PDA

View Full Version : Other than SB IV what was your favorite?

Nzoner
02-06-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm going to go with XXII Denver vs. Washington,I was living in San Diego at the time and actually got tickets the morning of the game.

Fortunately,my seats ended up being with a group of Redskins fans and we had a blast.Denver got up 10-0 in the 1st quarter but would never score again as Timmy Smith ran for over 200 yards(still a SB record) and Doug Williams and co. lit up the scoreboard with 35 points in the 2nd quarter in less than 6 minutes.

Watching depressed Denver fans leaving midway into the 3rd quarter was a beautiful sight.

KCWolfman
02-06-2005, 11:15 AM
SFO against Denver was nice

And I realize I am probably in the minority with this one, but the BAL win was great. I love watching a great defense.

jspchief
02-06-2005, 11:32 AM
SFO against Denver was nice

And I realize I am probably in the minority with this one, but the BAL win was great. I love watching a great defense.

That Ravens game is on my list. My buddy is a loudmouth Giants fan, so I loaded up on prop bets against NYG. I took adjusted spreads, punt returns, just about any bet that could go in BAL's favor. I made about 2k on $10-$20 prop bets, plus I got to see my buddy get his heart ripped out and stomped on.

I also would mention the '85 Bears game. I was just a kid and was kind of pulled into all the Bears hype. It's the first Superbowl I remember really getting excited about.

Mile High Mania
02-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Denver vs Packers or Falcons.

LiL stumppy
02-06-2005, 11:37 AM
The one between the Lambs and Titians I think where they were 1 yard short.

JazzzLovr
02-06-2005, 11:45 AM
With apologies to RNR and OH, I think that in recent years, the Tampa Bay-Oakland SB was the funniest and most entertaining I've seen. :evil:

RNR
02-06-2005, 11:47 AM
With apologies to RNR and OH, I think that in recent years, the Tampa Bay-Oakland SB was the funniest and most entertaining I've seen. :evil:
Putem up! putem up!

DTLB58
02-06-2005, 12:32 PM
I gotta say Super Bowl XX! That Bears defense was the most dominating suffocating, FUN defense to watch ever! The only downer of that game was that my favorite player at that time didn't score, the great Walter Peyton. Bears over the Pats 46-10

My favorite drive has to be in Super bowl XXIII when Montana took the Niners 92 yards in the last 3 minutes to win with a 10 yard t.d. pass (red right tight,F left, 20 halfback curl x-up) to John Taylor 20-16 over the Bungals.

My favorite performance: Phil Simms 22 of 25 passing on the day for a record 88% completion percentage on the day. You couldn't do much better on the biggest day in your proffesional career than that, besides he did that against the Broncos. ROFL Giants 39 Broncos 20

I could go on and on. I LOVE the Super Bowl and Trivia about the game.

Damn, I just wish we could get the Chiefs there!

Bowser
02-06-2005, 12:38 PM
The Rams Titans was pretty entertaining.

A close second was any of the three Bronco losses. :D

Over-Head
02-06-2005, 12:41 PM

gerrrrrrrr :cuss:

Over-Head
02-06-2005, 12:45 PM
I’d have to pick SB 15.

Plunket was washed up by most everyone’s projections. He’d been traded by 3 teams, and labeled “no dang good”, and was “supposedly” prone to injury.
Oaktown gave him the chance when Pastrami got hurt week 5 and he helped engineer a complete under dog story of the ages.
From Wild card to SB world champs.

4th and Long
02-06-2005, 12:51 PM
For entertainment value alone and in no particular order:

1. Super Bowl XXII - Williams put on a clinic.
2. Super Bowls IX, X, XII and XIV - Pittsburgh was a true dynasty in those years.
3. Super Bowl XX - McMahon and The Fridge were fun to watch.
4. Super Bowls XXIII and XXIV - Back to back 9er wins.
5. Super Bowl XXXVI - 1 yard short. Nuff said.

For the "ROFL Ha HA HA!!! ROFL" factor, and again, in no particular order:

6. Super Bowls XI, XXI, XXII and XXIV - Dead Donkeys all over the field.
7. Super Bowls XXV, XXVI, XXVII and XXVIII - Watching Buffalo choke 4 years in a row was a classic belly laugh.
8. Super Bowl XXXVII - Chokeland implodes and has never been the same since. :D

Thig Lyfe
02-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Rams vs Titans was one of the best Super Bowls in history.

Bowser
02-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey 4th - The thread said favorite, not favorites. Nice list, but no dessert for you, chumpy.

:shake:

Over-Head
02-06-2005, 12:55 PM
For the "ROFL Ha HA HA!!! ROFL" factor, and again, in no particular order:

6. Super Bowls XI, Dead Donkeys all over the field.

Sorry dude, XI saw Stabler take Tarkenton to the cleaners in a 32-14 win :thumb:

No dead Donks in that one :D

4th and Long
02-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Sorry dude, XI saw Stabler take Tarkenton to the cleaners in a 32-14 win :thumb:

No dead Donks in that one :D
Damn keyboard. It left off an X. :cuss: Should have read XXI.

4th and Long
02-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey 4th - The thread said favorite, not favorites. Nice list, but no dessert for you, chumpy.

:shake:
Hey Bowser - Shall I point out exactly which part of my ass you can kiss? :D

:p

Rain Man
02-06-2005, 01:15 PM
If I had seen it, I would say that Super Bowl I was my second-favorite after IV. Just seeing the Chiefs in the Super Bowl would be worth it, and losing to Lombardi's Packers doesn't carry a lot of shame.

Of the Super Bowls I've seen, I'd have to go with the Rams-Titans, just for the last two minutes. The outstretched arm one yard from the end zone is going to be one of the NFL's iconic images for the next half-century. Plus, I like seeing a defensive player being the hero - it's trite to have an offensive player score the winning touchdown, and my dream was always to be the defensive player making the stop on the one-yard line on the last play of the Super Bowl to save a win.

Nzoner
02-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I thought the Rams-Patriots was quite entertaining as well.Rams tie it up with little time only to watch Brady get the team downfield and then Vinaterri's game ending field goal.

Ultra Peanut
02-06-2005, 02:27 PM
SB XXXIV, Lambs-Tits. A Memphis Tiger hauling in the game-winning 73-yard touchdown catch and one of the most dramatic, memorable moments in NFL history on the game's final play. Aside from the fact that either St. Louis or Trashville was going to win, it was amazing.

WilliamTheIrish
02-06-2005, 03:27 PM
SB V. Colts vv Cowboys.

Last second FG to win it by a rook PK. So many crazy things happened in that game (tipped pass that fell into John Mackey's hands for a 75 yd TD.... A fumble that bounced through the EZ for a touchback....Earl Morrall relieving Johnny U to lead the comeback after Johnny got his ribs broken on a sack by Lilly and Jethro Pugh.... a goal line fumble by Dallas recovered by Baltimore..... MLB Mike Curtis picking off Morton to set up the game winning FG.)

The memory of Bob Lilly slinging his helmet downfield while walking off the field after the game winning FG.

Just one hell of a wild SB

siberian khatru
02-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I still fondly remember the first two Steelers-Cowboys ones. Good games, and since I despised the Cowpokes back then, I loved it that Staubach's comebacks fell short both times.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-06-2005, 03:38 PM
All the ones Denver and Oakland lost were good.

Digital Takawira
02-06-2005, 04:07 PM

hell yes, i loved seeing gannon fail horribly. and no apologies.

crossbow
02-06-2005, 04:35 PM
SB XIII
Steelers 35
Cowboys 31.

Jackie Smith drops the game winner in the end zone. The game had everything in it. Gotta feel for Smith. He was the best tight end ever until the modern ones came along.

jollymon
02-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Superbowl 30. You know the one where the trophy is handed to Lamar...

Mr. Kotter
02-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Every one that Denver lost. :D

SnapDogg
02-06-2005, 05:37 PM
The Bucz kickin the $hit outa the Faiderz!

shaneo69
02-07-2005, 10:50 AM
My three favorite Super Bowls had less to do with the games and more to do with the parties I was at.

The first was Giants-Broncos in Jan '87. I was 17 at the time and the restaurant I worked at was closed on Sundays, but the owners had a Super Bowl party for all the employees with awesome food and all the draft beer we could drink. Great time.

Then the Jan '93 game when the Cowboys beat the Bills for the first time.......me and two of my best friends, and one of the guys' dad and his friends all watched the game at a bar called Casey's in O'Fallon, IL. The place was packed but we had a big table right in front of the big screen, and the great atmosphere was the thing I remember most. I think that's the only time I went to a bar to watch the Super Bowl.

Being in St. Louis when the Rams won the Super Bowl was pretty cool as well, even though they're not "my" team or my wife's team. We hosted a Super Bowl party that year and my son had just been born at the beginning of the '99 season. That was probably my favorite Super Bowl "house" party.

whoman69
02-07-2005, 11:31 AM
The first Cowboys vs Steelers matchup was the first great competetive Super Bowl. It featured teams that gave it back and forth all day and perhaps the greatest individual play in Super Bowl history, Swann's miraculous catch over Mark Washington. The fact the Cowboys ened the game with a cheap shot on Bradshaw showed the team they really are, sore losers who could not figure out why they couldn't come over the top every year. Like the Yankees are now, they figured it their birth right to be in the Super Bowl. I hated the arrogant bastiges.

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Super Bowl XXXII was my favorite(tied for first as the greatest ever played), but outside of the two that Denver won my favorite is not one where the Chiefs, SD, or Raiders lost. I'm not that kind of person.

The second SF vs Bengals Super Bowl was awesome. Icky Woods, Boomer, Rice, and the greatness that is Joe Montana.

Bearcat
02-07-2005, 11:37 AM

:thumb:

I watched it in a Raider fan's room, and everyone else was rooting for TB either because they hated the Raiders or just wanted to piss him off :) We went to go look for him in the 4th quarter, and he was curled up in the fetal position on someone's floor a few doors down ROFL

I think the Rams/Pats was my favorite... It started with me doing homework with the game on, because there was no way I was going to waste 4 hours watching the Rams win another SB. The next morning I put the front page of the sports page on our door for all the Rams bandwagoners.... it got ripped down. Good thing I had grabbed 5 papers :D

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Rams vs Titans was one of the best Super Bowls in history.

I thought that game sucked.

Rain Man
02-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Super Bowl XXXII was my favorite(tied for first as the greatest ever played), but outside of the two that Denver won my favorite is not one where the Chiefs, SD, or Raiders lost. I'm not that kind of person.

Broncos fan...not petty and vindictive. Garcia Bronco continues to be an enigma.

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Broncos fan...not petty and vindictive. Garcia Bronco continues to be an enigma.

ROFL

dilligaf
02-07-2005, 11:53 AM
My favorite has to be the Giants-Bills. That was a fun game.

patteeu
02-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Rams-Titans. I skimmed the thread and saw a lot of other answers. I have to presume that there were personal reasons for picking those games because none of them (with the possible exception of Giants-Bills) can hold a candle to a game winning tackle (by a KC native no less), 1 yard short of the goal line as time expires.

BigMeatballDave
02-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Denver vs Packers or Falcons.Duh!
LOL I enjoyed any SB with the donkeys getting their ass handed to them...

Braincase
02-07-2005, 01:18 PM
49ers/Bengals. What a game.

SCTrojan
02-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Gotta go with 1988 - Broncs vs. Redskins. If I remember right, Broncs went up 10 and then got smacked with 35 points in the 2nd quarter. Some guy named Timmy Smith running rampant. I was living in Colorado Springs at the time, and to see the look on all of the Broncs' fans' faces was priceless.

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Gotta go with 1988 - Broncs vs. Redskins. If I remember right, Broncs went up 10 and then got smacked with 35 points in the 2nd quarter. Some guy named Timmy Smith running rampant. I was living in Colorado Springs at the time, and to see the look on all of the Broncs' fans' faces was priceless.

Was I there....I can't remember?

I remember the game, but not when, where, who...etc. :hmmm:

shaneo69
02-07-2005, 03:36 PM
My favorite has to be the Giants-Bills. That was a fun game.

Unless your name is Scott Norwood.

MOhillbilly
02-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Titans vs. St.Louis even though the Titans lost.

Nzoner
02-07-2005, 07:57 PM

Was I there....I can't remember?

I remember the game, but not when, where, who...etc.

OK