PDA

View Full Version : My Plan to Improve Defense

crossbow
02-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Linebackers:

1) We swap jersies between Barber and Fox. That fools DV into thinking he is playing a vet instead of the dreadful thought of giving a young guy a chance. Ok, now you got speed on the weak side and he can help in pass coverage.

2) Replace Fujita with Gary Stills. Speed upgrade and he can rush the passer like DT used to. The guy tackled everything that moved in last years probowl but for some reason our coaches don't think he can do that here.

3) Middle linebacker gets replaced with a free agent that has actualy tackled someone once. Doesn't matter when or where but he has to have put someone on the ground at least a one time in his career. That would improve the mlb position by ten fold because a tackle would have occured from that spot.

Corners:

1) Except for Warfield, all of the 11 converted safties get returned back to their natural postion and fight for a safety job. The losers get cut.

2) Sign a free agent corner that has either witnessed or participated in an interception. Again, don't care where it happened but if he has seen this technique performed then maybe he will be able to try it for the Chiefs.

3) Ask the Miami, Pittsburg, or Philly scouts to tell the Chiefs scouts how to draft defensive players. Then spend the first two rounds on a linebacker and a corner.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 04:27 PM
I find it funny that some on this BB love Fox, but hate Battle.

jiveturkey
02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I find it funny that some on this BB love Fox, but hate Battle.I don't love Fox but he hasn't looked stupid on the field yet, Battle has.

DeepSouth
02-02-2005, 04:29 PM
I hope Gary Stills gets released so people will quit suggesting he starts on Defense.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
I don't love Fox but he hasn't looked stupid on the field yet, Battle has.
Give battle some time, this is his make or break year if you ask me.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
I hope Gary Stills gets released so people will quit suggesting he starts on Defense.
I like Stills

On Special Teams

Eleazar
02-02-2005, 04:31 PM
It's going to be hard for DV to start Barber when he starts the year on PUP

jiveturkey
02-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Give battle some time, this is his make or break year if you ask me.I agree.

I as just clarifying the Fox situation for you. If he misses a tackle next year he'll be a bust as well.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 04:33 PM
I agree.

I as just clarifying the Fox situation for you. If he misses a tackle next year he'll be a bust as well.
It just pisses me off when people think we shoudl cut him.

BigChiefFan
02-02-2005, 04:34 PM
No offense, but it looks like the same average approach, Carl Peterson would want to take. We NEED playmakers!!! Stills and Fox are not playmakers, so I don't think that improves our LBing core.
Sorry to bag on it, I just think our defense needs THREE upper-echelon FAs and hit two homeruns in the draft, to have a LEGIT shot at winning a Super Bowl and that's what I want and need is a Super Bowl VICTORY. Sticking with Stills and Fox as our starting OLBers doesn't excite me in the least.

crossbow
02-02-2005, 04:35 PM

He coudn't possibly be as bad as what I have seen from our starters this year.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-02-2005, 04:36 PM
My plan to improve the defense............. get better players.

crossbow
02-02-2005, 04:37 PM
It's going to be hard for DV to start Barber when he starts the year on PUP

you are obviously missing the point about young guys sitting on the bench for years

Hoover
02-02-2005, 04:38 PM
nice, I'm behind you 100%

htismaqe
02-02-2005, 04:43 PM
How do we know Fox isn't a playmaker? He hasn't seen the field.

Read his scouting reports, they look identical to half the guys being touted on here as possible 2nd-round draft picks.

jiveturkey
02-02-2005, 04:46 PM

Read his scouting reports, they look identical to half the guys being touted on here as possible 2nd-round draft picks.Plus he's a Gunther pick.

BigChiefFan
02-02-2005, 04:48 PM

Read his scouting reports, they look identical to half the guys being touted on here as possible 2nd-round draft picks.
Until he actually plays, he is NOT a playmaker. Sure, he may have all the potential in the world, but as of right now, he is NOT a playmaker.

BigChiefFan
02-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Plus he's a Gunther pick.
So is Bartee.

jiveturkey
02-02-2005, 04:50 PM
So is Bartee.Ouch!

I didn't see that coming. :thumb:

shaneo69
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
There is absolutely no reason why Fox shouldn't have been playing late last year when our season was over. DV was so intent on getting that freakin' worthless five game winning streak. Just like Parker didn't get to play at WR until the 14th game. Stupid.

Rain Man
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
2) Sign a free agent corner that has either witnessed or participated in an interception. Again, don't care where it happened but if he has seen this technique performed then maybe he will be able to try it for the Chiefs.

ROFL

:(

BigChiefFan
02-02-2005, 05:00 PM
There is absolutely no reason why Fox shouldn't have been playing late last year when our season was over. DV was so intent on getting that freakin' worthless five game winning streak. Just like Parker didn't get to play at WR until the 14th game. Stupid.
I agree. That was asinine Fox and the young players weren't on the field.

Dave Lane
02-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Item 2b)

All corner backs must demonstrate that their head can turn as least 90 degrees from the front in BOTH directions.

Dave
~feels like I'm making one of those genie wishes.

crossbow
02-02-2005, 07:40 PM

You definately get what this thread is realy about. The season was over and we didn't take advantage of it by finding out who should start next year to make sure it doesn't happen again.

If Fox is as good as his scouting reports indicate then the last part of the season would have been a great time for him to get ready for next year.