PDA

View Full Version : Good job outta Priest!

htismaqe
02-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Carl Peterson now has 2 choices:

1) ignore the wishes of the team's best player and alienate even the most die-hard homers (because Priest is also the team's most POPULAR player)

or

2) sign some freaking big-time free agents!

Excellent work by Priest...

Hammock Parties
02-02-2005, 06:02 PM
I thought you said Priest was retiring?

Eleazar
02-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Well, he's always been trustworthy before. He said he wouldn't hold out of camp for a contract and he didn't. He said Carl told him they would get it done and they did. He said his hip was fine and it was.

I hope he's right about us bringing some people in.

Hammock Parties
02-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I noticed Tony Gonzalez isn't doing his usual blabbermouth routine this offseason....

Big Chief Homer
02-02-2005, 06:21 PM
ok I missed something.

Did Priest give CP some sort of altimatum?

Hammock Parties
02-02-2005, 06:21 PM
ok I missed something.

Did Priest give CP some sort of altimatum?

He went on the radio and said the Chiefs are going after Kendrell Bell and Ty Law.

BigRedChief
02-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Yep, King Carl can ignore Thwitlock but he can't ignore his best player.

BigChief68
02-02-2005, 06:25 PM
He went on the radio and said the Chiefs are going after Kendrell Bell and Ty Law.

When did he say this?????????

Hammock Parties
02-02-2005, 06:26 PM
When did he say this?????????

Today, right after he finished his lunch. He had a ham and swiss on rye.

Big Chief Homer
02-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Its about time someone did something like that.

way to go priest!!!!!

tk13
02-02-2005, 06:30 PM
I think Priest already went through this with Carl when he had the "meeting" with Carl and DV after which he said he was coming back next year... I don't think it's a stretch to think Carl has known for a while where Priest stood on the issue.

HolmeZz
02-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Priest was on Mike and the Maddog today as well. He didn't go as in depth as he did in this Whitlock interview, but he made it known that he wanted defensive FAs added in the off-season. Didn't mention any names though.

htismaqe
02-02-2005, 06:36 PM
I thought you said Priest was retiring?

What?

Phobia
02-02-2005, 06:47 PM
What?

He's talking about something I posted a while back, I think. I predicted the he was hurt far worse than anybody would acknowledge, was done for the season and possibly retiring after he missed his first game. Thus far, I'm half right.

the Talking Can
02-02-2005, 06:49 PM
I didn't hear Priest say that the Chiefs were going after Law and Bell....he said HE wanted the Chiefs to go after Law and Bell...he did say he was going to personally speak with Law.

htismaqe
02-02-2005, 06:56 PM
I didn't hear Priest say that the Chiefs were going after Law and Bell....he said HE wanted the Chiefs to go after Law and Bell...he did say he was going to personally speak with Law.

Absolutely. Priest didn't say they were going after anybody. He said he WANTS THEM TO.

Which was a great job by him.

the Talking Can
02-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Absolutely. Priest didn't say they were going after anybody. He said he WANTS THEM TO.

Which was a great job by him.

yeah, I liked hearing it...and he said it very lightheartedly, not like some selfish a-hole...but he said it repeatedly, he wants Lamar to blow his wad on players for the D....fine by me

go bo
02-02-2005, 07:00 PM
He's talking about something I posted a while back, I think. I predicted the he was hurt far worse than anybody would acknowledge, was done for the season and possibly retiring after he missed his first game. Thus far, I'm half right.self-awareness is the key to happiness, my son...

Hammock Parties
02-02-2005, 08:06 PM
What?

Earlier this year when Priest was doing a few TV/Radio appearances you said something about him exposing himself too early in the offseason and that he would retire.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Carl Peterson now has 2 choices:

1) ignore the wishes of the team's best player and alienate even the most die-hard homers (because Priest is also the team's most POPULAR player)

or

2) sign some freaking big-time free agents!

Excellent work by Priest...
I think Priest has the real power in the Chiefs org. I'm sure Carl would like to disregard his thoughts, but I think Lamar knows that value of Holmes to the Chiefs. This is the best thing that can happen.

htismaqe
02-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Earlier this year when Priest was doing a few TV/Radio appearances you said something about him exposing himself too early in the offseason and that he would retire.

I don't remember saying he would retire. I've always thought it was a possibility.

htismaqe
02-02-2005, 08:33 PM
I think Priest has the real power in the Chiefs org. I'm sure Carl would like to disregard his thoughts, but I think Lamar knows that value of Holmes to the Chiefs. This is the best thing that can happen.

Yep.

Priest is one of a few people who could convince even the blindest of homers that we need to get this done.

ROYC75
02-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Now if we were the Broncos, we could alter the cap to sign these players and said we used the money to fix up Arrowhead, or something like that ..

Dayze
02-02-2005, 10:06 PM
I would be surprised if they went after Bell and Law; I mean ACTIVELY went after them. I'm sure if several other teams go after them and don't sign either of them, then we'll get in the game to attempt a bargain basement price for each.

I'm not one to toss boat-loads of players, but I think the Chiefs window is shut after the 2005 season (at least from an Offensive perspective) and wouldn't mind the Chiefs lettin' it all hang out given the 16-year doldrums we've been in. We'll see.

Hey, at least the off-season will have plenty to talk about and analyze. If they Sign Law (big 'if') it surely won't be because Whitlock is campaigning for him. At least I hope not.

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 05:42 AM
I would be surprised if they went after Bell and Law; I mean ACTIVELY went after them. I'm sure if several other teams go after them and don't sign either of them, then we'll get in the game to attempt a bargain basement price for each.

I'm not one to toss boat-loads of players, but I think the Chiefs window is shut after the 2005 season (at least from an Offensive perspective) and wouldn't mind the Chiefs lettin' it all hang out given the 16-year doldrums we've been in. We'll see.

Hey, at least the off-season will have plenty to talk about and analyze. If they Sign Law (big 'if') it surely won't be because Whitlock is campaigning for him. At least I hope not.

No, it will be because Priest is campaigning for him. Priest has the ability to fill seats (and vice versa). Whitlock does not.

whoman69
02-03-2005, 06:17 AM
Of course CP can't comment on this because of league tampering rules. These guys aren't FAs until March.

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Of course CP can't comment on this because of league tampering rules. These guys aren't FAs until March.

Yep. We won't know how the front office reacts for about a month.

nmt1
02-03-2005, 06:24 AM
No, it will be because Priest is campaigning for him. Priest has the ability to fill seats (and vice versa). Whitlock does not.

C'mon you know as well as I that Carl has no interest in trying to improve the team or even keeping his players happy so why would he care anything about what Priest said?

Seriously, I kinda doubt Carl's gonna ask how high just because Priest said jump. Some improvements need to be made, for sure, but I'll believe the big time free agent courting when I see it.

NewChief
02-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Today, right after he finished his lunch. He had a ham and swiss on rye.

With a side of nachos, I presume?

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 08:09 AM
C'mon you know as well as I that Carl has no interest in trying to improve the team or even keeping his players happy so why would he care anything about what Priest said?

Seriously, I kinda doubt Carl's gonna ask how high just because Priest said jump. Some improvements need to be made, for sure, but I'll believe the big time free agent courting when I see it.

He'll care about what Priest said because Priest SELLS TICKETS. Period.

nmt1
02-03-2005, 08:47 AM
He'll care about what Priest said because Priest SELLS TICKETS. Period.

I'm sure he'll listen if Priest has something to say but Priest isn't in the personnel or cap management departments so I'm guessing what Priest says probably won't carry a whole lot of weight with Carl. Sorry, just being realistic.

Chiefnj
02-03-2005, 09:17 AM
There was a story midseason about how Priest only agreed to go on IR (and thus lose the opportunity to gain many incentives) if: (a) the Chiefs renegotiated part of his contract, and (b) they promised to bring in defensive free agents.

I don't know the validity of the report, but it makes sense and it makes sense that Priest is now publicly trying to keep the pressure on the team to keep their promise.

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm sure he'll listen if Priest has something to say but Priest isn't in the personnel or cap management departments so I'm guessing what Priest says probably won't carry a whole lot of weight with Carl. Sorry, just being realistic.

It will if Priest gets pissed off...Priest has the ability to affect the bottom line.

nmt1
02-03-2005, 09:49 AM
It will if Priest gets pissed off...Priest has the ability to affect the bottom line.

Actually, I don't think Priest has the leverage some think. He's got Johnson chomping at the bit behind him and he hasn't finished two of his last three seasons. To me, Priest is not a sacred cow. Sure he's still the best player on the team but, IMO, he's not irreplaceable.

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Actually, I don't think Priest has the leverage some think. He's got Johnson chomping at the bit behind him and he hasn't finished two of his last three seasons. To me, Priest is not a sacred cow. Sure he's still the best player on the team but, IMO, he's not irreplaceable.

I agree.

You and I (like most of the people here in fact) are also not the same "loyal fans" that fill the majoirty of the seats at Arrowhead stadium every weekend.

Many of those people still think Priest Holmes can walk on water. To them, football is a popularity contest...

BigRedChief
02-03-2005, 09:52 AM
chiefwarpath forum is talking about Priest saying on 61o am that he gaurantees that Law and Kindra Bell will pay a visit to Arrowhead and KC. Anyone else hear this?

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 09:53 AM
chiefwarpath forum is talking about Priest saying on 61o am that he gaurantees that Law and Kindra Bell will pay a visit to Arrowhead and KC. Anyone else hear this?

No, I don't think he guaranteed anything...

nmt1
02-03-2005, 09:56 AM
I agree.

You and I (like most of the people here in fact) are also not the same "loyal fans" that fill the majoirty of the seats at Arrowhead stadium every weekend.

Many of those people still think Priest Holmes can walk on water. To them, football is a popularity contest...

The 'loyal fans' who fill the seats may think he can walk on water but I'd guess the front office and coaching staff have a more realistic take on him. Of course they want him to play but I doubt Priest is dumb enough to hold out just because we didn't sign Kendrell Bell and Ty Law. We may visit with those guys but when the rubber meets the road, Priest will be on the field next season with or without them.

Chief Henry
02-03-2005, 10:14 AM
I hope that Carl's ego wants a SUPERBOWL ring
as bad as he wants control over Player reps....

King_Chief_Fan
02-03-2005, 12:08 PM

Are they there to site see??? Lord knows neither will become a Chief thanks to cap issues and CP.

King_Chief_Fan
02-03-2005, 12:09 PM

If he walks he sure does. What we could do with all that money.