PDA

View Full Version : Happy thread of the day! Quinn is in for at least another year! :KU:

Dave Lane
02-08-2005, 02:52 PM
WooHoo Mike Alden on KKs show today said Quinn will be the coach next year! Makes the gloomy weather just a bit brighter!

:KU:

Dave

Pants
02-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Yea Boiiiiiii!

Oh and that gloominess will soon be purty-purty snow. It's been snowing pretty hard here in Lawrence. Good snow too. I foresee much sledding tonight.

Saulbadguy
02-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah, and if you are lucky, ole Jim Wooldridge will be back as well.

Actually, I wouldn't take Mike Aldens word on it right now. A last place finish in the Big XII could change things pretty quickly.

Dave Lane
02-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Yeah, and if you are lucky, ole Jim Wooldridge will be back as well.

Actually, I wouldn't take Mike Aldens word on it right now. A last place finish in the Big XII could change things pretty quickly.

At least they haven't said he's in or out. I'd have a fit if Quinn was KUs coach and they didn't fire him today.

Dave

ChiefsCountry
02-08-2005, 03:10 PM
That is a PR stunt people. Why say you are going to can the guy, everything in the season would go down hill real quick.

Saulbadguy
02-08-2005, 03:11 PM
everything in the season would go down hill real quick.
Any Mizzou fans care to comment on this one?

Dave Lane
02-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah I'd like to hear their thoughts

Dave

PastorMikH
02-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Any Mizzou fans care to comment on this one?

Talked to dad last night. He said last night that word around Columbia was that they would give Quinn one more year to turn things around. He said that technically, this is Quin's first losing season.

Personally, I'm thinking that any coach that would take over a program like Quinn inherrited from Norm Stewart and sink it to this level should be gone now.

Just by looking at our football team over the last 30 years you can see that the athletic dept is more than willing to settle for mediocracy.

Mr. Laz
02-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah I'd like to hear their thoughts

Dave

then try reading the first post about it :p

PastorMikH
02-08-2005, 03:26 PM
That is a PR stunt people. Why say you are going to can the guy, everything in the season would go down hill real quick.

Actually, I think it has already bottomed out for the season. We've won 1 game in the last 7 and that was to Nebraska.

Spott
02-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Has anyone started www.firemikealdenandquinsnyder.com yet?

I don't really take Alden's word for it. This kind of thing reminds me of when Marty totally denied that we had any interest in trading Brett Perriman, then he proceeded to trade him the next day to Miami.

Dave Lane
02-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Has anyone started www.firemikealdenandquinsnyder.com yet?

I don't really take Alden's word for it. This kind of thing reminds me of when Marty totally denied that we had any interest in trading Brett Perriman, then he proceeded to trade him the next day to Miami.

Boy he really seemed emphatic about it. There was no real hedging about it.

Dave

Bearcat
02-08-2005, 06:39 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar3168_15.gif

The whole liking-KU-and-KState is one thing, but pretending to temporarily hate one is just sad :shake:

Saulbadguy
02-08-2005, 06:42 PM
The whole liking-KU-and-KState is one thing, but pretending to temporarily hate one is just sad :shake:
Newsflash...they play tommorow night.

Bearcat
02-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Newsflash...they play tommorow night.

Does that mean you have to hate one of the teams you normally like?

(I'm taking hate from another example, too.... the 64-0 football thread)

It's like.... um.... uh.... coming home and beating your wife on the days you bang your girlfriend.

Okay, maybe not.... but it's pretty weird.

Saulbadguy
02-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Does that mean you have to hate one of the teams you normally like?

(I'm taking hate from another example, too.... the 64-0 football thread)

It's like.... um.... uh.... coming home and beating your wife on the days you bang your girlfriend.

Okay, maybe not.... but it's pretty weird.
Lets just put it this way. I really, really, really want K-State to beat KU in everything. However, I want KU to do well outside of those games.

I also really want K-State to beat MU in everything, but not quite as bad. I also want to see MU fall flat on their face in everything. Same applies to Nebraska, and more recently Colorado.