PDA

View Full Version : Why is the KcStar doing ads for 610am ?

warpaint99
02-02-2005, 08:29 PM
2nd page on the left above the time schedule.

And why are they not allowing Kcstar reporters to go on any other radio stations other than 610 ?

I heard the Star is afraid of talk radio taking the spotlight from them so they are teaming with 610. Is this true ?

Saulbadguy
02-02-2005, 08:30 PM
This is getting old.

tk13
02-02-2005, 08:41 PM
What's wrong with this? It's cross-promotion and making money. I know Channel 9 has had a deal where they talk about tomorrow's headlines in the KC Star forever, haven't they? I think that's right...at least as far as I can remember... I don't live there so I'm not 100% sure.

morphius
02-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Because they made a business desicion, who knows, 610 could have dropped them some bank to try to improve market share since they were losing to 810 still.

Dayze
02-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I've grown tired of the PM shows on both stations.
Between Keitzman's 'High Horse'
and Whitlocks ridiculous lack of enthusiasm ("Thank you Bill....nice job. Mike...you're in the dog house......good. ....yeah.....Thank you Mike..nice job")

...it's enough to drive a man insane. The only program I can tolerate is the DA show; used to like Franz...but he move timeslots.
Renshaw was lame..(speaking of which..what happened to him?)

Mr. Laz
02-02-2005, 11:13 PM
according to mr. flanagan is not an AD ... it's a promotion.

610 doesn't pay anything for it

flanagan didnt seem to consider it a conflict of interest or anything

personally i do, but :shrug:

BigRedChief
02-02-2005, 11:55 PM
610 am and the Star have cut a deal. Each one of their "beat" writers will appear as guests x number of hours on 610. They are being paid or the Star is being paid. There was an announcement of some kind. They are not hiding the fact that they have chosen sides in the sports talk show radio war.

beavis
02-03-2005, 12:45 AM
610 am and the Star have cut a deal. Each one of their "beat" writers will appear as guests x number of hours on 610. They are being paid or the Star is being paid. There was an announcement of some kind. They are not hiding the fact that they have chosen sides in the sports talk show radio war.
Kietzman hasn't been afraid to lambaste the Star every chance he's gotten here lately either.

beavis
02-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Renshaw was lame..(speaking of which..what happened to him?)
He's on in the evenings now, when isn't preempted by a game or something.