PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Feast - What are you eating

BIG_DADDY
02-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I am lucky to have friends that love to cook so when we get together everyone is trying to take it to the next level and we could feed an army with what we bring. I am watching the game at Jeff's pad up in Emerald Hills in the mountains. He has a brand new 50 inch plasma HD TV monitor to watch the game on. I don't know what everyone is bringing yet so I will fill them in as I find out.

BIG DADDY & lil momma:

Organic thin baked sesame cracker with olive tapenade.

Raddicio Salad

Lethal Gator Organic Hot Wings grilled with Pecan Wood on charcoal.

Marinated Lamb Chops grilled medium rare also with Pecan Wood on charcoal.

Italian Chicken with New Orleans Spaghetti Bordelaise

Melon soup with prociutto breadsticks

I am also bringing a bottle of brandy that is supposed to be one of the finest liquors in the world. President Regan had a cask of it sent to the white house and it is still there. Spirit and Cocktail magazine called it "The best on the Planet" Robb Report called it "The Best Liquor" Here is an article on it recently in the Chronical it's called Germain - Robin.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/01/27/WIGEOATS8N1.DTL

I can hardly wait to taste this stuff

Jeff:

Bacon wrapped scallops

Crab Cakes

Prime Prime Rib Roast

Crawfish with some special dipping sauce he is preparing. He is making enough for 20 people and we will only have 12

He has a killer assortment of great wines and a full bar of very pemium premium liquors. Oh yea he has a bunch of Don Carlos #2's to smoke too.

Rick:

Seafood Jambalaya

HE always brings a lot of stuff but this is all I know now

Nate:

Steamed Crabs in XO sauce

Chinese style whole fried spicy shrimp

Diane:

Don't know yet

Chuck and Sue:

Don't know yet but I am guessing a big ol pot of cioppino

Fairplay
02-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Bigdaddy!

Our superbowl party that we're going to pails in comparison to yours as far as the eats are concerned.

Basically a lot of different snack food, chips and salsa, chex mix, meat platter, peanuts, that type of stuff. The grand finale is ordering a bunch of pizza from a local pizza place.

Oh and we're bringing quite a bit of Boulevard beer as well.

stumppy
02-05-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm thinking about a slab of ribs from Crosstown BBQ.:thumb:

Over-Head
02-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Beer nutz
popcorn
and a 6 pack of MooseHead

Fairplay
02-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Hey BD in the article you provided there is a list of different Germain-Robin brandies, which one did you purchase?

Ash
02-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Slow smoked beef and babyback ribs with a side of homemade mac&cheese and cornbread.Im going to wash it down all day with some coronas. Looking forward to it!

HemiEd
02-05-2005, 05:29 PM
My God Big Daddy, what would you guys cook if the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl? That is one impressive menu!

I am just cooking up a bunch of shrimp and a prime rib.

BIG_DADDY
02-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Hey BD in the article you provided there is a list of different Germain-Robin brandies, which one did you purchase?

Select Barrel XO Alambic Brandy

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 05:53 PM
My God Big Daddy, what would you guys cook if the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl? That is one impressive menu!

I am just cooking up a bunch of shrimp and a prime rib.With pro pane right?

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Select Barrel XO Alambic BrandyI will have to get me some of that. How much did it cost?

Is it available at a Bevmo maybe?

chiefs4me
02-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I am lucky to have friends that love to cook so when we get together everyone is trying to take it to the next level and we could feed an army with what we bring. I am watching the game at Jeff's pad up in Emerald Hills in the mountains. He has a brand new 50 inch plasma HD TV monitor to watch the game on. I don't know what everyone is bringing yet so I will fill them in as I find out.

BIG DADDY & lil momma:

Organic thin baked sesame cracker with olive tapenade.

Lethal Gator Organic Hot Wings grilled with Pecan Wood on charcoal.

Marinated Lamb Chops grilled medium rare also with Pecan Wood on charcoal.

Italian Chicken with New Orleans Spaghetti Bordelaise

Melon soup with prociutto breadsticks

I am also bringing a bottle of brandy that is supposed to be one of the finest liquors in the world. President Regan had a cask of it sent to the white house and it is still there. Spirit and Cocktail magazine called it "The best on the Planet" Robb Report called it "The Best Liquor" Here is an article on it recently in the Chronical it's called Germain - Robin.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/01/27/WIGEOATS8N1.DTL

I can hardly wait to taste this stuff

Jeff:

Bacon wrapped scallops

Prime Prime Rib Roast

Crawfish with some special dipping sauce he is preparing. He is making enough for 20 people and we will only have 12

He has a killer assortment of great wines and a full bar of very pemium premium liquors. Oh yea he has a bunch of Don Carlos #2's to smoke too.

Rick:

Seafood Jambalaya

HE always brings a lot of stuff but this is all I know now

Nate:

Steamed Crabs in XO sauce

Chinese style whole fried spicy shrimp

Diane:

Don't know yet

Chuck and Sue:

Don't know yet but I am guessing a big ol pot of cioppino

BD you are having a feast...we are having the assorted chips and dips along with pizza or sandwiches. My husband makes a great layered dip that is awesome and a pretty good nacho cheese meat dip. And then of course the bbq little smokies for the kids :thumb: and whatever else the friends bring.

I need a good homemade cocktail sauce...do you have one?

Fairplay
02-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I need a good homemade cock...do you have one?

:eek: ...... :thumb:

BIG_DADDY
02-05-2005, 06:01 PM
I will have to get me some of that. How much did it cost?

Is it available at a Bevmo maybe?

They only had their cheapest a B&M. I got mine at K&L. They charged me $86 it retails for $100. K&L is always going to be cheaper than anyone. They have one in Menlo Park and another if SF.

BIG_DADDY
02-05-2005, 06:05 PM
BD you are having a feast...we are having the assorted chips and dips along with pizza or sandwiches. My husband makes a great layered dip that is awesome and a pretty good nacho cheese meat dip. And then of course the bbq little smokies for the kids :thumb: and whatever else the friends bring.

I need a good homemade cocktail sauce...do you have one?

If your looking for an easy one this works

1 cup ketchup
1 lemon, zest finely grated and juiced
4 teaspoons prepared horseradish, or to taste, drained
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Hot sauce, to taste

Combine the ketchup, lemon zest and juice, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Add hot sauce, if desired. Mix well, then refrigerate until ready to serve.

siberian khatru
02-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Junk food city for me and the family: Chex mix, wings, pigs in a blanket, spinach-artichoke dip with flat bread, decorated Super Bowl chocolate chip cookie, beer, beer, beer.

Fairplay
02-05-2005, 06:07 PM
I'll try not to think about you tomorrow BD, while im eating pizza and chips you are haveing a gourmet meal to eat and to top it off fine cigars and quality brandy. Well paint me jealous.

This thread should be called, "Im eating like a king for the SB, what are you poor saps haveing?"

BIG_DADDY
02-05-2005, 06:08 PM
I am just cooking up a bunch of shrimp and a prime rib.

Sounds great to me, we just have a bunch of people cooking which is why there is so much. What I listed will be about 70% of what will actully be there. When you throw these things it's great if lots of people are good cooks and do their own thing.

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 06:09 PM
They only had their cheapest a B&M. I got mine at K&L. They charged me $86 it retails for $100. K&L is always going to be cheaper than anyone. They have one in Menlo Park and another if SF.Thats another way to keep the assets hidden, ;)

Jenson71
02-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Crackers and water?...

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Crackers and water?...Are you in Jail?

Fairplay
02-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Thats weak Jenson, you're eating better then that. Tell us what you will really have.

KevB
02-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Chips and Salsa/Cheese Dip
Veggie Tray
Meat Tray/Crackers

Big pot of chili
Cornbread
Salad
Fruit tray

Beer and Pop

Pretty much just your basics, although friends coming over may bring some things I don't know about.

Sounds like you guys do it up right BD. I will have my 57" HD surround sound cranked and ready

Jenson71
02-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Thats weak Jenson, you're eating better then that. Tell us what you will really have.

Probably Papa Johns... :shrug:

Hopefully my mom will cook ribs though...

HemiEd
02-05-2005, 06:14 PM
With pro pane right?

ROFL ROFL , propane is for quick hamburgers in the summer. No I have a pretty nice cooker and it got really warm here today! I think it set a record, that is why I decided to do this. 60 degrees out I believe. :p

chiefs4me
02-05-2005, 06:25 PM
If your looking for an easy one this works

1 cup ketchup
1 lemon, zest finely grated and juiced
4 teaspoons prepared horseradish, or to taste, drained
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Hot sauce, to taste

Combine the ketchup, lemon zest and juice, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Add hot sauce, if desired. Mix well, then refrigerate until ready to serve.

Thanks...I had forgotten the lemon.

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 06:27 PM
I guess I can thaw the turkey breast that I carved off of a 21 pound Bird roasted to perfection.

It should make enough sandwiches to satisfy my family.

Now, bread is an issue. I think I will go with Extra sour rye by Oroweat, A piece of sliced Swiss cheeze and some Kosher dill pickles and I am golden.

Doritos nacho chips, dipped in El Pato sauce, washed down by Non Fat Milk.

Yep, that is a family friendly Super Bowl feast.

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Chips and Salsa/Cheese Dip
Veggie Tray
Meat Tray/Crackers

Big pot of chili
Cornbread
Salad
Fruit tray

Beer and Pop

Pretty much just your basics, although friends coming over may bring some things I don't know about.

Sounds like you guys do it up right BD. I will have my 57" HD surround sound cranked and readyAs far as the TV goes, my 35 inch Mitzubishi that I have had for 13 years shit out about 4 months ago and currently am using a POS Walmart Orion 27 inch 160 dollar special, woo hoo.

I am waiting for the HD TV's to come down in price, and when they do, I feel that the LCD's offer much greater value than the Plasma's.

You also don't have to worry so much about burn in problems as you do with a plasma. Since I freeze things a lot with the Tivo, that is an issue. Further, the total hours the TV's are rated for, is much higher on an LCD screen.

BIG_DADDY
02-05-2005, 08:50 PM
I just decided to throw in a radiccio Salad as well. For those who haven't tried this it is great. Get a head of radiccio and peal them off so they make their own bowl. I am crumbling some Maytag Blue Cheese in ther and putting one leaf of endive on top. Roll it up and dunk it in some herb vinegrette and chase it with some red wine. Delicioso!!

Thig Lyfe
02-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Buffalo wings w/ Gates sauce mehopes

Nzoner
02-06-2005, 01:50 AM
Props BD one hell of a menu you have there.

For our party we have.....

Smoked ribs,chicken,pork and beef,bbq beans,baked potato casserole cole slaw, marinated cauliflower and mushrooms,nacho chips with cheese dip and smoked jalepeno dip,chocolate chip brownies,cinnamon rolls and assorted beers and drinks.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Wings and Chips & Queso....maybe a Pizza.

BIG_DADDY
02-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Props BD one hell of a menu you have there.

For our party we have.....

Smoked ribs,chicken,pork and beef,bbq beans,baked potato casserole cole slaw, marinated cauliflower and mushrooms,nacho chips with cheese dip and smoked jalepeno dip,chocolate chip brownies,cinnamon rolls and assorted beers and drinks.

We gotta party one of these days. I wish we had some smoked ribs but I can't bitch. Jeff just added crab cakes, the XO sauce will go GREAT with that. BTW if anyone ever wants some of that XO sauce I can get it for $10 a jar plus shipping and it will be better than anything that I have been able to find online. We have a 5 star chinese place in Mountain View that makes their own and I haven't been able to find anything even remotely close to being that good. Great for crab, shrimp and all white fish.

DTLB58
02-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Whatever my lady brings from the store, she just left. I suggested chips, salsa, cheese and Subs. Dessert, fresh hot chocolate chip cookies :p

Over-Head
02-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Chilly
Nacho’s
Pizza
Coupla a brauts
And a 6 of Moosehead

BIG_DADDY
02-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Well I'm out of here, heading on up. Hope you guys have great Superbowl parties and don't do anything I wouldn't. :)