PDA

View Full Version : How many days a week do you eat out

Hoover
02-02-2005, 08:20 PM
My wife is on her way home with some yummy Chinese food. I always feel bad getting dinner from a restaurant or goign out to eat.

How many times a week do you eat out?

Hoover
The Next Rain Man

morphius
02-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Well, with the diet, almost never. Hey, but the 10 pounds in 3 weeks is hard to argue with.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey great job, what else are you doing?

Nzoner
02-02-2005, 08:28 PM
We used to eat out no less than 4-5 times a week,however,my doc just informed me that my cholesterol is a bit high,so hello home cooking for awhile.

Saulbadguy
02-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Once or twice.

Miles
02-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Probably average around 4 or 5 times a week. It mostly depends on how busy i am.

Phobia
I chose once, but I used to eat out 10+ times per week (and I'm not talking about McDonalds either - $20-50 entres). That was a crazy, lucrative time in my life. I wish I had some of that mon-ay back now.

Mr. Kotter
...Hoover
The Next Rain Man

Look, Hoov....

I lived at the same time as Rain Man,
I posted with Rain Man,
I became cyber-acquainted with Rain Man,
And, you Hoov, are no Rain Man. :harumph:

:p

chiefs4me
02-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Well for us it depends on how many different practices and games my boys have.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Look, Hoov....

I lived at the same time as Rain Man,
I posted with Rain Man,
I became cyber-acquainted with Rain Man,
And, you Hoov, are no Rain Man. :harumph:

:p
Where am I at?
What am I doing?
Where is my buddy Ross P?

FloridaChief
02-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Well for us it depends on how many different practices and games my boys have.

morphius
02-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey great job, what else are you doing?
I'm working out 5-6 times a week and a loose version of weight watchers (have the books and just try to floow them, I'm too poor and cheap to pay someone to make me suffer). My mom lost a lot of weight on it, and after looking at the other diets out there, this one allows me to eat the food I love, pizza, hamburgers as long as I'm smart about it. Plus I forced myself to only drink diet soda when possible, I hate reg diet coke and diet pepsi, but can drink diet cherry coke/pepsi and diet cherry vanilla Dr Pepper.

I have been lifting weights one day and running on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes on the other day.

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Where am I at?
What am I doing?
Where is my buddy Ross P?

Okay, Colonel.... ROFL

I loved that SNL skit where Perot pushed you out of the car, down the mountainside....you were great. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Eric has a woody for commatard....nih-nih-nih-nih-NIH...

Saulbadguy
02-02-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm working out 5-6 times a week and a loose version of weight watchers (have the books and just try to floow them, I'm too poor and cheap to pay someone to make me suffer). My mom lost a lot of weight on it, and after looking at the other diets out there, this one allows me to eat the food I love, pizza, hamburgers as long as I'm smart about it. Plus I forced myself to only drink diet soda when possible, I hate reg diet coke and diet pepsi, but can drink diet cherry coke/pepsi and diet cherry vanilla Dr Pepper.

I have been lifting weights one day and running on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes on the other day.
Define..."smart about it"...

I like ellipticals, but they tighten up my quads to where its almost unbareable in about 3 minutes on the damn thing, even after stretching.

FloridaChief
02-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Eric has a woody for commatard....nih-nih-nih-nih-NIH...

Watch your language, Robert--you know I'm the sensitive type...

:)

...And no, this is not an invitation for an "Anton" bit...

Pants
02-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Her stupidity pisses me off as well, but FC is just an asshole by nature.

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Watch your language, Robert--you know I'm the sensitive type...

:)

...And no, this is not an invitation for an "Anton" bit...

ROFL

morphius
02-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Define..."smart about it"...

I like ellipticals, but they tighten up my quads to where its almost unbareable in about 3 minutes on the damn thing, even after stretching.
Well, you are allowed so many points a day right now I'm in the 24 points a day range, but they also give you 35 flex points that you can use throughout the week. 1 piece of large Pizza is 7 points, pretty much doesn't matter what the topping is, so if you don't eat pizza a lot you can get away with it. Tonight I had a hamburger, but instead of fries I had Wow chips, which you can have a few of those for very few points. Plus there are a couple breads that are 2 slices for 1 point, and I love sandwiches, so it works out well for me.

FloridaChief
02-02-2005, 08:53 PM

Post proof or retract, eater-of-David's-nipple-rings...

Phobia
02-02-2005, 08:53 PM

Nah - it's something he's acquired in the past 6 months or so.

Pants
02-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Post proof or retract, eater-of-David's-nipple-rings...

Search function is off and I'm too lazy. BTW, I wasn't trying to offend you, I was trying to compliment you. You give shit to all the retards without holding back and it's funny.

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Well, you are allowed so many points a day right now I'm in the 24 points a day range, but they also give you 35 flex points that you can use throughout the week. 1 piece of large Pizza is 7 points, pretty much doesn't matter what the topping is, so if you don't eat pizza a lot you can get away with it. Tonight I had a hamburger, but instead of fries I had Wow chips, which you can have a few of those for very few points. Plus there are a couple breads that are 2 slices for 1 point, and I love sandwiches, so it works out well for me.

All I know dude, if you are dieting....I should seriously be considering it.

Of course, I already KNEW that; where's that thread Todd started a while back on Atkins...I may have to dig it out.... :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Nah - it's something he's acquired in the past 6 months or so.

He and I came down with it about the same time as I recall....heh, heh.

FloridaChief
02-02-2005, 08:58 PM

Ah-ha-ha-ha....I think it's spelled--No!!!, You f*cking retards!!!---

...a-b-s-s-

....a-b-s-i-n-eh-t-e....

Pants
02-02-2005, 08:59 PM

I haven't seen that in you. There's plenty of other stuff (not gonna say what, don't wanna hurt your feelings and shit) but being an asshole is not one of them.

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 09:00 PM
I haven't seen that in you. There's plenty of other stuff (not gonna say what, don't wanna hurt your feelings and shit) but being an asshole is not one of them.

I see I'm gonna have to try harder, heh. :)

morphius
02-02-2005, 09:01 PM
All I know dude, if you are dieting....I should seriously be considering it.

Of course, I already KNEW that; where's that thread Todd started a while back on Atkins...I may have to dig it out.... :banghead:
LOL! I'm just tired of being overweight, I know what I used to look like, and I would like to get back there before I get too old.

I thought about Atkins, but I want to have sandwiches and pizza.
Morphius
Only 21 pounds to go...

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Ah-ha-ha-ha....I think it's spelled--No!!!, You f*cking retards!!!---

...a-b-s-s-

....a-b-s-i-n-eh-t-e....

Noo ittts' aabbbssynthe....er, eh abbsyinthye....ere,ehhe whatttevvva

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 09:04 PM
LOL! I'm just tired of being overweight, I know what I used to look like, and I would like to get back there before I get too old.

Morphius
Only 21 pounds to go...

21 lbs? Either you've gained weight since 37Forever, or you are striving for RaderHader (Jamie) land.... :hmmm:

2bikemike
02-02-2005, 09:04 PM
We eat out about 5 or 6 times a week. Depending on our schedules.

Skip Towne
02-02-2005, 09:05 PM
If I'm on the road working I eat out every day. If I'm at home I rarely do.

morphius
02-02-2005, 09:08 PM
SD - Just trying to get back to 175, which is 15 pounds heavier then I was in college. It seems a pretty reasonable weight. If I put on more muscle them I'm expecting then I will not complain that I'm heavier then my goal.

Heck, I twisted an ankle (I have horribly destroyed my ankles over the years) and haven't been able to do the elliptical and only part of my lifting, and still lost 3 pounds.

Morphius at 175...
http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/hon-cbr600-98-bikepics-01185.jpg

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 09:21 PM
SD - Just trying to get back to 175, which is 15 pounds heavier then I was in college. It seems a pretty reasonable weight. If I put on more muscle them I'm expecting then I will not complain that I'm heavier then my goal.

Heck, I twisted an ankle (I have horribly destroyed my ankles over the years) and haven't been able to do the elliptical and only part of my lifting, and still lost 3 pounds.

Morphius at 175...
http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/hon-cbr600-98-bikepics-01185.jpg

Good luck, Morph. Actually I'm tryin' too...funny how our perspective changes; I'd have thought anything above 200, I should go on a diet. Now I'd be pretty dang happy just to get back to that. :banghead:

Nzoner
02-02-2005, 09:33 PM

Morphius
Only 21 pounds to go...

I had sandwiches and pizza on a low carb diet and lost 70 lbs.

Meat lover's thin crust and meat & cheese sandwiches on low carb bread

Of course this was after induction which for me was 3 weeks.

morphius
02-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Good luck, Morph. Actually I'm tryin' too...funny how our perspective changes; I'd have thought anything above 200, I should go on a diet. Now I'd be pretty dang happy just to get back to that. :banghead:
That was my goal a couple years ago when I weighed a few more pounds, but lost most of that just by eating a little less. This is the first time I have actually done any cardio, 'cause I absolutly hate running.

Nzoner - yeah, 3 weeks without bread and pizza I would start fainting from lack of food. I thought about that route long and hard, and just decided it wasn't right for me. Plus I was hoping to take some time to lose the weight, didn't want sagging skin and what not, and the Atkins diet is pretty extreme in how fast you can lose weight.

Nzoner
02-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Nzoner - yeah, 3 weeks without bread and pizza I would start fainting from lack of food. I thought about that route long and hard, and just decided it wasn't right for me. Plus I was hoping to take some time to lose the weight, didn't want sagging skin and what not, and the Atkins diet is pretty extreme in how fast you can lose weight.

I did more of what I like to call Nzoner's low carb as I thought full blown atkins was a bit extreme myself and it took me about 8 months to drop it.

Of course I was still drinking my high carb beer and cheating every Sunday.

Rain Man
02-02-2005, 10:22 PM
In response to the header, I eat out for dinner about four days per week. I eat out for lunch about four days per week. I assumed that we're just talking about dinner, though, so I voted for four.

It's just too easy to grab something from a restaurant any more.

morphius
02-02-2005, 10:26 PM
I did more of what I like to call Nzoner's low carb as I thought full blown atkins was a bit extreme myself and it took me about 8 months to drop it.

Of course I was still drinking my high carb beer and cheating every Sunday.
That makes sense, I know you looked to be in pretty decent shape when I met you.

LTownChief
02-03-2005, 01:18 AM
I eat out at a sit down place probably once every 2 months, I take out a pizza or get fast food maybe 2-3 times per month