PDA

View Full Version : Pats/Iggles Super Bowl: Who Takes Home the Prize?

Amnorix
02-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Whaddya think? Poll forthcoming.

Skip Towne
02-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Who cares? :shrug:

Hammock Parties
02-04-2005, 07:50 AM
I think the Patriots are way way WAY overdue to have their bubble burst. The Eagles are pretty much the only team that can do it, and they will.

cdcox
02-04-2005, 07:51 AM
The Pats.

I am even going to root for them for the following reasons:

1. AFC team (does not apply when the Raiders, Donks, Manning-Colts, or Dolphins are playing).
2. I want as many NFL fans (other than KC) to be miserable as possible. Pats fans are going to be pretty happy with the last 4 year win or lose. Philly's curse should continue another 100 years or so.

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 07:59 AM
I think the Patriots are way way WAY overdue to have their bubble burst. The Eagles are pretty much the only team that can do it, and they will.

Care to put a 1 month sig bet on that goat boy? :hmmm:

Amnorix
02-04-2005, 07:59 AM

Well, me and Cadmonkey, for starters. :)

KCFalcon59
02-04-2005, 08:05 AM
The Patriots will win because they have a better defense, a more diverse offense, and they just don't make many mistakes. Brady is very cool and won't be flustered in the pocket. Dillon should have a good game. I figure TO will get hurt before the first half is over. If he plays that is.

Amnorix
02-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Hey, uhh, GoChiefs -- what's your avy about??

:spock:

RNR
02-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Nothing but a gut feeling. Eagles in a upset.

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 08:11 AM
I’m still pissed over the pat’s knocking us out over that damn “Tuck Rule”. Not to mention I just hate new england with a passion. (The area not the team, and after trucking through it for 15 years i'm pritty sure my feelings had time to fester)

That said, their (and god it pain’s me to say this) about the best “well rounded” team to come along in ages. :banghead:
They can shut down the run, Stop the pass, and light it up out there.
It’s pretty evident that the “Crash and burn” expected by the masses when Bledsoe was let lose has not happened, nor will any time soon. :shake:

I’d dearly love to see the Eagles wipe the mat with them, unfortunately I just can’t see it happening. It’s gonna be like their first trip to the big show when the Raiderz welcomed them to the slaughter.
Brady’s grandmother died in the last 48hrs , he has that much more reason to “prove a point”.

Either way I'll casually glance at the game while watching some movies etc, UNLESS Philly somehow manages to conjur up some magic and stick it to "Brady and the chowwwda-howwwnds"

Amnorix
02-04-2005, 08:23 AM
I’m still pissed over the pat’s knocking us out over that damn “Tuck Rule”. Not to mention I just hate new england with a passion. (The area not the team, and after trucking through it for 15 years i'm pritty sure my feelings had time to fester)

That said, their (and god it pain’s me to say this) about the best “well rounded” team to come along in ages. :banghead:
They can shut down the run, Stop the pass, and light it up out there.
It’s pretty evident that the “Crash and burn” expected by the masses when Bledsoe was let lose has not happened, nor will any time soon. :shake:

I’d dearly love to see the Eagles wipe the mat with them, unfortunately I just can’t see it happening. It’s gonna be like their first trip to the big show when the Raiderz welcomed them to the slaughter.
Brady’s grandmother died in the last 48hrs , he has that much more reason to “prove a point”.

Either way I'll casually glance at the game while watching some movies etc, UNLESS Philly somehow manages to conjur up some magic and stick it to "Brady and the chowwwda-howwwnds"

Your grudging respect is appreciated.

It truly is the best of times for the Patriots and their fans.

cdcox
02-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Your grudging respect is appreciated.

It truly is the best of times for the Patriots and their fans.

Enjoy it while you can. Once the run is over, it is unlikely that your team will be able to recapture the magic in the bottle to this extent again during your lifetime. Its only downhill from here, baby. :p

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-04-2005, 08:29 AM
I second that.... but I'm picking the Pats.

Amnorix
02-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Enjoy it while you can. Once the run is over, it is unlikely that your team will be able to recapture the magic in the bottle to this extent again during your lifetime. Its only downhill from here, baby. :p

I definitely recognize this. I was a teenager when the Celtics were in their Bird/McHale/Parrish heydey, and thought those good times would last forever.

I'm older and wiser now. I'm taping EVERY Patriots game. I'm extremely thankful for what the Patriots have now, and am determined to enjoy every minute of it.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Hey, uhh, GoChiefs -- what's your avy about??

:spock:

Look up "Kroenen."

Eleazar
02-04-2005, 08:31 AM
It'll be the Patriots and it won't be close.

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 08:33 AM
I definitely recognize this. I was a teenager when the Celtics were in their Bird/McHale/Parrish heydey, and thought those good times would last forever.

I'm older and wiser now. I'm taping EVERY Patriots game. I'm extremely thankful for what the Patriots have now, and am determined to enjoy every minute of it.

I'm basically the same way.
I still love my raiderz win or lose :thumb:

And even though I never watch basketball anymore, I used to be a huge Celtics fan as a kid.
Man oh man, when mom took me to the Gardens and we talked the security guard into letting us watch the practice one morning, is a memory i'll never forget.

Larry Bird's 3 point fade away jump was truly a work of art. :drool:

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 08:34 AM
Look up "Kroenen."

How about that sig bet???

Nzoner
02-04-2005, 08:34 AM

Around here literally no one is talking about the game which is very unusual,not to mention I'm having my worst Superbowl party turnout ever.Add that to sponsors being nervous about what kind of commercials they should run for fear of pissing someone off(i.e. the Bud commercial) and oh well.

I'm pulling for the Pats.

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 08:37 AM
They just showed one of the commercials that WONT be airing up here on Canadian tv, (unless your watching it via satellite from American feed) It was a MasterCard one.
It’s got a whole bunch of animated commercial characters having dinner. The Pillsbury dough boy, jolly green giant, Mr. Clean, Charley the tuna from Highliner , prittty cute actually.

siberian khatru
02-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Patsies 27-17

RNR
02-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Around here literally no one is talking about the game which is very unusual,not to mention I'm having my worst Superbowl party turnout ever.Add that to sponsors being nervous about what kind of commercials they should run for fear of pissing someone off(i.e. the Bud commercial) and oh well.

I'm pulling for the Pats.
It is kind of wild, nobody really seems to care this year. There are no big parties that I have heard of, even the local bars are yawning at it.

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 08:46 AM
It is kind of wild, nobody really seems to care this year. There are no big parties that I have heard of, even the local bars are yawning at it.

Down town St. JOhn's is going ape shit over it.
But then again all a "Newfie" needs is a reason to have a party. They wake up in the morning , look in the mirror and say:
"Da lard tunder'n jezzuz Marrrtah! i'ms alive! Pass us over da bought'l will ye?"

Hammock Parties
02-04-2005, 08:56 AM
How about that sig bet???

No.

cadmonkey
02-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Well, me and Cadmonkey, for starters. :)

THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoover
02-04-2005, 08:59 AM
If TO is 90% I think Philly has a good shot, but since we don't know I have to say the Pats win.

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 09:00 AM
No.

Chicken shit! :p