PDA

View Full Version : LB and Defense, THE real answers

KCDOG
02-02-2005, 10:39 PM
My take on this off-season is obviously we need help on D.
The biggest thing we need is Attitude, we are lacking a in your face (man I don’t want to get by that guy player).
Also people are talking about the pass rushing linebackers. I think we need someone to cover TE’s off the line and to be able to jump the slant patterns that would help out our Db’s a lot. Don’t get me wrong we need a DB in FA and we need someone to step up and get in the QB’s face .(besides Allen) Like I said at first we need some mean SOB
To fire up the players we have. I am not talking about a thug but you have to have a few players with that mentality.
Free agents there are some good players that will be out there. As far as the draft I will be happy if we pickup the best LB, DB, DE. That is left on the board. At # 15 there will be a few studs that can come in and make some noise……..

by the way this is my first post on this board,been on the star site for years........

Dayze
02-02-2005, 10:42 PM
by the way this is my first post on this board,been on the star site for years........

Uh oh.
ROFL

Only kidding; welcome.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:42 PM
We need confidence more than anything

I think we are OK on the D Line

We need a true leader at LB

I think we need to get a CB and LB in the first 2 rounds of the draft to add young talent to the D.

We still should try and get a LB and CB in FA as well.

My dream OLB is Peterson from the 49ers, and trotter form Philly.

Mr. Laz
02-02-2005, 10:43 PM
is this the same K-Dog that i used to see hangin' around?

:hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 10:45 PM

Welcome. Yeah, we have a couple of KC Star Board regs who keep us "updated" on the scoop around Arrowhead 1 Drive....

Welcome.... :thumb:

Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Glad to have you on the Planet KCDOG

nychief
02-02-2005, 10:47 PM
welcome

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 05:44 AM
Also people are talking about the pass rushing linebackers. I think we need someone to cover TE’s off the line and to be able to jump the slant patterns that would help out our Db’s a lot.

Sounds like it was pulled directly from Keyaron Fox' scouting reports last year.

whoman69
02-03-2005, 06:10 AM
We need someone who will take it as a personal affront that the D sucks. Too many of our guys used the getting used to the new scheme excuse last year. The scheme is set to be agressive, but many times we had to make an overagressive call just to get the agression we need. Jared Allen could be that guy, but we are sorely lacking in LB who want to make a hit and have the speed to do so. We need someone who will punish the opposition. We need someone to take responsibility, a true leader.

Scanfan55
02-03-2005, 07:19 AM
We need someone who will take it as a personal affront that the D sucks. Too many of our guys used the getting used to the new scheme excuse last year. The scheme is set to be agressive, but many times we had to make an overagressive call just to get the agression we need. Jared Allen could be that guy, but we are sorely lacking in LB who want to make a hit and have the speed to do so. We need someone who will punish the opposition. We need someone to take responsibility, a true leader.

Um. Has anyone ever read about Scanlon?
http://www.dailyorange.com/news/2003/09/30/Sports/Rich-Scanlons.Back.To.Doing.What.He.Wants.Most.Winning-507895.shtml

|Zach|
02-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Um. Has anyone ever read about Scanlon?
http://www.dailyorange.com/news/2003/09/30/Sports/Rich-Scanlons.Back.To.Doing.What.He.Wants.Most.Winning-507895.shtml
Will you be around when he his cut? If he wasn't given a chance with the 2004 Chiefs Linebacking core then he may never get one. I have no idea what more a backup could ask for in a starting unit in terms of getting a shot at the field.

Scanfan55
02-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Will you be around when he his cut? If he wasn't given a chance with the 2004 Chiefs Linebacking core then he may never get one. I have no idea what more a backup could ask for in a starting unit in terms of getting a shot at the field.

I honestly don't know what you are talking about. He was moved from the practice squad to the active roster. He played ST in several games. He has been allocated to NFL-E (obviously the chiefs want to invest capital in him). So, what exactly gives you the indication he will be cut? :jester:

|Zach|
02-03-2005, 07:47 AM
I honestly don't know what you are talking about. He was moved from the practice squad to the active roster. He played ST in several games. He has been allocated to NFL-E (obviously the chiefs want to invest capital in him). So, what exactly gives you the indication he will be cut? :jester:
He would have been had it not been for injuries...

My question to you is...is there a situation that could have been better for him?

We was a backup on what could possibly be one of the worst defenses on the NFL but couldn't but didn't show the coaches enough to let him see the field at LB. I appreciate all of his penalties on special teams and all but its quite amazing he didn't get any playing time...doesn't say much for his ability.

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm not going to dismiss ANYBODY at this point, even Scanlon.

This head coach has already proven that he's not above leaving people on the bench just because he wants it that way...

chiefz
02-03-2005, 08:26 AM
Yes, a leader at middle linebacker, ANY sort of pass rusher from the left end, someone that does a better job plugging up the middle (Sims obviously isn't cutting it, hopefully Junior will step up) and a big physical corner opposite Warfield that can jam receivers off the line and give a couple of extra seconds to the pass rushers to get to the QB before he unloads one for a big gain.

crossbow
02-03-2005, 08:26 AM
You are calling for DT. This defense has been soft ever since DT died. He was the leader. He was the key to the whole thing. I agree totaly with you. We need a player like he was.

Oxford
02-03-2005, 09:41 AM
You are calling for DT. This defense has been soft ever since DT died. He was the leader. He was the key to the whole thing. I agree totaly with you. We need a player like he was.

He was a playmaker, talent is one thing, but put desire and drive with it and you have a playmaker. It is amazing in the NFL what 1 second means on any given play. Recognition of a play, recognition of the proper hole to run to, 1 second from sacking the QB etc. Pressure on the QB, or just making him hesitate will make all the difference in the pass defense.