PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the greatest Eagle of all time wants the Eagles to lose....

Bowser
02-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Geezus, bitterman! Move on, already!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8163328/1

Kerberos
02-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Yea I read that on ESPN this morning ... this guy is just a jealous OLD punk that thinks he didn't get his "Just Reward" from the league.

As far as "I" am concerned anything he did on the field is being overshadowed by his actions NOW.

Someone should just club him from behind and put him out of his JEALOUS missery!

Cliff

jynni
02-05-2005, 11:46 AM
I know it's nothing compared to what players make now - but wasn't $27,000 a decent amount in 1960? I mean it's not like he was living in poverty or anything.

He really needs to get over himself.

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Yea I read that on ESPN this morning ... this guy is just a jealous OLD punk that thinks he didn't get his "Just Reward" from the league.

As far as "I" am concerned anything he did on the field is being overshadowed by his actions NOW.

Someone should just club him from behind and put him out of his JEALOUS missery!

CliffCorrect me if I am wrong but new cars cost about 1500 bucks in the 60's. Homes cost about 25K.

WTF was he bitchin about being paid 27K per year?

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 12:31 PM
I don't blame him.

If my team had been taken over by TO, I'd be pissed too.

Kerberos
02-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but new cars cost about 1500 bucks in the 60's. Homes cost about 25K.

WTF was he bitchin about being paid 27K per year?

Just like anyone else ... you spend what you make ....

If you look at the OVERALL difference the pay he got then would (Guessing) have to be $125,000 a year or MORE to equal what the players make today.

A good car costs $35,000 to $50,000 NOW but great players are making multi-millions so guessing players pay would have to be along these lines of 100K OR MORE back then to average players pay today!

Cliff

kansas hawk
02-05-2005, 02:29 PM
just a bitter old man, nothing more

wazu
02-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I don't blame him.

If my team had been taken over by TO, I'd be pissed too.

The going to the Superbowl part is nice, but having to watch TO do touchdown dances for my team would be really hard to watch. Especially considering he does like three of them every game. Oh, the humanity.

Big Chief Homer
02-05-2005, 04:33 PM
I heard him this after noon on espn and he said hes pissed because he wanted the eagles owner(i forget his name)to buy 100 of his books at 15 bucks a piece to hand out to the team and the owner told him no.he wasn't allowed to give the players "GIFTS".so hes pissed at the owner because he wouldnt buy his stupid books.

tk13
02-05-2005, 04:34 PM
The going to the Superbowl part is nice, but having to watch TO do touchdown dances for my team would be really hard to watch. Especially considering he does like three of them every game. Oh, the humanity.
Yeah, everybody's been on the TO thing all week, I think all of Freddie Mitchell's jabbering is far worse. Some average WR most people couldn't name a month ago calling out the Pats secondary? Real bright....

teedubya
02-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah, everybody's been on the TO thing all week, I think all of Freddie Mitchell's jabbering is far worse. Some average WR most people couldn't name a month ago calling out the Pats secondary? Real bright....

the Freddie Mitchell media blathering, to me, seems like a by-product of having TO on your team. Him thinking...Im a smart ass too, Im gonna say some shit too....

and the circus ensues.

crossbow
02-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Get over it dude! You happened to play at the beginning of the sport's long hard journey to success. Baseball was still king back then and those guys didn't make the millions either. Life is timing. Its not who you know it WHEN you knew them.

Fairplay
02-05-2005, 05:44 PM
That was a funny read. That guy is as jealous as sh*t and obviously a "me" person. He would be an a-hole to know as a person, i guarantee.

Skip Towne
02-05-2005, 05:58 PM
The NFL wasn't nearly as successful in 1960 as it is now. AND, there was no Players Association. Those guys got paid far better than most people. In 1965, my job paid $400 per month. And I always had money for beer.