PDA

View Full Version : CD copying software

dollar1
02-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I need to copy stuff from my hard drive to a cd. My hard drive is getting too full. Most are funny video clips (900 MB) that at my leisure, pop in the cd and watch them from there.

I had a "Easy CD Creator 4" vs 4.03from Roxio that came with my system (3yrs old Gateway 863Mhz with 2 gig memory). I upgraded to Win XP awhile back. There is some "conflicts" with the CD software so I download a "Easy Creator 5" vs 5.3.5.10 patch from Cnet. I get a "Update canceled. No good Roxio product can be detected" error. I look under the Properties of the patch, shows that it won't work for XP.

The Roxio site addresses that error. First, by editing the System Registry which I bet I can really mess up. Second, by unistalling and reinstalling, which I think I could handle.

They keep referring to vs 5.0 and mine is 4.03, will this matter?

Anyway, would it be easier if I went to some site and download a free version of some sort of CD Burning software?

~Crawling Back Under My Rock~

htismaqe
02-07-2005, 04:38 PM
With Windows XP, you don't need any of that...

The Roxio technology is built right into the OS...just right click on the file you want to burn and select "Send To CD Drive"