PDA

View Full Version : Who was your best man?

Hammock Parties
02-03-2005, 08:57 PM
And why? If you didn't have one, or one was chosen for you, also explain.

Over-Head
02-03-2005, 09:08 PM
You just got through saying you were never getting married in the divorce thread, why do you care? :hmmm:
Did ya pop the question to Queen Amadala or something?

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:09 PM
I had by brother. He's like my best bud and not really like a brother. Plus my best friend was in the middle east workign and we didn't know if he could make it back.

BroWhippendiddle
02-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Richard Stanley Smith

Hammock Parties
02-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Also, share any experiences where you were the best man.

siberian khatru
02-03-2005, 09:18 PM
A good friend and co-worker. Although he's moved away and we now pretty much only exchange Christmas cards. A groomsman is today a much closer friend, and I kind of wish I'd picked him.

This being the South, most men pick their fathers. Maybe I should've picked my Dad. Hell, I guess I just fugged it up. Better divorce the wife and try to get it right next time.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:19 PM
I was best man in my buddys wedding, and we went golfing that morning. All the groomsmen were bright ass red with sun burns. The bride was really pissed and it was all hoover's fault because I organized the golf outting, plus we were all hammered. She still doesn't like me. I think they are headed for a divorce anyway.

morphius
02-03-2005, 09:22 PM
My best friend was my Best Man, I don't have any brothers so I didn't have to worry about upsetting one. Since then I have moved to KC and him to Denver, but we still talk over IM a few times a week and he comes out here to visit when he can, plus his Dad lives out here too, which is cool.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:26 PM
My best friend was my Best Man, I don't have any brothers so I didn't have to worry about upsetting one. Since then I have moved to KC and him to Denver, but we still talk over IM a few times a week and he comes out here to visit when he can, plus his Dad lives out here too, which is cool.
I ahve two brothers, the one I didn't pick hates everyone who gets married. i don't thkn he will ever get married. He goes on dates with his married ex. Wierd

Spott
02-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Didn't have one. I Got married in Vegas at the same place where Michael Jordan got married without any friends or relatives around. I could have shelled out like 30 extra bucks at the time and had an Elvis impersonator show up and be the best man, but I never liked Elvis that much. Now it they would have had a Jimi Hendrix impersonator, I might have payed the extra money for it.

morphius
02-03-2005, 09:28 PM
I ahve two brothers, the one I didn't pick hates everyone who gets married. i don't thkn he will ever get married. He goes on dates with his married ex. Wierd
Hmmm, sounds a bit like my best man, LOL!

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Hmmm, sounds a bit like my best man, LOL!
Was his name Dave? :d

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Heartwarming story.
yep, he doesn't want kids, she does

morphius
02-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Was his name Dave? :d
LOL! Nope. He actually doesn't hate marriage, but I doubt any women can keep his attention long enough to get them to marry them. Its bad enough that I haven't even bothered to learn any of his girlfriends names in the last 4 years, there just isn't a need to. Him and his ex probably had more sex after the divorce then they did during the marriage, its just so odd.

J Diddy
02-03-2005, 11:45 PM
First marriage, best man was a good friend but not my best friend. That marriage lasted all of 3 months. Second marriage, best man was my best friend, been married 3 years on the 18th.

Hell, I figured the first best man was such a jinx I didn't even invite him to the second ceremony.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 11:47 PM
LOL! Nope. He actually doesn't hate marriage, but I doubt any women can keep his attention long enough to get them to marry them. Its bad enough that I haven't even bothered to learn any of his girlfriends names in the last 4 years, there just isn't a need to. Him and his ex probably had more sex after the divorce then they did during the marriage, its just so odd.
I always make jokes in front of my mom that he is really gay, it pisses her off.

PastorMikH
02-03-2005, 11:48 PM
My best man was my best friend. I was also his best man too. Too bad he picked the wife he did. Took her a good 8-10 years but she finally killed our friendship. I haven't talked to him in about 3 years even though I have tried to contact him a few tiems. In fact, I've lost two friends to wives that demanded all of their husband's attention and were jealous of the time they spent with friends.

Hoover
02-04-2005, 12:06 AM
My best man was my best friend. I was also his best man too. Too bad he picked the wife he did. Took her a good 8-10 years but she finally killed our friendship. I haven't talked to him in about 3 years even though I have tried to contact him a few tiems. In fact, I've lost two friends to wives that demanded all of their husband's attention and were jealous of the time they spent with friends.
Thats too bad. Gals need to trust that going out with the guys doesn't mean we are drinking and picking up women.

Phobia
02-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Thats too bad. Gals need to trust that going out with the guys doesn't mean we are drinking and picking up women.

Yeah..... seriously?

Nzoner
02-04-2005, 12:10 AM

Same here,only it was more like 4 years and she had him wrapped around her finger.

Hoover
02-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah..... seriously?
Heck I started golfing with our pastor so my wife wouldn't give me crap for being gone all afternoon on Saturdays.

Mile High Mania
02-04-2005, 06:27 AM

I've had a few friends that adjusted all too well and all too easilty to being locked down by the wife after getting married. Sad actually, it appears their wives really did take their balls on the wedding night. Ah well....

My wife is pretty good about letting me hang with the guys now and then, but with 2 little kids... it's not like I get that chance too often. It's not really a major issue, b/c aside from 2-3 friends, most of my "drinking buddies from the old days" are either having or have had kids recently.

Back to topic though... my little brother was supposed to be my best man, but he just accepted a job as a fireman and was in training. So, one of my best friends was my best man and I had been his the year prior. I think I've been in 10 or 11 freaking weddings since college and the best man in 3 or 4. That's a lot of effing money on tux rentals, but some bad ass bachelor parties.

Otter
02-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Should I ever get married one of my brothers is going to be my best man. Too many friends on the same level.

Rain Man
02-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I had no best man. I was afraid that if I did, he would have me killed so he could step in during the wedding ceremony.

Well, that and I had just moved to Texas and didn't know a soul. The wife and I went down to the courthouse and then sent out announcements to anybody who might have an interest in knowing.

Interestingly, I've never been a best man, either. I think they don't trust me to not lose the ring.