PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Old Republic - Sith Lords - PC version out on Tuesday

Frazod
02-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Heads up for those of you who have been anxiously awaiting the PC game.

The site still says the release date is merely "02/05," but Best Buy has a release date of Tuesday. Got mine preordered.

Assuming it's as good as the first game, you won't be seeing me around here for awhile.

PBJ

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Just picked up KotOR for Christmas.

Yeah, I'm behind the curve, so sue me.

Looking forward to having time to play it.

Frazod
02-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Just picked up KotOR for Christmas.

Yeah, I'm behind the curve, so sue me.

Looking forward to having time to play it.

I've been jonesing for the new one so bad I actually started playing the old one again. :D

KCWolfman
02-06-2005, 06:51 PM
I got Galaxies for my kids and have been playing it waiting for Sith Lords.

Frazod
02-06-2005, 06:52 PM
I got Galaxies for my kids and have been playing it waiting for Sith Lords.

Never played Galaxies - I don't really get into on-line games.

KCWolfman
02-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Never played Galaxies - I don't really get into on-line games.
Me neither, no real end goal to the effort, but nothing else has caught my eye on PC for quite some time.

However, I have enjoyed XMen Legends on PS II

Frazod
02-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Me neither, no real end goal to the effort, but nothing else has caught my eye on PC for quite some time.

However, I have enjoyed XMen Legends on PS II

Don't have any game systems other than the computer. I was somewhat tempted to get an Xbox so I could play Sith Lords earlier, but I beat back the urge to waste my money. I'm glad I waited.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2005, 07:20 PM
There's a review up at gamespy....apparently the game's only problems are slightly dated graphics, some bug/crash issues (pisses me off since the first game had a ton of these too) and some AI pathfinding problems.

I bet two of those can be addressed in patches.

Anyway, can't wait!

AeroSquid
02-06-2005, 07:20 PM
ever since i started playing cs:s i don't play much of anything else. i liked the original kotor tho.

cookster50
02-07-2005, 05:34 AM
Never played the first one, but have the second one on Xbox, not a bad game!

HC_Chief
02-07-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm now hooked on DoW. I'll wait 'til KOtOR drops in price (gotta love Amazon) :D

Phobia
02-07-2005, 10:12 AM
See you in April, Tim.

David.
02-07-2005, 10:27 AM
eh, it's okay. I don't really see any improvement over the first one.

that's xbox version though

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Heads up for those of you who have been anxiously awaiting the PC game.

The site still says the release date is merely "02/05," but Best Buy has a release date of Tuesday. Got mine preordered.

Assuming it's as good as the first game, you won't be seeing me around here for awhile.

PBJ

The game play is awesome and the stuff you can make are great. I won't comment on the story, but to say enjoy yourself. I had fun playing it, I've gone through it 3 times

Frazod
02-08-2005, 06:53 PM
I learned something new today.

Unlike DVDs, the "release date" for computer games is apparently the date they ship to stores, not the date they are available for purchase.

SO.. I.. DON'T... HAVE... THE... GAME... YET.... :#

They better get that sonofabitch in tomorrow or somebody's GONNA F#CKING DIE!

:cuss:

Frazod
02-09-2005, 07:09 PM
GOT IT!PBJ

I'm watching Lost, and then I'm GONE!

Frazod
02-09-2005, 07:12 PM
On second thought, f#ck Lost. That's what TiVo's for.

Bye.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Heh.

Pants
02-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Meh, IMO the first one pwnd KOTOR 2. For some reason I didn't like Sith Lords that much, maybe my expectations were too high after playing the absolute masterpiece that was KOTOR (this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Start Wars).

What's DoW? Oh and KCW, if you even semi-liked Galaxies, try World of Warcraft, I hear it's really good.

Frazod
02-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Meh, IMO the first one pwnd KOTOR 2. For some reason I didn't like Sith Lords that much, maybe my expectations were too high after playing the absolute masterpiece that was KOTOR (this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Start Wars).

Well, I made it through the first level. I did start over once when I realized I hadn't been developing a skill I was really better off having (the game's "recommended" skills and feats are generally stupid and wrong). They could have done a better job with the NPCs, too. That old Camila Parker Bowles-as-a-Jedi witch is rather annoying. Hopefully when I replay it in darkside mode I'll be able to gut her with a lightsaber.

I do enjoy it so far. It doesn't seem as good as the first one, but seriously, what is?

In my haste to escape Best Buy and get right home and start playing, I didn't check to see if they had strategy guides yet. I'll definitely need to pick one of those up.

Hercules Rockefell
02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
I learned something new today.

Unlike DVDs, the "release date" for computer games is apparently the date they ship to stores, not the date they are available for purchase.

SO.. I.. DON'T... HAVE... THE... GAME... YET.... :#

They better get that sonofabitch in tomorrow or somebody's GONNA F#CKING DIE!

Don't buy games from Best Buy if you want to get the game on its release date. Tuesday is the release date for games just like DVDs, but Best Buy doesn't make any real effort to get new games out on their shelves on release dates. EB, Babbages, GameStop, etc. all should have gotten the game in Tuesday afternoon and immediately put it out. Best Buy, in their infinite wisdom, ship from their distribution centers on Tuesday and put the games out on Wednesday. At least that's the way it is with PS2, XBox, and GameCube games, so I don't think it would be any different with PC games.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Here's an early version of my character - Gannius Lors:

http://img228.exs.cx/img228/1479/me1.jpg

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Dressed down for the trip:

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 02:39 PM
BTW Frazod, you don't need a bleedin' strategy guide. That's what the internet is for:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/walkthrough.php

Calcountry
02-11-2005, 02:41 PM
What causes the screen to pan wide sometimes? It is very fuggin annoying.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 02:56 PM
What causes the screen to pan wide sometimes? It is very fuggin annoying.

Probably when an enemy is sighted.

You should turn on mouse view, it's much easier for moving around. Hold down CTRL when you want to select something.

Pants
02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
BTW Frazod, you don't need a bleedin' strategy guide. That's what the internet is for:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/walkthrough.php

www.gamefaqs.com, nub.

Taco John
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Don't have any game systems other than the computer. I was somewhat tempted to get an Xbox so I could play Sith Lords earlier, but I beat back the urge to waste my money. I'm glad I waited.

I think it's a mistake not to get an Xbox. One I'm glad I rectified.

They're pretty cheap now at all these game boutiques. I'm thinking about buying another one and getting it modded to the hilt.

Taco John
02-11-2005, 06:25 PM
That old Camila Parker Bowles-as-a-Jedi witch is rather annoying. Hopefully when I replay it in darkside mode I'll be able to gut her with a lightsaber.

It's my opinion that she becomes less annoying... But I wanted to kill her to start out the game. I do like the second one better... Mostly because of some of the fixes they made, but also because of the fact that you can develop your Jedi powers from relatively early on in the game.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 08:40 PM
If anyone's wondering what the fastest way to repair HK-47 is, basically all you have to do is make Nar Shadaa the second planet you visit. You should have two parts by the time you leave Telos, and get two others on Nar Shadaa.

You get 3 parts from the HK-50's (the gray versions of HK-47 that you fight) and one from a vendor on Nar Shadaa.

Frazod
02-12-2005, 05:22 AM
Well, it's about 5:20, and I'm finally calling it a night.

I think I might actually like this better than the original. :thumb:

Anyway, hello and goodbye. I'm off to bed before I collapse.

Pants
02-12-2005, 05:33 AM

Don't judge it till you beat it.

Hammock Parties
02-12-2005, 07:34 AM

How far are you? I just finished Telos and landed on Nar Shadda last night before I went to bed.

The HK-50's are by far my favorite part of the game so far... ROFL

Frazod
02-12-2005, 12:17 PM
How far are you? I just finished Telos and landed on Nar Shadda last night before I went to bed.

The HK-50's are by far my favorite part of the game so far... ROFL

I went to Dantooine and Korriban first (call me sentimental) after Telos.

Can't remember the name of the planet I'm on now (when I quit playing last night, I'd been up for 22 1/2 hours on 4 1/2 hours of sleep two nights in a row) so the end is a foggy right now. :D

I'm not going to give anything away, but I am really enjoying it.

SpitLightning
02-12-2005, 12:35 PM
awesome game itook me 48 hours to beat it, well worth it, by far The Best StarWars Game EVER.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2005, 02:50 PM
awesome game itook me 48 hours to beat it, well worth it, by far The Best StarWars Game EVER.

only 48 hrs?

is that 48 actually playing hours? or just a couple of days?

Hammock Parties
02-12-2005, 04:25 PM
48 ACTUAL hours.

Right now I'm up to about 15 and I'm finishing up Nar Shadaa.

Frazod, I made it a point to get HK-47 up and running ASAP so I could enjoy all his dialogue on the other planets.

HE LIVES!!! ROFL

http://img234.exs.cx/img234/2753/meatbag1.jpg

http://img234.exs.cx/img234/8840/meatbag2.jpg

Hammock Parties
02-12-2005, 07:27 PM
ROFL

http://img209.exs.cx/img209/3594/HKlove.jpg

http://img209.exs.cx/img209/3427/HKlove2.jpg

Hammock Parties
02-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Now we rollin'

Pants
02-13-2005, 03:50 AM
I had a bad ass weapon master with a single silver lightsaber and two Jedis watching my back set to jedi support. I own while they heal/give powers me. Died once in the whole course of the game (due to a stupid mistake).

Hammock Parties
02-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Oh now we rollin...' fo sheazy

I just TORE Onderon the **** up!!!

Hammock Parties
02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Report: Well, I just beat the game....took me just shy of 40 hours.

Not as good as the original KOTOR, but still tons of fun. The story didn't feel quite as tight, and I wasn't overly satisfied with the ending.

Now to play through as an evil, asskicking kill-anything-that-moves darkside character. :fire:

Hammock Parties
02-14-2005, 09:04 PM
I think the main thing I didn't like about this one was the environments. The first game had cool places to explore.

Tatooine - desert planet

Manaan - water planet

Taris - city planet

Dantooine - grasslands planet

Kashyyk - jungle planet

Korriban - rocky planet

Kotor II wasn't as diverse:

Telos - city planet

Nar Shadaa - city planet

Dxun - jungle planet

Onderon - city planet

Peragus - city planet (not really, but felt like it)

And we repeated Korriban and Dantooine, which was kinda boring.

For KOTOR 3, I think they need to update the graphics engine BADLY...it's really showings its age. And they need to take out the massive amount of items you can get it in the game. In both KOTORs there's just way too much stuff to pick up. It's too easy to just sell all the extra stuff you find and have gobs of credits on hand. I think I finished the game with 200,000+ credits.

digi2fish
02-14-2005, 09:12 PM
does there any characters at KOTOR I remain but the driods ?

we have to wait until Feb.19 here in Taiwan...

Hammock Parties
02-14-2005, 09:18 PM
does there any characters at KOTOR I remain but the driods ?

we have to wait until Feb.19 here in Taiwan...

Here are the returning playable characters:

T3-M4

HK-47

Canderous (except he's "Mandalore" this time around)

There are cameos from a Rodian vendor as well as Malak, Revan and Bastila (I won't spoil how they show up).

Carth Onasi has kind of a cameo - you can buy the "Onasi Blaster" at a vendor.

digi2fish
02-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Here are the returning playable characters:

T3-M4

HK-47

Canderous (except he's "Mandalore" this time around)

There are cameos from a Rodian vendor as well as Malak, Revan and Bastila (I won't spoil how they show up).

Carth Onasi has kind of a cameo - you can buy the "Onasi Blaster" at a vendor.

Malak is still alive ?

Hammock Parties
02-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Malak is still alive ?

You'll see. :)

I don't want to spoil anything.

digi2fish
02-14-2005, 09:44 PM
You'll see. :)

I don't want to spoil anything.

thanks, may the force be with you, Jedi master.
:thumb:

Frazod
02-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I've been sick as hell for the past two days, and haven't had the energy to even sit in front of the computer. It's certainly too late to get going tonight.

I guess I'll pick it up again tomorrow.

:cuss:

Garcia Bronco
02-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Wait til you guys get those Ossus Keeper Robe

Pants
02-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Wait til you guys get those Ossus Keeper Robe

I did. Was it +4 wisdom +4 intelligence and some other things, I forget now?

And I agree with Goat completelly. I didn't want to say anything about the ending until everybody here beat it. But I felt like the story was disorganized and convulted and I never got into my character like in the first one.

The story completelly sucked comapred to the first one, which, IMO, had the best twist in the history of story telling. I had a few guesses but never saw THAT coming. KOTOR 2 wasn't deep enough for me and felt a bit disconnected, don't know how to explain it, but it wasn't nearly as good as the original.

David.
02-14-2005, 11:44 PM
The story completelly sucked comapred to the first one, which, IMO, had the best twist in the history of story telling.

ROFL, dork

Garcia Bronco
02-14-2005, 11:44 PM
I've bet it three times...I've been a Jedi master...Watchman...and Sith Lord..all as a JC...and I'm on a 4th as a Guardian..this time I'm going to be a weapons master. I've gone through it 3 times and get new/different stuff everytime

The Force Focus Visor, Ossus Keeper Robe, a extra special light saber crystal, a solaris(sp) crystal, viridian focus crystal, the top Diatium cell, a perception-d package, and Shey meditation belt was my favorite setup.

David.
02-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I've bet it three times...I've been a Jedi master...Watchman...and Sith Lord..all as a JC...and I'm on a 4th as a Guardian..this time I'm going to be a weapons master. I've gone through it 3 times and get new/different stuff everytime

The Force Focus Visor, Ossus Keeper Robe, a extra special light saber crystal, a solaris(sp) crystal, viridian focus crystal, the top Diatium cell, a perception-d package, and Shey meditation belt was my favorite setup.

wow, I went over it twice in the first one. This one was so boring, because there wasn't much change from the first one IMO. I could never do that.

Pants
02-14-2005, 11:46 PM
ROFL, dork

Oh yeah? Well you... you... your mom... ehhh.

But it was a good twist, you gotta agree. Don't get me wrong the story in SW (the movies) sucked teh big one, but I KOTOR had a f*cking amazing sotry.

Garcia Bronco
02-14-2005, 11:48 PM
I forgot the shey meditation gloves..

This one character had like 750 force points by the end of the game.

David.
02-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Oh yeah? Well you... you... your mom... ehhh.

But it was a good twist, you gotta agree. Don't get me wrong the story in SW (the movies) sucked teh big one, but I KOTOR had a f*cking amazing sotry.

yeah I never saw it coming.

Frazod
02-14-2005, 11:58 PM
yeah I never saw it coming.

Agreed. That story of that game was better than all the movies combined.

Pants
02-15-2005, 12:01 AM
I know it's not that big of a deal, but seriously, I can't think of a bigger twist that surprised me as much in any movie/game/book.

Garcia Bronco
02-15-2005, 12:03 AM
wow, I went over it twice in the first one. This one was so boring, because there wasn't much change from the first one IMO. I could never do that.

I think what you had here was a situation where the story made more sense the second time around...and it's designed that way. It's also by nature of the title very cryptic. You never know who to really trust...and even when you go through it a second time...slight changes alter the story line more so than the first. I liked the first one better, but I like this one for different reasons.

Hammock Parties
02-15-2005, 12:07 AM
The ending is too quick here...they're obviously setting it all up for KOTOR III.

I hope they put the droid factory back in the PC version for Kotor III...I want HK-47 to lay waste to his shoddy rip off counterparts.

Pants
02-15-2005, 12:11 AM
I always thought HK was annoying as f*ck and wished I could kill him.

David.
02-15-2005, 12:15 AM

yah forreal.

worst character created

Frazod
02-15-2005, 12:15 AM

He cracked me up. Appealed to my twisted nature, I guess. :evil:

Hammock Parties
02-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Statement: HK is the bomb.

David.
02-15-2005, 12:21 AM

you're little gimmick is even worse than the character.

I mean..I lol'd at first. But it's kinda been worn out.

Pants
02-15-2005, 12:22 AM
you're little gimmick is even worse than the character.

I mean..I lol'd at first. But it's kinda been worn out.

I never laughed. Glad somebody did.

David.
02-15-2005, 12:24 AM
I never laughed. Glad somebody did.

when he got royr about posting kcstar stuff. I laughed. That's about it.

Rausch
02-15-2005, 12:36 AM

You are Jack's lack of colon health and excretion regularity. You cause Jack to be constipated and 6 different ways of uncomfortable...

Hammock Parties
02-15-2005, 12:42 AM
You are Jack's lack of colon health and excretion regularity. You cause Jack to be constipated and 6 different ways of uncomfortable...

Query: Why?

Frazod
02-15-2005, 12:45 AM

Considering all the time we spend playing this game, I'd say we're all candidates to be Jack's wasted life. :D

Rausch
02-15-2005, 12:51 AM
Query: Why?

You remind me of the "FAME" series on TV.

You suck, yet somehow you just won't go away...

Frazod
02-15-2005, 12:53 AM
You remind me of the "FAME" series on TV.

You suck, yet somehow you just won't go away...

Damn, that's harsh. ROFL