket stub the next day.
Both are $$$ spent for entertainment. How do you measure that you receive more pleasure from an average size plasma screen television for 5 years than someone else does from seeing their lifelong team in the pentultimate game of their sport live?

DTLB58
02-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Both are $$$ spent for entertainment. How do you measure that you receive more pleasure from an average size plasma screen television for 5 years than someone else does from seeing their lifelong team in the pentultimate game of their sport live?

That's why you don't borrow for either one, save up and pay cash :thumb:

nbkc fan
02-01-2005, 09:04 PM
at least the interest he pays on it is tax-deductible...

digi2fish
02-01-2005, 09:08 PM
maybe it's good for me we didn't go to the Super Bowl...
:hmmm:

KCWolfman
02-01-2005, 09:10 PM
That's why you don't borrow for either one, save up and pay cash :thumb:
Tell that to the millions of morons standing in line at Circuit City and Best Buy. They do it everyday instead of waiting for years for their team to make the SB.

Spicy McHaggis
02-01-2005, 09:38 PM
The whole "going to the superbowl" thing was just a cover up. This guy's probably banging hookers and putting 4 G's on red in Vegas.

2bikemike
02-01-2005, 09:53 PM
The whole "going to the superbowl" thing was just a cover up. This guy's probably banging hookers and putting 4 G's on red in Vegas.

Yeah but nobody will ever know. "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". Along with your money!

Nzoner
02-01-2005, 09:56 PM

He's an Eagles fan,I'm betting he borrowed $8000 and laid the other 4 g's on the Eagles to win with Vinnie on the cornah,thinking the trip will be free and clear.

Kraut
02-01-2005, 09:59 PM
I deal with a few Eagle fans on a daily basis and I have come to find them to be Aholes. I am up to my eyeballs with all of their crap. They are the worst fans in the NFL by far!!!! :banghead:

LTownChief
02-01-2005, 10:06 PM
thats pathetic if you have to morgage your home to go to a football game.

Skip Towne
02-01-2005, 10:11 PM
thats pathetic if you have to morgage your home to go to a football game.
Yes, yes it is.

Nightfyre
02-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Spoiled brat.
My thoughts exactly.

Rain Man
02-02-2005, 02:59 PM
If, instead of borrowing the money, he saved it up and put it into an investment that returned 5 percent per year, he'd be a millionaire in only 114 years. Then he could use the interest to buy season tickets and travel to the away games every year, as long as immortality is invented and the robots haven't killed us all.

Straight, No Chaser
02-02-2005, 03:11 PM
...They are the worst fans in the NFL by far!!!!

Any fan that hits Brent Musburger with hotdogs & mustard while on the air is OK by me. Now, snowballing Santa Claus is another matter.

--->

Hammock Parties
02-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Pretty cool....

But, I'd never pay to see the Chiefs in a Super Bowl live. I'd much rather watch it on TV surrounded by Chiefs fans.

I've spent all these years watching KC rip my heart out on TV, I want to see them do the opposite on TV.

Spicy McHaggis
02-02-2005, 04:02 PM
If, instead of borrowing the money, he saved it up and put it into an investment that returned 5 percent per year, he'd be a millionaire in only 114 years. Then he could use the interest to buy season tickets and travel to the away games every year, as long as immortality is invented and the robots haven't killed us all.

I plan on having myself frozen so I can return as a roguish anti-hero who defeats the evil robots in the future. So don't worry about that.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-02-2005, 04:20 PM
This story is made all the more hilarious by the probablility that New England will kick Philly's ass.

ROFL

Calcountry
02-02-2005, 04:28 PM

Grow up people! :shake:No chit, I can do that from the comfort of my living room, then I can quitely blend back into Nor Cal where hardly no one gives a chit about the Chiefs anyways. Heck, I have been doing it all my life.

DTLB58
02-02-2005, 05:02 PM
This story is made all the more hilarious by the probablility that New England will kick Philly's ass.

ROFL

My thoughts exactly.

DTLB58
02-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey, you don't pick the year your team goes to the Super Bowl.

It shouldn't matter which year it is, if you don't have the cash you don't go. I realize that's not the norm in america considering the report from the Wall street journal says 70% of americans live pay check to pay check. I guess desperate people do desperate things.

DTLB58
02-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Eh, whatever.

If the Chiefs were in the SB, I'd have no problem pulling the trigger on a $4K package. Even if I KNEW they were gonna lose. Watching the Chiefs in person in the SB might turn out to be a once in a lifetime chance.

If I didn't have the cash on hand at the time, it wouldn't bother me to take out a loan. I think people are just freaking over the word 'mortgage'. We're talking about four thousand dollars here, people. It's not that big of a deal.

If $4,000 isn't a big deal to you, you should have it to begin with.

DTLB58
02-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh, horseshit.

Another spoiled brat, I want it and I want it NOW!

Nzoner
02-02-2005, 05:31 PM

Eh, whatever.

If the Chiefs were in the SB, I'd have no problem pulling the trigger on a $4K package. Even if I KNEW they were gonna lose. Watching the Chiefs in person in the SB might turn out to be a once in a lifetime chance.

You guys have given me an idea,I'm not going to renew my season tickets and instead save the money each year and wait till the Chiefs make it to the Superbowl.

I'll either have a nice savings or be able to take one helluva Superbowl trip.

Rain Man
02-02-2005, 05:35 PM
This situation calls for a poll. Excuse me for a moment.

go bo
02-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Both are $$$ spent for entertainment. How do you measure that you receive more pleasure from an average size plasma screen television for 5 years than someone else does from seeing their lifelong team in the pentultimate game of their sport live?ummmmmm... ugh!

wolf fella, him plenty smart...

many braves borrow wampum

to travel, see last custer show...

ai-EE-yah! why chiefs never go to bowl place? :deevee:

http://freebmw.net/share/Smilies/NormalSize/388.gif :arrow: :Peace: :BLVD: :D PBJ PBJ PBJ

go bo
02-02-2005, 05:46 PM
maybe it's good for me we didn't go to the Super Bowl...
:hmmm:when the chiefs get to the super bowl, i'll meet you in the parking lot for some barbecue before the games starts... :thumb:

KCWolfman
02-02-2005, 08:00 PM
when the chiefs get to the super bowl, i'll meet you in the parking lot for some barbecue before the games starts... :thumb:
Digi will have to mortgage his home, his boat, his wife, his girlfriend, and still take a loan from a Chinese Mafia Triad to have enough cash from his distance.