PDA

View Full Version : Another example of dumb

Nzoner
02-08-2005, 07:35 PM
The last time I gave an example like this it was a teenage girl,however today I witnessed a grown man walk into a donut shop,order a dozen donuts and proceed to tell my client which donuts he wanted.

After a bit he stopped and asked how many he was at and was told 9,he then paused for a moment and I swear he asked,"how many I got left?"To which my client told him 3.

Immediately I thought of Skip's smoking a joint thread.

Seriously,I don't know how some of my clients do it waiting on people like this but like he told me after the man left,you bite your tongue,serve them,take the money and say thank you.

I'm more thankful each day that I at least get to work with the people who own and mange the businesses.

Dave Lane
02-08-2005, 07:39 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dave

Pants
02-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Heheh, I've had moments like those when I was working at Kmart's electronics section during my highschool years. Sometimes you are just like "Are you fuggin serious?"

4th and Long
02-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm ... donuts .....
http://www.goodrock.com/productpics/shirts/thumbs/psim0029.gif

Slayer Diablo
02-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Try listening to a highschool Freshman at a debate tournament...some of them say the stupidest things. Of course, we get "courtesy points" in a lot of events, so I have to keep my mouth shut.

Marada
02-08-2005, 08:25 PM
I wonder how many cashiers could actually figure out the correct change to give back anymore without the cash register. Have you noticed that counting the change back in the correct manner is a lost art?

Rain Man
02-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Sometimes I wonder how often I'm a clueless customer, because by definition a clueless customer doesn't recognize that they're a clueless customer.

DTLB58
02-08-2005, 08:36 PM
I wonder how many cashiers could actually figure out the correct change to give back anymore without the cash register. Have you noticed that counting the change back in the correct manner is a lost art?

What I like to do is change the amount I am giving to the high school aged cashier AFTER they have already punched it into their register. Like buy something for $3.87 initally give them a $5 and then after they punch it in give them .07 and watch the blank look on their face. It's unreal :shake:

Phobia
02-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Try listening to a highschool Freshman at a debate tournament...some of them say the stupidest things. Of course, we get "courtesy points" in a lot of events, so I have to keep my mouth shut.

I'd rather listen to 100 dumb Freshmen than read 1 more post from you.

Marada
02-08-2005, 08:44 PM
What I like to do is change the amount I am giving to the high school aged cashier AFTER they have already punched it into their register. Like buy something for $3.87 initally give them a $5 and then after they punch it in give them .07 and watch the blank look on their face. It's unreal :shake:

I hear you there. And if I were a tad less honest I would be ab;e to pick up a couple bucks for lottery tickets with the extra they give you back.

Hammock Parties
02-08-2005, 08:51 PM
I'd rather listen to 100 dumb Freshmen than read 1 more post from you.

I think you're underrating Slayer's intelligence. Sounds like he's a sharp debate kid.

Course I've never met the guy. But from his posts, he seems like a sharp kid, just a little inexperienced in life (i.e. driving).

Wallcrawler
02-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Heh.

Reminds me of when my wife and I went into Mcdonalds for lunch. I walked up and ordered a number 3, and Krista just said "Just gimme a half dozen chicken Mcnuggets and a coke".

The guy behind the counter looks at her and says "We dont offer half a dozen. They come in sizes of 6, 8, and 20."

Krista says "Yeah, just gimme the half dozen."

The guy starts to get pissed, and says "Lady, I already told you we dont offer half a dozen!! We have 6, 8, or 20, now which one do you want out of those!?"

Krista realises that this guy is a complete fool, and once again orders the half dozen, and this guy just loses it. He goes back, and gets his manager, and asks him to explain to this "Stubborn lady" that they dont offer a half dozen Chicken Mcnuggets."

By now, everyone in line is watching this event take place.

The manager just looks at him kinda funny, and then explains to him that 6 is half a dozen, and would he please just fill the order.

The little moron turns bright red, and an old man at the next line over who was probably seventy years old or so asks him if he never took general math in school, and starts laughing.

The manager in an attempt to make up for the trouble gave us our lunch for free.

Nzoner
02-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Heh.

Reminds me of when my wife and I went into Mcdonalds for lunch. I walked up and ordered a number 3, and Krista just said "Just gimme a half dozen chicken Mcnuggets and a coke".

The guy behind the counter looks at her and says "We dont offer half a dozen. They come in sizes of 6, 8, and 20."

The guy starts to get pissed, and says "Lady, I already told you we dont offer half a dozen!! We have 6, 8, or 20, now which one do you want out of those!?"

Krista realises that this guy is a complete fool, and once again orders the half dozen, and this guy just loses it. He goes back, and gets his manager, and asks him to explain to this "Stubborn lady" that they dont offer a half dozen Chicken Mcnuggets."

The manager just looks at him kinda funny, and then explains to him that 6 is half a dozen, and would he please just fill the order.

The little moron turns bright red, and an old man at the next line over who was probably seventy years old or so asks him if he never took general math in school, and starts laughing.

The manager in an attempt to make up for the trouble gave us our lunch for free.

I think that guys sister works at our Arby's,I posted a thread about her around 6 months ago.

AeroSquid
02-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Farva: I'll just take a liter cola.

Burger Kid: What's a liter cola?

Eleazar
02-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Maybe he thought he got a baker's dozen?

Phobia
02-08-2005, 09:20 PM
I think you're underrating Slayer's intelligence. Sounds like he's a sharp debate kid.

Course I've never met the guy. But from his posts, he seems like a sharp kid, just a little inexperienced in life (i.e. driving).

Oh - thanks for that lesson, gochiefs. You are intelligent, just lacking any social skills whatsoever. He's of average intelligence (I'm feeling generous) and has well adapted social skills for his age.

BigChiefFan
02-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Maybe he thought he got a baker's dozen?

ROFL ROFL That was good!!! :thumb:

Hammock Parties
02-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh - thanks for that lesson, gochiefs. You are intelligent, just lacking any social skills whatsoever. He's of average intelligence (I'm feeling generous) and has well adapted social skills for his age.

Lesson? I'm just offering my opinion from what I gleaned from his posts. You've met him, so if I'm way off base please smack my bitch up.

Phobia
02-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I haven't met him.

chiefs4me
02-08-2005, 09:29 PM

Just how generous are you feeling? ;)

Hammock Parties
02-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I haven't met him.

Damn, I noticed his face at a Chiefsplanet gathering so I assumed too much...

siberian khatru
02-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Heh.

Laugh now, in 30 years that guy will be president of the United States.

Abba-Dabba
02-09-2005, 05:44 AM
Francis: It ain't D-E-R-E, it's D-E-A-R. And "Sarah" ain't got no two R's, King. Damn you're dumb.

King: It don't make no difference, she know what I mean. She don't read too good nohow.

Slayer Diablo
02-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Damn, I noticed his face at a Chiefsplanet gathering so I assumed too much...

I've only been to last year's Colts game, which Phobia did not attend.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2005, 08:00 AM
He was likely wondering if he would get the customary Bakers dozen which is 13. Depending on the donut shop, 12 or 13 could both be considered a dozen.

Now who is the dumbass?

Nzoner
02-09-2005, 08:20 AM
He was likely wondering if he would get the customary Bakers dozen which is 13. Depending on the donut shop, 12 or 13 could both be considered a dozen.

Now who is the dumbass?

Customary?

Not around here.

Ultra Peanut
02-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Try listening to a highschool Freshman at a debate tournament...some of them say the stupidest things.We know. You post on this forum.

HemiEd
02-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Duh, I could have sworn I bought donuts here locally.. :hmmm:

teedubya
02-09-2005, 11:09 AM
www.darwinawards.com for terminal stupidity.

chiefs4me
02-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Still begging for rep, whore?

Of course, it doesn't really matter to you.

I never mentioned the word. You did. I was taking about something else. Phob knows what I was talking about.;)

Ultra Peanut
02-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Farva: I'll just take a liter cola.

Burger Kid: What's a liter cola?ROFL

"Liter is French for give me my ****ing cola!"