PDA

View Full Version : Priest Holmes named "Snickers Hungriest Player Of The Year"

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
PRIEST HOLMES NAMED "SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ OF THE YEAR"
Feb 02, 2005, 3:00:00 PM

Wins Award as Monday Night Football’s Top Performer

Hackettstown, NJ, February 2, 2005… Kansas City Chiefs running back Priest Holmes was named the SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ OF THE YEAR for 2004-05 for his performance in the Chiefs’ win over the Ravens on Monday night, October 4, at Baltimore. The SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ OF THE YEAR, which was won last year by Brett Favre, recognizes the season’s most outstanding performance on a Monday Night Football game. SNICKERS® presented Priest this coveted award for his performance against arguably the NFL’s best defense and will make a $10,000 donation to Team Priest, his personal charitable foundation.

The highlight of the press conference was a special presentation of the SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ OF THE YEAR award. As a surprise to Priest, SNICKERS® arranged for the presentation to be made by Priest’s father, Herman Morris, a master sergeant in the U.S. Army Reserve. Herman recently returned from a 12-month, volunteer tour of duty where he was stationed in a combat zone in Iraq in charge of supply convoys.

Holmes received the award at a NFL press conference at the Prime Osborn Convention Center in Jacksonville, FL, that also recognized SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ OF THE WEEK winners and PLAYER OF THE YEAR finalists Ahman Green of the Packers and Titans wide receiver Drew Bennett. In all, thirty players won SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ OF THE WEEK honors this season as selected by the Monday Night Football broadcast team. Holmes’ selection as SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ OF THE YEAR resulted from a vote by fans on Snickers’ web site located at www.snickers.com and seen on all SNICKERS® products and merchandising.

“We’re excited to recognize such an outstanding player as Priest Holmes,” said Janis Smith-Gomez, vice president of marketing at Masterfoods, USA. “The SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ honors the player with the most grit, determination and will to succeed…the player who is hungriest to win.”

Snickers Hungriest Player of the Year…Add One

Holmes, a two-time winner of SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ OF THE WEEK honors, rushed for 125 yards and two touchdowns in leading the Chiefs to a 27-24 road upset over the Ravens, their first win of the season after three straight losses. Priest registered his third 100-yard rushing game in the team’s first four games and became the first player to run for 100 yards against the Ravens defense in 10 games, which at the time was the NFL’s longest active streak. He carried the ball 33 times, the second-highest total in his career and his most with the Chiefs, and scored on runs of four yards and one yard.

Each week during the season, fans who logged onto the web site prior to the game with a code found inside the wrapper of specially marked Snickers bars, and correctly selected the SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™, received a free Snickers bar, and were automatically entered for a weekly Grand Prize that included trips for two to Super Bowl XXXIX, Monday Night Football Weekend Getaways in New York and Miami; and 2005 season tickets for the team of choice. All fans who correctly selected Priest Holmes as the SNICKERS® HUNGRIEST PLAYER™ OF THE YEAR have been entered into a random drawing for a trip for a trip for four to Hawaii for the 2005 Pro Bowl.

Bowser
02-02-2005, 04:32 PM
(insert gratuitous Tostitos joke here)

Jenson71
02-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Can someone explain the tostitos/chips thing to me? I really missed out on that...

JazzzLovr
02-02-2005, 04:35 PM
(insert gratuitous Tostitos joke here)

I figured it wouldn't take long for the nachos jokes to appear. :)

dirk digler
02-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Can someone explain the tostitos/chips thing to me? I really missed out on that...

Everybody threw a fit when they saw Priest on TV sitting in the luxury box during a game eating nachos when he should have been on the sidelines supporting his teammates.

Pants
02-02-2005, 04:36 PM

What are you a nub?

Priest was seen eating Nachos in the booth during a game (while veing injured). Poeple started bitching that he should be freezing his ass off on the sideline along with his teammates.

Jenson71
02-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh okay, thanks. I must have been too busy eating my own nachos to realize it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-02-2005, 04:39 PM
What are you a nub?

Priest was seen eating Nachos in the booth during a game (while veing injured). Poeple started bitching that he should be freezing his ass off on the sideline along with his teammates.
I'm sure he has a nub.....

Jenson71
02-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm a little sensitive about my nub. I'd appreciate if we could just continue with the subject at hand. Thanks.

dirk digler
02-02-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm a little sensitive about my nub. I'd appreciate if we could just continue with the subject at hand. Thanks.

Is your nub in your hand?