PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Broadcast Today at 11 am CST on...

Herzig
02-05-2005, 09:38 AM
NFL Network and ESPN News. Just a heads up for everyone here.

Keep your fingers crossed for Derrick...almost 5 years to the day of his passing. :thumb:

Bowser
02-05-2005, 09:44 AM
If he'd just gotten ONE Super Bowl victory, it would be a no brainer. Derrick was one of those rare players that could decide the outcome of games all by himself. It will be interesting to hear the explanation if he doesn't make it in.

Herzig
02-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Bumpity-Bump.

T minus 19 minutes.

chief52
02-05-2005, 10:45 AM
He dominated at his position for an extended amount of time. To me, that is the definition of being a Hall of Famer. He should get in!

KCFalcon59
02-05-2005, 10:47 AM
I hope he makes it. I will be there if he does.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-05-2005, 10:47 AM
I can get it on NFL network but, now on ESPN2 it's Wisconsin@Minnesota at 11

Herzig
02-05-2005, 10:52 AM
You can watch it here too.

http://www.profootballhof.com/

Opps. I made a mistake in the Topic Thread...It's on ESPN NEWS.

Herzig
02-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Just put on #58 for good luck.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Dammit! Metro Sports is not showing ESPN News, ESPN2 is showing Wisconsin B-Ball, and some team from Kansas is hoggin ESPN. Gonna need updates, por favor.

FloridaChief
02-05-2005, 11:06 AM
It's on ESPN NEWS.

No, it's not.

Herzig
02-05-2005, 11:06 AM
You can watch it here too.

Opps. I made a mistake in the Topic Thread...It's on ESPN NEWS.

Watch it live here if you don't have ESPN News or NFL Network. There's a delay for some reason and it hasn't started yet.

DTLB58
02-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Just put on #58 for good luck.

Me too!

VonneMarie
02-05-2005, 11:07 AM
So, they're only showing it on NFL Network?

Bowser
02-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Watch it live here if you don't have ESPN News or NFL Network. There's a delay for some reason and it hasn't started yet.

Cool, thanks!

FloridaChief
02-05-2005, 11:08 AM

apparently.

Nzoner
02-05-2005, 11:09 AM

The banners at the top of each channel say Super Bowl Press Conference but nothing yet.

VonneMarie
02-05-2005, 11:09 AM
apparently.
Not.

Nzoner
02-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Here we go

Herzig
apparently.

Look in the lower right hand corner of ESPN News..It says.."Pro Football HOF selections ahead"

FloridaChief
No, it's not.

It's on ESPNNews NOW...

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Obviously I hope he makes it, but I'll be surprised if he does... at least this year.

FloridaChief
02-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Obviously I hope he makes it, but I'll be surprised if he does... at least this year.

Me as well...

FloridaChief
02-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Hope the hell I'm wrong...

Herzig
02-05-2005, 11:13 AM
He at least made the top 10

Top six coming..

JazzzLovr
02-05-2005, 11:14 AM
:deevee:

DTLB58
Crap! :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :mad: :mad:

Herzig
DAMN!! Didn't make it.. :banghead:

The Bad Guy
Nope he didn't make it.

HolmeZz
MOTHER****ERS.

FloridaChief
Sucks...

E@SHSU
02-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Sorry guys, we'll have to try again next year.

Bowser
Who DID make it?

VonneMarie
Dang. :sulk:

E@SHSU
02-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Marino, Young...

E@SHSU
02-05-2005, 11:17 AM
You'd think they would give it to him since it's almost five years to the day of his passing

FloridaChief
Marino, Young...

Bennie Friedman and Fritz Pollard

Herzig
Who DID make it?

Marino, Young, Bennie Friedman, Fritz Pollard

E@SHSU
02-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Well, at least that jack-ass Irvin didn't go in either. Motherf*ckers. I can't believe this. I hate the month of Feb!

Bowser
02-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Marino, Young, Bennie Friedman, Fritz Pollard

Only four? There needs to be an explanation as to why Derrick was not deemed to have the qualifications fro a first ballot entry. I bet Steve Young still has bruises from that safety Thomas gave him in '94. Ask him and Marino if they think Derrick is a HOF'er.

Crappola.

FloridaChief
Well, at least that jack-ass Irvin didn't go in either. Motherf*ckers.

I'm quite suprised. Unfortunately, this is only going to make DT's chances of going into the HOF that much harder next year...

chiefs4me
What a bunch of stupid Mother f@@kers...

chief52
02-05-2005, 11:21 AM
So Irvin and Carson were the two that got dropped after six if I remember correctly. I think DT will get in, but it looks like it may take a while. Some guys have something about "getting in on the first vote". I really do not get it. You are either worthy or not IMO.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 11:21 AM
What a bunch of stupid Mother f@@kers...

Your E-Mail came back as undeliverable.

chief52
02-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm quite suprised. Unfortunately, this is only going to make DT's chances of going into the HOF that much harder next year...

I do not really think so. Some times voters only want the sure fire HOFers to get in on the first vote.

Nzoner
02-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Well, at least that jack-ass Irvin didn't go in either.

Agreed :thumb:

E@SHSU
02-05-2005, 11:24 AM
The next five years are going to be really, really bad. Thanks to the idiocy of the HoF, they're going to have to screw over another great player who should go in his first year to get Derrick in. I can't believe this and I don't know why I'm so upset. I knew he wouldn't make it in-but I wanted it so badly.

FloridaChief
02-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I do not really think so. Some times voters only want the sure fire HOFers to get in on the first vote.

Next years class of eligibles is loaded. And Ervin will still be there, too...

E@SHSU
02-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Next year has Troy....who else

chiefs4me
02-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Your E-Mail came back as undeliverable.

Thanks I will try again...Bunch of stupid mother f@@kers...ROFL

beavis
02-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Probably want Irvin to in with him.

Herzig
02-05-2005, 11:28 AM
You BASTARDS!!! nlm :# 4321

Bowser
02-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks I will try again...Bunch of stupid mother f@@kers...ROFL

I see you started a "Gimme Some Rep" thread..........

E@SHSU
02-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Yeah that would be a great sports story, "A pair of Twins in the Hall" I know maybe the Hall will make them wait until the 2010 until Emmitt gets in. Then Derrick can have their spots.

I'm not going to get my hopes up anymore. THis is awful. The only time I will get excited is if I am in Canton and can see them induct him in there personally. Otherwise I won't believe it. It might be NFL propapganda designed to fool us.

SCTrojan
02-05-2005, 11:37 AM

Looking at it - Aikman, Warren Moon, Reggie White, and Thurman Thomas. I think the voters have the potential to put all of those guys in.

I want Derrick to get in. I believe he deserves to be in. I just think we'll be discussing this situation for a couple of years to come.

Frazod
02-05-2005, 11:39 AM
:cuss:

This sucks. DT didn't make it, plus I'll have to listen to the Chicago media endlessly whining about Dent not making it.

F#CKERS:

:cuss:

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Fug them all. Next year ought to be an attitude year for our Defense. They simply cannot continue to play in the Shadow of DT, they need to honor him by kicking some mutha fuggin ass.

Gun simply ought to show everyone on our D what Derrick was all about with about a 3 hour tape session, then fuggin put his number back on our helmets and go out there and say, not our D, this if for Derrick getting dissed at the Hall.

I'm out.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Looking at it - Aikman, Warren Moon, Reggie White, and Thurman Thomas. I think the voters have the potential to put all of those guys in.

I want Derrick to get in. I believe he deserves to be in. I just think we'll be discussing this situation for a couple of years to come.

The first thing I think of when I hear the name Thurman Thomas is Super Bowl fumbles. Might not be fair, but that is what it is.

Oh. That, and Barry Sanders' bitch.

chiefs4me
02-05-2005, 11:41 AM
I see you started a "Gimme Some Rep" thread..........

ROFL yep give me more baby...All I did was start a thread wishing someone happy birthday and my 3 freaking stalkers and the planet drunk won't leave me alone. But it doesn't bother me all that much...I look hot in red and it's my favorite color.:thumb:

chief52
02-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Next years class of eligibles is loaded. And Ervin will still be there, too...

They are all loaded...

Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, Andre Reed, Deion Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Reggie White

Terrell Davis, Jamal Anderson, Randall Cunningham, Eric Allen, Carnell Lake, Bruce Matthews, Ricky Watters and Tony Boselli

Cris Carter, Lomas Brown, Jumbo Elliott, Darrell Green, Richmond Webb

Shannon Sharpe, John Randle, Bruce Smith, Rod Woodson, Gary Anderson, Larry Centers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/dr_z/08/04/hall.column/

Bowser
02-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Not to nit-pick, but Deion Sanders will not be elligible for the Hall until 2009 or 2010, since he suited up and played a down this year.

FloridaChief
02-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I look hot in red and it's my favorite color.:thumb:

Red is the traditional color of whores, is it not? Yeah, I thought so...

E@SHSU
02-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Okay....Problems with people in a few of those classes

2006:
Deion Sanders- he's still playing!!! THat can't be legal. He still has 5 more years in my opinion. What is the deal on that. Can you have an active player in the HoF?

Terrell Davis- Yes, he had a few good seasons. But he only played like 4 seasons right? I don't know but I remember he kind of fell apart in 98

Shannon Sharpe- I will renounce all faith in the NFL if this jackass gets in before DT.

chief52
02-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Okay....Problems with people in a few of those classes

2006:
Deion Sanders- he's still playing!!! THat can't be legal. He still has 5 more years in my opinion. What is the deal on that. Can you have an active player in the HoF?

Terrell Davis- Yes, he had a few good seasons. But he only played like 4 seasons right? I don't know but I remember he kind of fell apart in 98

Shannon Sharpe- I will renounce all faith in the NFL if this jackass gets in before DT.

It was just a article I found obviously written before the season. It in no way implies they are all going to get in, but it gives you an idea of the best in the class.

Boardin Bronco
02-05-2005, 12:18 PM
The first thing I think of when I hear the name Thurman Thomas is Super Bowl fumbles. Might not be fair, but that is what it is.

Oh. That, and Barry Sanders' bitch.

If Scott Norwood hits that FG, Thurman Thomas is the MVP of XXV.

In the four Super Bowl appearances by the Bills, Thurman Thomas had the best individual performance of any player.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 12:24 PM
If Scott Norwood hits that FG, Thurman Thomas is the MVP of XXV.

In the four Super Bowl appearances by the Bills, Thurman Thomas had the best individual performance of any player.

You're right. If Norwood doesn't pee down his leg, it's a whole other story.

I guess I could have said I think of him looking for his helmet.........:D

Boardin Bronco
02-05-2005, 12:25 PM
They are all loaded...

Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, Andre Reed, Deion Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Reggie White

Terrell Davis, Jamal Anderson, Randall Cunningham, Eric Allen, Carnell Lake, Bruce Matthews, Ricky Watters and Tony Boselli

Shannon Sharpe, John Randle, Bruce Smith, Rod Woodson, Gary Anderson, Larry Centers.

2006: Reggie White is guaranteed. Aikman doesn't have the longevity you like to see in QBs with big numbers, but his Super Bowls will get him in. Warren Moon is one of the most underappreciated QBs ever and is every bit of a HOF as Steve Young/Jim Kelly. He will get in.

I think Andre Reed is a better choice than Michael Irvin. Longer career and better productivity. Irvin gets so much hype because he played for the 90s Cowboys. Thurman Thomas might have to wait a few years, but he is deserving.

2007: I think Bruce Matthews will be the only one to get in. Maybe Carnell Lake sometime down the road.

2008: Cris Carter and Darrell Green. The others have no shot.

2009: Sharpe, Bruce Smith and Woodson are locks. The rest have no shot except Gary Anderson might once he officially retires.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 12:34 PM
They are all loaded...

The ****ing voting is stupid. Sometimes it's stats, sometimes it's Super Bowl rings...

Of that list, the only 1st-ballot HoFers are Aikman, White, Green, Sharpe, Smith, Anderson, and Woodson. None of the rest are Hall-worthy.

Neither is Steve Young for that matter.

Boardin Bronco
02-05-2005, 12:42 PM
The ****ing voting is stupid. Sometimes it's stats, sometimes it's Super Bowl rings...

Of that list, the only 1st-ballot HoFers are Aikman, White, Green, Sharpe, Smith, Anderson, and Woodson. None of the rest are Hall-worthy.

What about Warren Moon? He was the QB for the Washington Huskies in 1979 leading them to the Rose Bowl and didn't get a shot to play in the NFL until 1984 because of the color of his skin. Can you imagine his career numbers if he had 4 more years? Sorry, Moon is a Hall of Famer.

Can you think of a better offensive line candidate than Bruce Matthews?

Even though I think he's overrated, Cris Carter only has the second most TD receptions in NFL history. Yeah, he's not worthy of the Hall of Fame.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 12:42 PM

Allright. Out with it. I'm no Steve Young honk, but the guy is a two time league MVP, and a Super Bowl MVP. Sounds pretty HOF worthy if you ask me.

So what's your beef with him?

Boardin Bronco
02-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Allright. Out with it. I'm no Steve Young honk, but the guy is a two time league MVP, and a Super Bowl MVP. Sounds pretty HOF worthy if you ask me.

Steve Young is also the all-time leader in passer efficiency.

KC Jones
02-05-2005, 12:47 PM
2 things hurt Thomas:

1) Being a liability against the run early in his career. I'm one that believed he developed into a more complete LB in his latter years, but sadly we were all robbed of seeing him finish his career.

2) No SBs, and of the one AFC Championship he was benched due to the issue above.

Boardin Bronco
02-05-2005, 12:58 PM
2 things hurt Thomas:

2) No SBs, and of the one AFC Championship he was benched due to the issue above.

That's what I despise about the NFL voters. They heavily factor in team accomplishments into HOF credentials. If you look at the HOF, a good number of inductees played on famous, well-known championship teams.

What I hate most about the football voting process, 40 egotistical know-it-all football writers get together behind closed doors and there is no record of their conversation and no actual record of their votes.

The process would be a lot better if they took the example from the baseball writers, added a hundred more voters, had their votes made public so there is accountability.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 01:01 PM
What about Warren Moon? He was the QB for the Washington Huskies in 1979 leading them to the Rose Bowl and didn't get a shot to play in the NFL until 1984 because of the color of his skin. Can you imagine his career numbers if he had 4 more years? Sorry, Moon is a Hall of Famer.

Can you think of a better offensive line candidate than Bruce Matthews?

Even though I think he's overrated, Cris Carter only has the second most TD receptions in NFL history. Yeah, he's not worthy of the Hall of Fame.

I said FIRST BALLOT.

IMO, Warren Moon is a compiler. He was NEVER "special", he was just "really good" for a long, long time.

Matthews deserves to be in the HoF, but not on the 1st ballot. Same with Chris Carter.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 01:03 PM

Steve Young was utterly pedestrian until he got to the 49ers. Once he was surrounded with a GREAT TEAM, he played well.

Steve Young rode the coattails of the team Joe Montana built.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 01:03 PM
That's what I despise about the NFL voters. They heavily factor in team accomplishments into HOF credentials. If you look at the HOF, a good number of inductees played on famous, well-known championship teams.

What I hate most about the football voting process, 40 egotistical know-it-all football writers get together behind closed doors and there is no record of their conversation and no actual record of their votes.

The process would be a lot better if they took the example from the baseball writers, added a hundred more voters, had their votes made public so there is accountability.

That's the reason Thomas failed to make it.

Peter King carries a TON of weight with the rest of the voters. He said no to Thomas and the rest of them fell into line.

mikey23545
02-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Steve Young was utterly pedestrian until he got to the 49ers. Once he was surrounded with a GREAT TEAM, he played well.

Steve Young rode the coattails of the team Joe Montana built.

This may be the most retarded football post in the history of mankind.

It is definitely first ballot material for the DAHOF.....

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 01:22 PM
This may be the most retarded football post in the history of mankind.

It is definitely first ballot material for the DAHOF.....

So you're saying that Steve Young performed like a HoF QB prior to playing for the 49ers?

Better go look up those stats again. It's not me who's retarded.

kansas hawk
02-05-2005, 01:26 PM
2006 is doable White and Aikman will get in. the rest i am not sure of

mikey23545
02-05-2005, 01:28 PM
So you're saying that Steve Young performed like a HoF QB prior to playing for the 49ers?

WTF has what he did before he got to the 49ers got to do with it? HE WAS WITH THE TAMPA BAY YUCCANEERS before that and they were still the most incompetent team in football at that time.

You're saying with a straight face that his TB stint therefore invalidates all the games won, all the passing titles, all the Super Bowl wins, all the incredible runs he accomplished?!?!?!

I need to stop talking about this. I fear my internal cranial pressure is building to a point where it is not only a danger to myself, but to those in my immediate vicinity.

Rausch
02-05-2005, 01:30 PM

Steve Young had FOUR good years in the NFL. That's it.

The rest were sub-20 TD years, incompletes due to injury, and backing up Montana...

http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/young/stats.html

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 01:32 PM
WTF has what he did before he got to the 49ers got to do with it? HE WAS WITH THE TAMPA BAY YUCCANEERS before that and they were still the most incompetent team in football at that time.

You're saying with a straight face that his TB stint therefore invalidates all the games won, all the passing titles, all the Super Bowl wins, all the incredible runs he accomplished?!?!?!

I need to stop talking about this. I fear my internal cranial pressure is building to a point where it is not only a danger to myself, but to those in my immediate vicinity.

I just love this logic:

Steve Young played bad in Tampa Bay because TAMPA BAY was bad, even though Steve Young was good.

Steve Young played good in San Francisco because STEVE YOUNG was good, even though San Francisco was one of the most dominant teams in football BEFORE he got there.

Keep trying.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Steve Young had FOUR good years in the NFL. That's it.

The rest were sub-20 TD years, incompletes due to injury, and backing up Montana...

http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/young/stats.html

Exactly.

His years without Jerry Rice and the rest he threw almost twice as many INTs as TDs.

If Steve Young is a HoFer, so is Trent Dilfer. He sucked in Tampa and went to a good team and won a Super Bowl.

mikey23545
02-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I just love this logic:

Steve Young played bad in Tampa Bay because TAMPA BAY was bad, even though Steve Young was good.

Steve Young played good in San Francisco because STEVE YOUNG was good, even though San Francisco was one of the most dominant teams in football BEFORE he got there.

Keep trying.

You're not even seriously trying.

Tampa Bay was a pathetic joke of a team long before Young got there, and for many years after he left. I am stunned by your "reasoning".

whoman69
02-05-2005, 01:35 PM
DT was not going to get in because of the notion, deserved or not, that he could not stop stop the run. I think that the problem was mostly later in his career when he was playing more and end position than linebacker. I think some serious campaigning is going to be needed to get him in.

BigMeatballDave
02-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Shouldn't TJ be in with his usual classless DT comments?

mikey23545
02-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Exactly.

His years without Jerry Rice and the rest he threw almost twice as many INTs as TDs.

If Steve Young is a HoFer, so is Trent Dilfer. He sucked in Tampa and went to a good team and won a Super Bowl.

Does Trent Dilfer hold the career passing rating record too?

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 02:01 PM
You're not even seriously trying.

Tampa Bay was a pathetic joke of a team long before Young got there, and for many years after he left. I am stunned by your "reasoning".

It's your reasoning that's flawed. I already pointed that out. And I noticed that you immediately switched gears instead of trying to defend it.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 02:06 PM
As for passer rating, who cares?

Did Steve Young change the game? Was Steve Young a guy who you had to gameplan for? Did Steve Young distinguish himself in a special way somehow from the other players at his position?

No, no, and no.

Steve Young was an effective QB. He was a very effective QB.

A Hall of Famer he is not.

Rausch
02-05-2005, 02:10 PM
As for passer rating, who cares?

Did Steve Young change the game? Was Steve Young a guy who you had to gameplan for? Did Steve Young distinguish himself in a special way somehow from the other players at his position?

No, no, and no.

Steve Young was an effective QB. He was a very effective QB.

A Hall of Famer he is not.

If that's not enough evidence, look at the numbers of Steve Bono and Elvis Girlbac as 49'ers. They were there the same time as young, and both looked great throwing to Young's 49'ers...

tk13
02-05-2005, 02:12 PM
I would agree that Young got a lot of hype, but I think it's understated to say he couldn't change the game or didn't have to be gameplanned for....

shaneo69
02-05-2005, 02:20 PM
If that's not enough evidence, look at the numbers of Steve Bono and Elvis Girlbac as 49'ers. They were there the same time as young, and both looked great throwing to Young's 49'ers...

IIRC, the mayor of SF called Grbac an "embarrassment to mankind" when he was there.

Rausch
02-05-2005, 02:21 PM
IIRC, the mayor of SF called Grbac an "embarrassment to mankind" when he was there.

And he was right. But he still looked good throwing to Rice behind a stacked line...

BigMeatballDave
02-05-2005, 02:22 PM
ROFL

chiefs4me
02-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Red is the traditional color of whores, is it not? Yeah, I thought so...

I wouldn't know...but sounds like you do.:harumph:

J Diddy
02-05-2005, 02:39 PM

Yep and it got turned into some bs that grbac had a bad game because of his sick son or something like that.

Mayor apologized.

mikey23545
02-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Pretty much any QB who has played great ball in the NFL but wasn't a Chief was just a Product of the System....

ROFL

BTW, I notice Young still has the all time highest passer rating despite having to have toiled for years with the Yucks, with no offensive line, no running attack, and crap for receivers....

tk13
02-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Well the thing with Young and passer rating was that the holds the record with 8 consecutive seasons of 90.0 or better passer rating. That's pretty impressive because the 2nd longest streak of 90.0 or better is only 4 years by Brett Favre... then five or six others with 3 straight, including Trent Green, who is the only one on that list who has an active streak. If Trent can have a 90.0 or better rating this year, he'd become only the third QB in the history of the NFL to have a 90.0 or better QB rating for 4 straight seasons.

teedubya
02-05-2005, 04:49 PM
warren moon is a first time balloteer... the dude through for 20K+ in the CFL and andother 40K in the NFL, that is over 60K yards of passing. Unreal.

I think DT will get in not next year, but year after.

Art Monk needs to be let in... he should have been inducted this year.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Pretty much any QB who has played great ball in the NFL but wasn't a Chief was just a Product of the System....

Speaking of most retarded things every posted...

When you have no other legs to stand on, pull out the homer card.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 06:37 PM
warren moon is a first time balloteer... the dude through for 20K+ in the CFL and andother 40K in the NFL, that is over 60K yards of passing. Unreal.

I think DT will get in not next year, but year after.

Art Monk needs to be let in... he should have been inducted this year.

If simple longevity is the standard for the Hall of Fame, by all means let both Moon and Monk in...

shaneo69
02-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Something to ponder.....

With CP apparently leaving after this year with DV (Carl hasn't had his contract extended by Lamar yet), will DT have more trouble making it in if a new regime takes over (with no ties to the DT era)? If CP leaves, I could see Gretz also leaving KCChiefs.com, and Gretz was the one who presented DT's case for getting in. I guess the new Chiefs rep would come from a new regime, and it may be someone who didn't see Thomas up close. Of course, being up close didn't help Gretz talk these jack@ssses into voting for him, so maybe it's a moot point.

I also think that this whole thing is a major blow to King Carl, who no doubt wanted to still be in charge of the Chiefs when Derrick got in. I'm wondering if Gretz is now in hot water with CP for not making a good enough case for DT to get in?

KC Jones
02-05-2005, 08:37 PM
If simple longevity is the standard for the Hall of Fame, by all means let both Moon and Monk in...

I honestly don't know enough about the rest of Warren Moon's career to say whether he should get in. He put up some pretty gawdy numbers over a very long period - and playing the run and shoot in the NFL no less. I do remember him absolutely embarrasing the Chiefs several times when we were supposed to have great defenses though. Based on his numbers and those clinics he put on against us I'm tempted to think the man belongs in the Hall.

and FWIW longevity is an important aspect for HOF consideration.

Thig Lyfe
02-05-2005, 08:39 PM

Let's see Elvis and Chiefs4Me fight it out for the title.

WebGem
02-05-2005, 09:19 PM
That was f*cking bullshit. I will not watch 1 play of the super Bowl.

FloridaChief
02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Let's see Elvis and Chiefs4Me fight it out for the title.

ROFL

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 09:45 PM
I honestly don't know enough about the rest of Warren Moon's career to say whether he should get in. He put up some pretty gawdy numbers over a very long period - and playing the run and shoot in the NFL no less. I do remember him absolutely embarrasing the Chiefs several times when we were supposed to have great defenses though. Based on his numbers and those clinics he put on against us I'm tempted to think the man belongs in the Hall.

and FWIW longevity is an important aspect for HOF consideration.

I don't think the ability to compile stats should be a consideration for the HoF.

I know I've sounded like a jackass on this thread today, but I HATE the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I hate the system, I hate the criteria, I hate everything about it.

tk13
02-05-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't think the ability to compile stats should be a consideration for the HoF.

I know I've sounded like a jackass on this thread today, but I HATE the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I hate the system, I hate the criteria, I hate everything about it.
How do you differentiate who should be in the Hall of Fame then? If Warren Moon doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame, then who does?

big nasty kcnut
02-06-2005, 12:59 AM
This is a bunch of crap. Derrick Thomas should of been there. I'm so upset at this.

Demonpenz
02-06-2005, 01:03 AM
steve young was a very good runner too. Plus he threw 6 touchdowns in the superbowl

htismaqe
02-06-2005, 07:07 AM
How do you differentiate who should be in the Hall of Fame then? If Warren Moon doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame, then who does?

Guys that can take over a game all by themselves and win. Warren Moon was really good at racking up stats over a long period of time. But when did you ever see Warren Moon just take a team on his back and will them to win?

Willie Roaf is a HoFer. Joe Montana is a HoFer.

I don't believe Warren Moon is.