PDA

View Full Version : The spareribs have been on for about 4 hours...

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Damn, what a day...50 degrees in February...

Bowser
02-05-2005, 12:25 PM
You making enough ribs for everyone?

BigOlChiefsfan
02-05-2005, 12:27 PM
The term 'Spareribs' seldom means 'ribs to spare', I'm sorry to say.

Delano
02-05-2005, 12:28 PM
It was near 60 in S. Dakota yesterday and pretty nice today despite the wind.

I grilled some venison steaks yesterday and enjoyed the preview of spring.

Hope your spare ribs are good.

SBK
02-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Im doin some baby backs for the Super Bowl tomorrow.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 12:38 PM
I used to do baby backs, but after a visit with the kitchen manager at JackStack, I was informed that "purists" do spares...baby backs for yuppies who don't want to get messy. :D

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 12:39 PM
The term 'Spareribs' seldom means 'ribs to spare', I'm sorry to say.Yeah I know, whats up with that?

SBK
02-05-2005, 12:39 PM
I used to do baby backs, but after a visit with the kitchen manager at JackStack, I was informed that "purists" do spares...baby backs for yuppies who don't want to get messy. :D

Wow. I like the meat better. But I've only done babybacks 2 or 3 times, and spareribs twice. What's the chances you could get me in the kitchen at Jackstacks? :thumb:

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Wow. I like the meat better. But I've only done babybacks 2 or 3 times, and spareribs twice. What's the chances you could get me in the kitchen at Jackstacks? :thumb:

I'm a BBQ buff. Last summer, my wife and I (and the kids) went with my parents on a BBQ pilgrimage to KC. We went to several places, but went to Fiorella's (in the freight district) last. I just asked the waiter if we could see the "pit" and the manager came out and took us on a full tour. Showed us the pits, told us how they place the meats (for dripping purposes), how they prepare it and everything. It was a blast, and the food was awesome...

SBK
02-05-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm a BBQ buff. Last summer, my wife and I (and the kids) went with my parents on a BBQ pilgrimage to KC. We went to several places, but went to Fiorella's (in the freight district) last. I just asked the waiter if we could see the "pit" and the manager came out and took us on a full tour. Showed us the pits, told us how they place the meats (for dripping purposes), how they prepare it and everything. It was a blast, and the food was awesome...

Im quite a fan of the bbq too. Im only 25 so I haven't had lots of time to hone my skill. Been to Fiorellas, next time I go I'll have to ask. Maybe they'll give up the recipie to those beans while Im at it!

My specialty is pulled pork currently.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Im quite a fan of the bbq too. Im only 25 so I haven't had lots of time to hone my skill. Been to Fiorellas, next time I go I'll have to ask. Maybe they'll give up the recipie to those beans while Im at it!

My specialty is pulled pork currently.

I love doing pulled pork, it's pretty easy and always tasty.

I just started BBQ about a year ago, with a Brinkmann smoker. That lasted about 2 months before I went and bought a Horizon.

It's hand-welded, 1/4" steel, so it keeps heat really well and I've yet to turn out bad Q on it.

Today I'm doing spare ribs, country style (shoulder) ribs, and whole chicken breasts.

I've developed my own rub recipe for the pork and I use chicken seasoning for the chicken. I usually just use store-bought sauce -- I haven't quite perfected that recipe yet.

Shootr
02-05-2005, 01:50 PM
I love doing pulled pork, it's pretty easy and always tasty.

I just started BBQ about a year ago, with a Brinkmann smoker. That lasted about 2 months before I went and bought a Horizon.

It's hand-welded, 1/4" steel, so it keeps heat really well and I've yet to turn out bad Q on it.

Today I'm doing spare ribs, country style (shoulder) ribs, and whole chicken breasts.

I've developed my own rub recipe for the pork and I use chicken seasoning for the chicken. I usually just use store-bought sauce -- I haven't quite perfected that recipe yet.

I am smoking the same thing tomorrow. Spare ribs and whole chickens. I got a new hand welded smoker courtesy of the in-mates at the Lansing State Penitentiary last fall. It is surprisingly nice.
I use my own variation of Ollie Gate's rub. He was on Martha Stewart a year or two ago and gave the ingredients to his sauce and his rub. Mmmm, I can't wait until tomorrow...

BigMeatballDave
02-05-2005, 01:52 PM
The term 'Spareribs' seldom means 'ribs to spare', I'm sorry to say.Is that why we eat them? The pig just didn't need them...

Nzoner
02-05-2005, 02:44 PM
I took the easy way out and went over to a little place in Kansas and got ribs,chicken,beef and pork for tomorrow.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 02:45 PM
I took the easy way out and went over to a little place in Kansas and got ribs,chicken,beef and pork for tomorrow.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as it's proper BBQ...

Nzoner
02-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Nothing wrong with that, as long as it's proper BBQ...

It's a little place called Keith's BBQ in Elwood,Kansas and I couldn't even come close to what this guy does.Heh,at the 37 Forever party Pink absolutely fell in love with the sauce,so I took her a couple of bottles down to the banquet.

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 03:02 PM
It's a little place called Keith's BBQ in Elwood,Kansas and I couldn't even come close to what this guy does.Heh,at the 37 Forever party Pink absolutely fell in love with the sauce,so I took her a couple of bottles down to the banquet.

Sounds good. I only got about an hour left!

go bo
02-05-2005, 03:04 PM
It's a little place called Keith's BBQ in Elwood,Kansas and I couldn't even come close to what this guy does.Heh,at the 37 Forever party Pink absolutely fell in love with the sauce,so I took her a couple of bottles down to the banquet.the bbq we had at the 37 forever party was plenty heap good... :D :D :D

your friend did a nice job with that... :thumb:

he should have a restaurant too... :harumph:

go bo
02-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Sounds good. I only got about an hour left!if i drive really fast, i can get there in time...

Nzoner
02-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Sounds good. I only got about an hour left!

So do you make your own sauce as well?

|Zach|
02-05-2005, 03:13 PM
The next time I come to KC I am gonna make my way to Rosedale BBQ. Now that is some good stuff.