PDA

View Full Version : After watching the game all these threads are..

philfree
02-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Not good. Both Os didn't even try to submit their will against each other they just tried to be clever. IMO they sucked and both O's seem to play into the hands of the D. T.O. made a few plays but play for play I'm not so sure he didn't hurt the chances of his team to win. This had the potential to be one of the best Championship games ever and it just wasn't.

PhilFree :arrow:

|Zach|
02-06-2005, 11:31 PM
I think the atmosphere and the TV schedule make for games that lack flow and excitment.

Mr. Kotter
My thought was "both sides are playin' to 'not lose,'"

I hate that.... :shake:

Phobia
T.O. made a few plays but play for play I'm not so sure he didn't hurt the chances of his team to win.

I don't want to be nitpicky or anything, but this could be the dumbest thing you've ever typed at ChiefsPlanet. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but this one is the cream today.

philfree
02-06-2005, 11:40 PM
I don't want to be nitpicky or anything, but this could be the dumbest thing you've ever typed at ChiefsPlanet. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but this one is the cream today.

Who won?

Rausch
02-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Congrats to the Pats...

But this superbowl was $#it. Just horrid as a neutral fan...

|Zach|
02-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Congrats to the Pats...

But this superbowl was $#it. Just horrid as a neutral fan...
I dont know...most people at the place I was at and people I talked to have liked it but...whateva

philfree
02-07-2005, 01:02 AM

Please elaborate on my dumbness........I don't mind being dumb but when I am I like it when the smart people educate me. :shrug: How else am I supposed to learn?

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 02:25 AM
RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
T. Owens 9 122 0 36

how does that hurt his team? i dont get how it could hurt them those are unbelievable stats considing he was limping most of the game.

Pants
02-07-2005, 02:30 AM
RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
T. Owens 9 122 0 36

how does that hurt his team? i dont get how it could hurt them those are unbelievable stats considing he was limping most of the game.

He might have hurt himslelf more, perhaps for a long while.

KCWolfman
02-07-2005, 02:37 AM
He might have hurt himslelf more, perhaps for a long while.
That does not "hurt his team" as pointed out erroneously by Phil. It was a great gambit

Pants
02-07-2005, 02:44 AM
That does not "hurt his team" as pointed out erroneously by Phil. It was a great gambit

Losing a top tier player wouldn't hurt a team?

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 02:48 AM
my understanding was he cant hurt it anymore than it was allready hurt so if that is true then the hurt his team lines is pure BS??

KCWolfman
02-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Losing a top tier player wouldn't hurt a team?
Um, you mean next season when they start 0-0 or this season when they are playing for the SB?

Pants
02-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Um, you mean next season when they start 0-0 or this season when they are playing for the SB?

Meh, I guess I'd give up Priest for a SB win.

|Zach|
02-07-2005, 03:10 AM
I am ready for next season

tk13
02-07-2005, 03:11 AM
I dont know...most people at the place I was at and people I talked to have liked it but...whateva
I don't think it was horrible, but I don't think it was great... just kinda in the middle. The lack of scoring in the first half seemed to be a result of sloppy play as much as great defense.... it was better than being a blowout though.

DenverChief
02-07-2005, 03:24 AM
it was better than being a blowout though.

Thank you San Francisco 55 Denver 10 :D

tk13
02-07-2005, 03:35 AM
Thank you San Francisco 55 Denver 10 :D
Well the obvious Bronco and Raider blowouts excluded, of course... :)

Phobia
02-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Please elaborate on my dumbness........I don't mind being dumb but when I am I like it when the smart people educate me. :shrug: How else am I supposed to learn?

Heh heh. Sorry to hit and run like that - normally I stick around for the fallout, but the wife explained that it was time for me to get some "sleep".

I think everybody has made my point for me. TO caught 9 balls for a bunch of yards. A chunk of his yards were RAC that only he could have made, IMO. If his contribution didn't inspire some of his non-injured teammates to leave everything on the field, I don't know what would....

Nobody thought he would catch 9 balls. Nobody. It wasn't like he was hurting his team by missing half the balls thrown his way either. McNabb skipped the only two balls he missed. I don't understand how he could have possibly hurt his team last night.

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Not good. Both Os didn't even try to submit their will against each other they just tried to be clever. IMO they sucked and both O's seem to play into the hands of the D. T.O. made a few plays but play for play I'm not so sure he didn't hurt the chances of his team to win. This had the potential to be one of the best Championship games ever and it just wasn't.

catching balls isn't the only thing a receiver does....I didn't catch it, but his blocking might have been bad.

morphius
02-07-2005, 11:10 AM
catching balls isn't the only thing a receiver does....I didn't catch it, but his blocking might have been bad.
Well, that would make a difference it their RB's ever got past the LoS, but since they didn't, I doubt he hurt them there either.

As for the game, I thought it was an okay game. 2 good D's with mediocre's O's. Both D's were laying on some hard hits, which I like. Sure it is less exciting to watch then a shoot out when you are neutral, but its still fun to see some aggression on a D. I don't know why anyone expected this to be a great game, the NFC is so weak that the Eagles barely had to try to get in, I have no doubt that any number of AFC teams could have easily knocked them out of the playoff's.